View Poll Results: Which X-Force Is The Best?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liefeld

42 22.34%
  • KYost

61 32.45%
  • Remender

63 33.51%
  • Humphries

4 2.13%
  • Hopeless

4 2.13%
  • Spurrier

14 7.45%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

God, if they had just paired Spurrier with a big name artist for that run it could've been magic. Such a smart, cleverly written book. Killed by terrible art. Except for the Molina issues.

Mighty Member

Hands down Remender! The Dark Angel Saga was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Hands down Remender! The Dark Angel Saga was epic.
    People say it died down after that... Personally, I don't think there was a single bad arc.

I hated the Otherworld arc. The rest after that were okay. The Dark Angel Saga was the pinnacle of that run. For sure. It was fantastic. Jerome Opena on art duties certainly helped.

Otherworld was... different. But I think everyone was aware of that. Especially when you take on someone like Greg Tocchini as the artist (who's work on LOW is amazing). It's a drastic change up in style from the rest of the run.

BANNED

Love the Otherworld arc personally. But I think it got hurt by the artist, who I love normally, but for that story they should have gotten a heavy hitter.

BANNED

I liked the Otherworld arc too but I'm biased because Betsy is one of my favs so I love anything that delves into her origin/background.

Spurrier. Even with Rock-He Kim's wobbly grasp of anatomy and crosshatch fetish, it's the one that does the most with the concept of a mutant paramilitary team, chiefly by showing all the nasty ways it erodes the people involved. Also, the only good use of Fantomex in anything ever.

2nd choice would be Roadtrip-and-beyond John Francis Moore era. It's the Young Adult series after New Mutants' kid stories and Liefeld/Nicieza X-Force's teen rebellion. The kids (not exactly the same kids, but close-ish) go from stuck in the mansion because Pops Xavier says so, to rejecting all the rules but immediately turning to Cable's tutelage (because teens are great at knowing what they don't want, but not so good at figuring out what they do), to finally existing on their own without a father figure to show them the way. Tie between Hopeless and KYost for 3rd. Humphries was bleh, and I never made it past 6 issues with Remender.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Imagine Spurrier's run with Jerome Opena. Just. Imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Imagine Spurrier's run with Jerome Opena. Just. Imagine.
    Actually, Opena is largely the reason I couldn't get far with Remender's series. Really, really dislike how that guy draws faces, and his colourist coworkers tend to make things look queasy too.

Would kill for the Spurrier book with Kev Walker, or Henry Flint, or anyone else who does 'ugly' well.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Someday, I'd like to see the NYXF concept utilized. I thought that was a solid idea - and a cool name!

-Pav, who misses District X...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    There's Remender's run, and then there's everything else. I say this having loved the Kyle/Yost run too.
    So true. Remender's run gave x-force the reputation it has today. We wouldn't be getting x-force style books (which the upcoming astonish run seem to continue) without his run.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I have to say Kyle/Yost was my favorite of the bunch. Remender's my #2, even if it dropped pretty hard in quality after the Dark Angel Saga. My third choice is Hopeless, who had a really fun run, albeit a shorter one. After that, I'd go original team (post-Liefeld).

The worst is Humphries, and it's not even close. The real shame of it is that I adored his roster, especially Spiral, but he completely freaking botched it. So much wasted potential.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Having come back to this after reading both Remender and Kyle & Yost,
    they're both outstanding, but the ending to Remender's is just too good for me to pick anything else.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"