View Poll Results: Which X-Force Is The Best?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liefeld

42 22.34%
  • KYost

61 32.45%
  • Remender

63 33.51%
  • Humphries

4 2.13%
  • Hopeless

4 2.13%
  • Spurrier

14 7.45%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

My X-force reading list is sparse with only Kyost, Hopeless, Remender, and Spurrier.

Top 2 is Kyost and Remender but Kyost wins. I like it tying into the overall X-plot plus this was during my dislike of Wolverine period.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 11-28-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Hands down Remender! The Dark Angel Saga was epic.
    Agreed. I also voted Remender. Both for exploiting the Archangel's potential and for how he surprisingly handled Wade Wilson.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-28-2018 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

BANNED

John Francis Moore was the comfiest so he'd get my vote

Remender's X-Force.

He told a very refreshing and sophisticated story of Apocalypse, a concept that's often overdone. Same with the Age of Apocalypse reality. He organically weaved it into the story without forcing it.

He gave amazing developments to Warren, who's normally a bland or background character.

Same with Betsy, but he even expanded it with her. He made her actions and decisions a central part of the story, something that she rarely gets.

He somehow made Deadpool a very grounded and likable character, but without losing the quirks that makes Deadpool himself.

The comic itself had consistent art ad the story wasn't interrupted because it was self-contained enough.

However, I like all the X-Force runs.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Remender!!! It’s not even close, IMO!

KYost & Choi’s run, I like a lot, but Remender & Opena came aboard, and blew that sh!t out of the water.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    As a story : Remender
    As a team : Kyle and Yost
    Pretty much this. Really hard to choose between them, but I'd go with KYost.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Otherworld was... different. But I think everyone was aware of that. Especially when you take on someone like Greg Tocchini as the artist (who's work on LOW is amazing). It's a drastic change up in style from the rest of the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Love the Otherworld arc personally. But I think it got hurt by the artist, who I love normally, but for that story they should have gotten a heavy hitter.
    My only gripe.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Definitely 90's X-Force. Liefeld's first few issues aren't that good, but as soon as he leaves all the way to the end when the X-Statix take over, it's a freaking solid run. Character growth for the New Mutants, plus a few newbies, as they explore the world beyond the mansion. Heck, I even like that period where they lived in the mansion with the X-Men. Proto-Ric/Star was a thing of beauty, James got some shine, Sam and Roberto's bromance, Siryn was a leader, when Dani came back it was great, Dom and Cable were used just enough. The MLF was great. It was just cool. If the Academy kids ever want to level up, they'll need an X-Force of their own. This was great for the New Mutants generation.

I don't get the fascination for the modern X-Force. All the excessive violence is off putting for me. And the stories just aren't nearly as deep as people seem to think they are.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I know 90s/2000s X-Force had better art than that.

Also Remender's X-Force is still my favourite. I remember going in like "Oh God No. Not f**king Deadpool" but Remender made him work.

My favorite X-Force era was the Nicieza/Capullo run right after Liefeld launched the book and departed. Second favorite would be the Remender/Opena run through the Dark Angel Saga, right before that book went downhill. After that, I guess maybe the Hopeless/Larroca Cable and X-Force team. That was fun.

Story: Remender and Spurrier
    Cast: Moore and Nicieza

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Definitely 90's X-Force. Liefeld's first few issues aren't that good, but as soon as he leaves all the way to the end when the X-Statix take over, it's a freaking solid run. Character growth for the New Mutants, plus a few newbies, as they explore the world beyond the mansion. Heck, I even like that period where they lived in the mansion with the X-Men. Proto-Ric/Star was a thing of beauty, James got some shine, Sam and Roberto's bromance, Siryn was a leader, when Dani came back it was great, Dom and Cable were used just enough. The MLF was great. It was just cool. If the Academy kids ever want to level up, they'll need an X-Force of their own. This was great for the New Mutants generation.

I don't get the fascination for the modern X-Force. All the excessive violence is off putting for me. And the stories just aren't nearly as deep as people seem to think they are.
    Agreed. 90's X-Force was interesting. Though to be honest, I never could get into the artwork of either Pollina or Tony Daniel. But when Cheung took over, I certainly had a good time.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-29-2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

There is a reliable formula that can be used to settle this question. The quality of the book is irrelevant.

Add up all pages with Tabby, subtract all pages with Cable, divide by Liefeld.

Whatever run comes out with the highest total is the winner. Thank you, 90's!

My favorite version is the 90's specifically the Nicieza/Capullo run.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I know 90s/2000s X-Force had better art than that.

Also Remender's X-Force is still my favourite. I remember going in like "Oh God No. Not f**king Deadpool" but Remender made him work.
    Exactly. I was thinking: "Why would Deadpool join X-Force. Is he still hung up on Theresa?"