View Poll Results: Which X-Force Is The Best?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liefeld

42 22.34%
  • KYost

61 32.45%
  • Remender

63 33.51%
  • Humphries

4 2.13%
  • Hopeless

4 2.13%
  • Spurrier

14 7.45%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Lol! I forgot. I actually read Counter-X X-Force. All I remember is Wisdom and it being really weird and Portacio's ultra-hulking just hot off of Image. Its probably down at the bottom out of all the runs I actually fully read, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Its a toss up between Fabiens and Johns (as in Francis Moore). Perhaps the latter a bit more. Loved the road-tripping and the art. The art! Adam Pollina was a feast for the eyes.

I still adore those costumes. A feast for the eyes indeed!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It was so gracious of Domino to invent fuchsia

BANNED

Poll is missing some runs.

I forgot these guys became X-Force for a time. I think I preferred them as X-Statix. That should be Niceza w/ Rob in the poll since he was the co-writer before completely taking over and rather quickly.

Its a toss up between Fabiens and Johns (as in Francis Moore). Perhaps the latter a bit more. Loved the road-tripping and the art. The art! Adam Pollina was a feast for the eyes.

I stopped reading the X-Books in 2006 so the bottom paragraph is partly to do with whats changed when I left.

I haven't read all K/Y or Remender yet, just a handful. But reading about the whole approach, poor ultra-violent saviors , ultra - killers "having" to kill because the others can't is a bit of a turn-off. Especially when they are seen as enjoying it. That's just so pathetic to me. I was so used to reading books like Punisher where he doesn't whine. Its all just so narcissistic. That may sound harsh... I dunno... From the little bit I actually read Remender is a good writer subtracting that. His dialogue is good and so are his beats and the story appeared interesting. Kyle/ Yost uhhh probably won't go near it because of one particular part that scared me away, lol, just... no. I only have a couple of those issues.

Yeah, 198 mutants are some real big numbers. X-Men are a bunch of superheroes who don't kill. Isn't that what Xavier says more than often. During Kyle/Yost's run, all of the main characters are killers. For the most part, X-Force's objective was to kill the Purifiers and Selene's techno-organic army of mutants, who can't be killed. Then there is Stryfe and Apocalypse. Kyle/Yost's narrative/dialogue was the only weakest point of that run but then again Kyle/Yost succeded to tell an engaging story with those characters who don't hesitate to kill as a black ops unit.

Remender's run has full of intriguing and emotional storytelling behind each character's M.O. It questioned their ethics and how far they are gonna kill through this... Then there is Remender's Final Horsemen, which certain had a unique and fresh premise. Reminder's run subtly dynamises all of these concepts into one storyline.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-18-2020 at 07:30 PM.

I was a big fan of Yost’s & Remender’s runs but Percy....he is stealing the show for me. My new #1.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yeah, 198 mutants are some real big numbers. X-Men are a bunch of superheroes who don't kill. Isn't that what Xavier says more than often. During Kyle/Yost's run, all of the main characters are killers. For the most part, X-Force's objective was to kill the Purifiers and Selene's techno-organic army of mutants, who can't be killed. Then there is Stryfe and Apocalypse. Kyle/Yost's narrative/dialogue was the only weakest point of that run but then again Kyle/Yost succeded to tell an engaging story with those characters who don't hesitate to kill as a black ops unit.

Remender's run has full of intriguing and emotional storytelling behind each character's M.O. It questioned their ethics and how far they are gonna kill through this... Then there is Remender's Final Horsemen, which certain had a unique and fresh premise. Reminder's run subtly dynamises all of these concepts into one storyline.
    I'm confused by this, are you saying the X-Men don't kill? And Xavier keeps saying it and its not true? Or did you word that wrong?

OP Question -

Remender is best but KYost is a close second, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    OP Question -

Remender is best but KYost is a close second, IMO.
    QFT. Percy is closing in fast though. I don’t think he’ll pass Remender for me personally but he may match him.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

I'm confused by this, are you saying the X-Men don't kill? And Xavier keeps saying it and its not true? Or did you word that wrong?
    For most of the occasions, they do not. Xavier mentioned this since the beginning. X-Force does because they are proactive.

Last edited by Vishop; 02-18-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    There's Remender's run, and then there's everything else. I say this having loved the Kyle/Yost run too.
    I couldn't agree more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I have to say Kyle/Yost was my favorite of the bunch. Remender's my #2, even if it dropped pretty hard in quality after the Dark Angel Saga. My third choice is Hopeless, who had a really fun run, albeit a shorter one. After that, I'd go original team (post-Liefeld).

The worst is Humphries, and it's not even close. The real shame of it is that I adored his roster, especially Spiral, but he completely freaking botched it. So much wasted potential.
    Koays is that you?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Percy is probably tied 2nd with Yost.

Remender's first arc had Wade feeding his own flesh to Warren and Fantomex popping a cap in a kid's head.
    "Cable was right!"

For me Remender's will always be the best but Percy is coming for the throne.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member

I hope in this Xforce they don't duplicate powers.For example I don't want Jean on the team as she and Kid Omega have the same power set plus all depicted with a pink aura. I really want new characters I'm tired of Angel and X23 appearing yet we always have Wolverine.As I said Mercury would be tailor made for Xforce.A body that is a full weapon and also adept at infiltration even though she can't blend in.Anyway seeing how Xeno,Orchis,'plantinels' ,children of the Vault are powerful enemies we need a powerful team.Wolverine,Mercury,Kid Omega,Domino,Quicksilver and Shinobi Shaw.I reason it would be good for Magnus and Shaw(as shady as he is) to be represented by members of the team they trust so that it seems fair.A team picked only by beast or Xavier has seeds of disaster as we could have vested interests working against the rest of the council.
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.

BANNED

Warpath bowlcut/v-neck skinny black shirt, back tattoo and X-CHOKER make a better team then any XForce in the last decade. Period.