View Poll Results: Which X-Force Is The Best?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liefeld

    42 22.46%
  • KYost

    61 32.62%
  • Remender

    63 33.69%
  • Humphries

    4 2.14%
  • Hopeless

    4 2.14%
  • Spurrier

    13 6.95%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 138
  1. #91
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Girl nope. Beast and Colossus and Kid Omega? Please. OG was the best because it was given room to breath and mature and have Syrin and Risque and Adam Pollina. Kyost only saving grace was Vanisher and Domino bringing some levity. Remender was hot garbage through and through.
    OG X-Force only got good when Nicieza took over.

  2. #92
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    I really need an Omnibus of the JFM/Pollina run.




  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    OG X-Force only got good when Nicieza took over.
    Liefield's art is terrible but his concepts were fresh during those times. After all, he introduced X-Force during New Mutants then Nicieza came in.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  4. #94
    Spectacular Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Liefield's art is terrible but his concepts were fresh during those times. After all, he introduced X-Force during New Mutants then Nicieza came in.
    I always thought that if Liefeld had a stronger editor there was definitely more could be done with some of his stuff. You cannot dispute his energy back in those early days.

  5. #95
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Humphries X-force was the ABSOLUTE worst!
    Best part of Humphries run?

    NO ONE REFERENCES IT! Like at All!

    Well some in the LGBTQ community seem to think Psylocke is gay now. /shrug
    She had sex with her boyfriend in a female body. Why? Humphries sucks. He also tried to retcon her history into her gaining her powers at 16, and her brother Being Captain Britain while she was a kid. She even had a damn poster on her wall of him in costume...GTFOH!
    Storm was incompetent, Bishop was ... I don't know WTF he was.
    Spiral was an Intergalactic Ninja? Instead of a badass Sorcery using Swordswoman from another dimension.
    Puck was about right, Lol.
    Based.

    Even if Spurrier's run was good, the weird cover art and the distaste of the Humphries/Hopeless duology made me stay away.
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    I always thought that if Liefeld had a stronger editor there was definitely more could be done with some of his stuff. You cannot dispute his energy back in those early days.
    Yeah, he and some other great creators like Lee left for creator-owned comics(Image) then and thereafter. I am not sure he wanted to continue.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  7. #97
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Humphries X-Force had Puck so it wasn’t all bad.

  8. #98
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Humphries X-Force had Puck so it wasn’t all bad.
    I enjoyed it. Nowhere near my favorite in terms of plots but I like how everyone sounded especially my girl Betts.


    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  9. #99
    Incredible Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Humphries had a killer lineup, no question. can't say anything for the quality of the stories though

  10. #100
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Humphries had a killer lineup, no question. can't say anything for the quality of the stories though
    Truth. We got Bishop back during the silliness.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Humphries had a killer lineup, no question. can't say anything for the quality of the stories though
    That thought may be true for an X-Men lineup but not X-Force.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  12. #102
    Incredible Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    That thought may be true for an X-Men lineup but not X-Force.
    badass and skewing to the morally questionable side, basically all I expect from anything that deigns to call itself x-force. I can't see them selling on an x-men book, aside from some pull from storm and Betsy...then again I guess they didn't exactly sell as X-force either lol

  13. #103
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,525

    Default

    Only the Stryfe x-over at the end was good.
    Hopeless had Piotr x Domino too.
    "Cable was right!"

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    badass and skewing to the morally questionable side, basically all I expect from anything that deigns to call itself x-force. I can't see them selling on an x-men book, aside from some pull from storm and Betsy...then again I guess they didn't exactly sell as X-force either lol
    If you are trying to say that Morally and Questionable characters don't make a team book badass then I guess you are right. But those characters can be well written for a good read. Humphries didn't know either of them.
    X-Force was the most badass team book when Kyle/Yost took over but "Not Forgotten" was the weakest arc IMO.

    Remender's UXF wasn't that much badass but Remender's narrative over characters' morality for "Killing/No Killing" made it emotional and interesting X-Force in its own right.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-18-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    Keep Your Society. Take It With You To The Grave.

  15. #105
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,331

    Default

    Humphries got some stuff right.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •