The Dark Knight

Default Which Punisher Max Issue is this cover from?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Punisher Vol. 5 #22. I'm not sure it's from the MAX series at all, but it is Garth Ennis.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The Dark Knight

Great. Thx.

BANNED

It's not MAX at all.
    It's from the Marvel Knights run that came before it, which started out as a dark and some not so dark comedy book and morphed into seriously grim and dark proto-MAX towards the end.

And it had covers by Tim Bradstreet who took the genre of "bloke standing in front of a wall" and made it his own.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think that was the era when Joe Q or Bill Jemas insisted on covers that were iconic. They were typically just the characters posing. They looked nice but gave no indication of what the interior contained. It spread across the rest of the Marvel Line too. I think artists started running out of ways to avoid making them look repeating themselves.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-16-2017 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think that was the era when Joe Q or Bill Jemas insisted on coverc that were iconic. They were typically just the characters posing. They looked nice but gave no indication of what the interior contained. It spread across the rest of the Marvel Line too. I think artists started running out of ways to avoid making them look repeating themselves.
    Maybe.
    *looks at Ultimate books covers*
    Okay, yeah, definitely.

But if you look at a Tim Bradstreet cover, don't matter if it is for Jemas/Quesada Marvel, Hellblazer at DC, RPG books for Vampire The Masquerade... he's going to draw a dude and a wall. Sometimes he gets experimental and you get a woman and a wall.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think that was the era when Joe Q or Bill Jemas insisted on coverc that were iconic. They were typically just the characters posing. They looked nice but gave no indication of what the interior contained. It spread across the rest of the Marvel Line too. I think artists started running out of ways to avoid making them look repeating themselves.
    Yeah, the covers for the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil run were about as nothing as you could get.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not MAX at all.
    It's from the Marvel Knights run that came before it, which started out as a dark and some not so dark comedy book and morphed into seriously grim and dark proto-MAX towards the end.
    ? The final MK arc was the most brazenly comedic of them all.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    ? The final MK arc was the most brazenly comedic of them all.
    Yes it was, but that arc aside it did get darker in tone at the end, streets of laredo, brotherhood etc. Thats what carabas is referring to

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Punisher Vol. 5 #22. I'm not sure it's from the MAX series at all, but it is Garth Ennis.
    Yep its issue 22 of his Marvel Knights run (Not his MAX run). Its the last issue in the "Brotherhood" arc which focuses on 2 cops and the trouble they get into. Its a pretty good arc.