Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Penguin Appreciation Thread. "waugh waugh waugh"

The Penguin/ Oswald Cobbelpot. One of Batman's classic Villains. The Napoleon of Crime. Once upon a time He was Batman's 2nd Greatest Adversary after the Joker. A character at times was touted as having a Higher Intellect then even Batman himself. A Villain that committed his crimes in a pursuit of Challenge and Adventure while also getting stinking rich while doing it and proving that he was Smarte then every one else. A Character that has defiantly seen His Highs and Lows over the Decades.
    A character that at times had one of the most interesting and in some ways similar origins to Batman Himself.

Anybody else a fan of the Bird Themed Lord of Larceny?

I am a fan of him. But I mean he still pops up in the stories!

I am fan of Lord Cobblepot.. Except in Tellstale..

I like his time in N52 Catwoman comics(during the mafia saga), he was ally of Selina and Black Mask(both enemies)... In the end.. Selina WIN, cobblepot is his ally and.. he takes black mask fortune for make him survive..
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-15-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I am a fan of him. But I mean he still pops up in the stories!
    Yes, but to me any way, he hasn't realy been The Penguin in a long time. They kind of sucked the fun out of him.

Yeah but I like his portrayal on Gotham. Robin Lord Taylor is really doing a great job of playing him as Oswald.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Yeah but I like his portrayal on Gotham. Robin Lord Taylor is really doing a great job of playing him as Oswald.
    I think Robin Lord Taylor does a good job as far as the performance and the characters' handing on the show, but his characterization is as far from what I expect from the Penguin as possible.

Just a little homicidal and subject to his emotions for my taste. But hopefully that improves in season 4...

I would have loved to see Burgess Meredith play a "straight" Penguin.

I love the Penguin and I think it's pretty cool that they've found a way to keep him around and not make him as silly as he was. Of course I love and prefer sillier, goofier Penguin but I'd rather have him pop up as a mob boss character every now and then, rather than keeping him out of the books entirely like some other goofy villains.

Penguin for me, is the second most important of Batman's rouges gallery. Need me some of those good trick umbrellas

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Too bad we never see more of that Penguin.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

I've developed a deep appreciation for the Penguin and I find it hard to visualize Batman's world without him. He's a top-tier member of the Rogues Gallery.

I would've loved to see him in a Nolan Batman movie over the more overrated villains like Black Mask or Hush.

the_penguin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post

Too bad we never see more of that Penguin.
    I was always fond of Penguin's henchgirls from that cartoon .

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was always fond of Penguin's henchgirls from that cartoon .
    I think that he used henchgirls in his first issues of Iceberg Lounge story back in mid 90s,but my memory is messy.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

As someone who maintains that Batman's rogues gallery rounds out the top three with the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man's rogues, Penguin definitely ranks up there on my list of personal favorite villains. Love all versions, but if I really, REALLY had to pick, Burgess Meredith's take will always be the most iconic interpretation of the character. Waugh, waugh, waugh, waugh!

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven