Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default Advanced solicitations preview: The Oz effect

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-f...hmen-showdown/

So, great cover. The Doomsday Clock mention is worthless though, no new details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    http://13thdimension.com/watchmen-to...this-november/

So, great cover. The Doomsday Clock mention is worthless though, no new details.
    Am I missing something?

The link posted here is to something that prominently says
    Posted By Dan Greenfield on May 15, 2017
    which was two moths ago?

(I was thinking you were giving us something a tad more . . . recent?)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Both links, new and old, came up in my news feed. Fixed.

So I guess, whoever Oz is (future Jon, Alexander Luthor, Conner Kent, etc.), it's someone Jon would be willing to work with.

Almost kind of feels like Jurgens doing his own take on a "Rogue Jon" storyline after Tomasi/Gleason did Black Dawn.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So Bogdanovic is doing the whole arc?! Fantastic!

Jon working with Oz seems like a pretty big tell that it's, as Frontier suggests, someone Jon would be cool working with. Oddly enough this doesn't rule out Jor-El or Jon sr, but it still keeps future Jon jr as a strong possibility.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Wonder what Oz could deal with Lois Lane.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Wonder what Oz could deal with Lois Lane.
    Visiting his own mother.

Stories like Black Dawn and now Oz Effect where Jon has a couple instances of joining up with villains under his belt are going to be Exhibit A that Lex Luthor points to when he makes the argument Jon is going right down the road to becoming the person his doppleganger is/was, needs to be destroyed and ultimately goes bad again himself.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-16-2017 at 12:10 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Last night I was leaning towards Lex, but now I think Oz is future Jon due to the Lois confrontation. Can't see why Jor-El or Jonathan Sr. would have any meaningful reasons to confront Lois seeing as how she never met them before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So Bogdanovic is doing the whole arc?! Fantastic!
    Everything but part one.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post
    Can't see why Jor-El or Jonathan Sr. would have any meaningful reasons to confront Lois seeing as how she never met them before.
    Since Mr Oz was following Superman's life, he might want to get an encounter with a woman who is one of the major reasons that made Superman the man he is today. Any of the two fathers would want to thank Lois for being by Clark's side or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Both links, new and old, came up in my news feed. Fixed.
    Thanks for the correction.

By the way, is there anything in those solicitations saying "Mr. Oz" definitely isn't Ozymandias from Watchmen?

Everything still seems too vague from what I've seen.

(And I'm still remembering how everybody how everybody got fooled by the revelation of who was the other "Clark Kent" as revealed in "Reborn". DC gave us a list of possible choices, but most people STILL voted that DC would reveal it was somebody else when all was revealed!)

Nope, Ozymandias is definitely still in play, it just seems ever more unlikely considering what's becoming a consistent mentioning now about how the identity of Mr. Oz means something to Superman. Veidt wouldn't mean a thing to Superman, he'd have no clue who that guy is. What I think is more probable now, if the Ozymandias hints in the past are still to be made relevant at all, is that Mr. Oz knows/knew him.

I do believe however that the identity of Oz has gone through at least one and perhaps multiple changes internally before we've arrived here.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Since Mr Oz was following Superman's life, he might want to get an encounter with a woman who is one of the major reasons that made Superman the man he is today. Any of the two fathers would want to thank Lois for being by Clark's side or something like that.
    Not sure Oz wants to do much thanking given that his men are apparently destroying stuff right now.

It being Jor or Jon Sr does some unnecessary blemishing and muddling on their roles in the myth, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nope, Ozymandias is definitely still in play, it just seems ever more unlikely considering what's becoming a consistent mentioning now about how the identity of Mr. Oz means something to Superman. Veidt wouldn't mean a thing to Superman, he'd have no clue who that guy is. What I think is more probable now, if the Ozymandias hints in the past are still to be made relevant at all, is that Mr. Oz knows/knew him.
    I agree.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Credit goes to you for that theory, you mentioned the idea of still being able to have an Ozymandias connection even if he turned out to be Jon or someone else first.

Oh wow, thanks for the shout out then lol

As you say, I also believe that Oz himself has gone through identity shifts up till now. At one point, he might've just straight up been Veidt.

I remember Johns calling Oz something like the spirit of the Rebirth era in a thematically similar way to Pandora being the new 52 one. That sort of makes me think that it's gotta be a character that sort of encompasses the mission statement of these two years. Honestly, that could end up being either Jon Sr or Jor-El. Thus making Clark the legacy. It also jibs a bit with recent Tomas Wayne stuff. But that also keeps and older Jon Jr firmly in the running, and it still jibs with the Wayne stuff (maybe even better given that it ended up being about Damian's future and upbringing just as much as Bruce's).

I just personally don't feel like adding such a complex bend to the inherently simple stories of Jon Sr and Jor-El. But that doesn't means it's not totally still in play as a possibility.