View Poll Results: Which X-Force Is The Best?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liefeld

42 22.34%
  • KYost

61 32.45%
  • Remender

63 33.51%
  • Humphries

4 2.13%
  • Hopeless

4 2.13%
  • Spurrier

14 7.45%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Humphries got some stuff right.
    I was a fan of the art for that first arc.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Kyle Yost was the best for me. It was pretty much everything I wanted in an XForce book.

Astonishing Member

I think for me it's a toss up between the Clayton Crain lineup of Warparth,Angel,Domino,X23,Vanisher,Wolverine in around 2008 to 2009 that battled Selene and Bastion and the 2010 team of Wolverine,Psyloche,Angel,Deadpool and Fantomex that began in 2010 with Jerome Opena and Dean White.The former had a better story,the latter had better art. I still feel like this X force is not complete.Domino,Logan,Quentin are the only field operatives with Sage and Beast always on Krakoa.Im sure they'll add Colossus(but something is off about him) I would have preferred they recruit Mercury ,I always saw her abilities as a living weapon tailor made for Xforce.With Krakoan gates ,teleporters not really needed but a speedster like Quicksilver/Surge wouldn't hurt. Maybe this is leftfield but Shinobi Shaw's power set also screams Xforce to me.So my team in this Krakoan nation would be Wolverine,Domino,Kid Omega,Mercury, Quicksilver/Surge(one not both) and Shinobi Shaw
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-18-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

No contest: Liefeld's X-Force is the best.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    No contest: Liefeld's X-Force is the best.

Mercy, please! I find those legs physically painful to look at. Anatomy, it’s not an optional extra.

BANNED

I have seen those pages from X-Men Sketchbook but they weren't appealing to me as Leinil Yu's.

Milligan and Allred.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Milligan and Allred.
    That book should have started with X-Statix on the first place. That run was a satirical version of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    That book should have started with X-Statix on the first place. That run was a satirical version of X-Force.
    Oh yeah? Remind me how many members of Liefeld’s totally serious and non-self-parodying X-Force died in the first issue.

BANNED

Oh yeah? Remind me how many members of Liefeld’s totally serious and non-self-parodying X-Force died in the first issue.
    None. But does it need it for some self-pitying and shock provoking experience in the first issue for X-Force? lol X-Force was already popular against the likes of Spidey or X-Men therefore they don't need it anyway to prove how good they are
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-18-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Milligan and Allred.
    Not only it's the best X-Force run but it's also the best X-Men spinoff of all time The X-Cellent can't come soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Not only it's the best X-Force run but it's also the best X-Men spinoff of all time The X-Cellent can't come soon enough!
    Eiffel Tower!

BANNED

Milligan and Allred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    By the time I finished that run I was fluent in DoopSpeak.

Eiffel Tower!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    By the time I finished that run I was fluent in DoopSpeak.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    This one ^ ^

Poll is missing some runs.

I forgot these guys became X-Force for a time. I think I preferred them as X-Statix. That should be Niceza w/ Rob in the poll since he was the co-writer before completely taking over and rather quickly.

Its a toss up between Fabiens and Johns (as in Francis Moore). Perhaps the latter a bit more. Loved the road-tripping and the art. The art! Adam Pollina was a feast for the eyes.

I stopped reading the X-Books in 2006 so the bottom paragraph is partly to do with whats changed when I left.

I haven't read all K/Y or Remender yet, just a handful. But reading about the whole approach, poor ultra-violent saviors , ultra - killers "having" to kill because the others can't is a bit of a turn-off. Especially when they are seen as enjoying it. That's just so pathetic to me. I was so used to reading books like Punisher where he doesn't whine. Its all just so narcissistic. That may sound harsh... I dunno... From the little bit I actually read Remender is a good writer subtracting that. His dialogue is good and so are his beats and the story appeared interesting. Kyle/ Yost uhhh probably won't go near it because of one particular part that scared me away, lol, just... no. I only have a couple of those issues.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-18-2020 at 06:45 PM.