Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Thoughts on the JGS

I know this maybe will look like a rant only and maybe it is, but I want to know if other people think the same. I am not going about if they were portrait ineficient in the past or something like that, my main problem is with Wood’s x-men.
    The JGS decided that their mision was to protec the children, to expose them the less posible to the the fights and gave them a diferent future than they have, but in wood x-men the staff killed a person and everybody is ok with that. They supposed to tech with example but they kill a human, didn’t report it to the police, didn’t call any autorithy and they are ok with it. The message they are giving to the children is “you attack one of us, we kill you all”, next they will start hunting the purifiers.
    Storm was able to gave Scott and Logan a lecture for x-force because she had the moral ground, but not any more. Worst in amazing she killed the assasin that was attaking her people in Africa, she didn’t gave the killing blow but let him die and in the preview of her solo she used human shields. That is not the storm I know or want to read (and yes I know that in the 80's storm was more rutlhess, but for the past decade she had the moral gorund).
    I don’t know if because wolvie diying the rest of his side has to become more edgier or something, but I doubt that the story that Wood is telling us is a good story for the gold side. Even if the person that they killed was a robot, assasin or not alive in any form is that they intended to kill him without knowing this and that everybody is ok with this what counts. I think that the gold side has lost his pourpose and starting using their own students to fight invalidates all that they have been preaching until now.

In resume this kind of story is not the apropiate for the gold side.

I like that Wood is using jubilee, hellion and rockslide but I still hate shogo.

p.s: sorry for the bad ortography the ortogrphy tool in my word is not working right now.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Maybe change thread name to "thoughts on JGS Staff"?
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Maybe change thread name to "thoughts on JGS Staff"?
    thanks for the sugestion if a mod is there, can they change it to "thoughts on JGS Staff"?
    Last edited by keeper444; 07-11-2014 at 12:59 PM.

What can I say? Most writers don't know how to diversify.

In TV Tropes they have the 5 man band,

Leader
    Lancer
    Heart
    Big Guy
    the Chick

Each of these, archetypes hold a specific domain in the group/crew. If the Leader is highly moral, the lancer (Usually 2nd in command) is usually morally ambiguous or vice versea.

The current writing culture at marvels X-office is EXTREME. Outlandish personalities, and usually one character "The Star" taking all positions and the other characters are supporting. You might have a Commander contrarian, a character who opposes the stars policy for some reason or another.

Peter David, Kyle & Yost, for the X-books seem to understand how to write a team dynamic, the rest leave me to wonder.

I like Primer and Muertas, but I will be the first to admit the team dynamic is poor, Both Avengers Arena and Young Avengers (I picked up in the bookstore at the same time) had better dynamics the characters gelled or friction was based on personality, and thoes personalities were established.

Nico Minoru is 90% of the time merciful, and seeks to do whats morally right, Chase Stine is ruthless as is very pragmatic but he is not sociopathic.

These characters keep these traits only losing them under extreme duress.

I disagree. I don't recall the JGS X-Men making a commitment not to kill, and I don't think they should make such a commitment (or any of the X-Men really). They have made a commitment to protect the students and school itself, and they should do so by any means necessary.

Storm has been willing to kill, as you mentioned, since the 80's, and the moral ground she has with Scott and Logan with respect to their X-Force squads is that she is not preemptively killing threats to the mutant race. She has killed if her hands were forced, and I think she should (as well as the rest of the X-Men if it's necessary). For me this is nothing new for Storm (and part of the reason I despised the way she was written under Fraction and Gillen, who wrote her like she was still preachy pre-80's Storm).

And I don't know why we would expect the X-Men to call the authorities.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 07-11-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

These authorities?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

I don't like thing that go out from the JGS, like Beast's 05 mess and Wolverines Arrhate, but I am still of the thought that a school was kind of a silly yet necessary thing. Not all mutants should be X-men. Though it does sting to see them do crap like kill and tell kids they'll be part of combat (as shown in the recent X-preview) when they STILL rrrrhate Scott for debating to do the same. Both sides don't want to toss kids in front of sentinels, but want them to be ready for when it inevitably happens. Only one staff hates it and belittles the other while doing it themselves.
    Just imagine if everyone had been on board to the idea of going to reopen that school without the whole Idie-guilt trip that made Wolverine New Charlie. Cyke whines about it, Wolverine tells him to do it anyways, others follow wolverine's side until Cyke does what he did and sends them the blackbird and offers protection, and starts his extinction team anyways. School trips from the Extinction team aren't met with hatred and they all share beer. Schism so bad me cri ;-;
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 07-11-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

I like the New X-Men and want to see them in the books. Wood has done us a favour here in allowing the students to take a more active part. After all that they've lost I think it makes sense for the X-Men to take a harder line against those who attack the school, they're supposed to care about each other, rage is an appropriate response.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I disagree. I don't recall the JGS X-Men making a commitment not to kill, and I don't think they should make such a commitment (or any of the X-Men really). They have made a commitment to protect the students and school itself, and they should do so by any means necessary.

Storm has been willing to kill, as you mentioned, since the 80's, and the moral ground she has with Scott and Logan with respect to their X-Force squads is that she is not preemptively killing threats to the mutant race. She has killed if her hands were forced, and I think she should (as well as the rest of the X-Men if it's necessary). For me this is nothing new for Storm (and part of the reason I despised the way she was written under Fraction and Gillen, who wrote her like she was still preachy pre-80's Storm).

And I don't know why we would expect the X-Men to call the authorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I don't like thing that go out from the JGS, like Beast's 05 mess and Wolverines Arrhate, but I am still of the thought that a school was kind of a silly yet necessary thing. Not all mutants should be X-men. Though it does sting to see them do crap like kill and tell kids they'll be part of combat (as shown in the recent X-preview) when they STILL rrrrhate Scott for debating to do the same. Both sides don't want to toss kids in front of sentinels, but want them to be ready for when it inevitably happens. Only one staff hates it and belittles the other while doing it themselves.
    Just imagine if everyone had been on board to the idea of going to reopen that school without the whole Idie-guilt trip that made Wolverine New Charlie. Cyke whines about it, Wolverine tells him to do it anyways, others follow wolverine's side until Cyke does what he did and sends them the blackbird and offers protection, and starts his extinction team anyways. School trips from the Extinction team aren't met with hatred and they all share beer. Schism so bad me cri ;-;
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    I like the New X-Men and want to see them in the books. Wood has done us a favour here in allowing the students to take a more active part. After all that they've lost I think it makes sense for the X-Men to take a harder line against those who attack the school, they're supposed to care about each other, rage is an appropriate response.
    Thanks for your thoughts, I disagree with some though. I think that there should be more difference between the schools and should be reflected in their policies. The JGS choose to teach pacific coexistence and one of the point is to teach their students that there are lines that can not be crossed.
    An example: a purifier kill a student, his friends become vigilantes and go to kill the purifier. How can a teacher tell them to stop if he/she doesn't has the moral ground?
    The JGS choose thispath and writers should stick with it, there are ways to involve the students without having them to fight is their job to find them and write a story about them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, I disagree with some though. I think that there should be more difference between the schools and should be reflected in their policies. The JGS choose to teach pacific coexistence and one of the point is to teach their students that there are lines that can not be crossed.
    An example: a purifier kill a student, his friends become vigilantes and go to kill the purifier. How can a teacher tell them to stop if he/she doesn't has the moral ground?
    The JGS choose thispath and writers should stick with it, there are ways to involve the students without having them to fight is their job to find them and write a story about them.
    There's a BIG difference between fighting back in self-defense and going vigilante.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There's a BIG difference between fighting back in self-defense and going vigilante.
    That is the point, if I remember right the guy had a bomb, he was killed by storm daughter and after that exploted anyways, then storm gave her speach that she doesn't condone murder but was ok in this situation of gray area so is ok to kill the bad guy when he apears (if I get it right, maybe I am mistaken). I really don't get wood's x-men. My point is that the students shouldn't be involved and they should set the example not killing the bad guy, that should be storm's advice and modus operandi not all the contrary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    That is the point, if I remember right the guy had a bomb, he was killed by storm daughter and after that exploted anyways, then storm gave her speach that she doesn't condone murder but was ok in this situation of gray area so is ok to kill the bad guy when he apears (if I get it right, maybe I am mistaken). I really don't get wood's x-men. My point is that the students shouldn't be involved and they should set the example not killing the bad guy, that should be storm's advice and modus operandi not all the contrary.
    Storm has always been ok with killing when she had to; it haunts her afterward. She should kill if necessary but see it as a last resort.

o

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

So let me ask a question, whats the difference in idology now? The schism happened when Cyclops allowed (allowed, he never forced them) students to defend themselves and their home when it was attacked. This then was enough for Logan to attempt to blow up thier home in order to I don't know, it didn't make sense then and makes less now. As recenty as BoTA (and I apologize for even mentioning it) the JGS gave Cyclops a ration of shit for having students in the field even though it wasn't supposed to have been a fight in the 1st place.

Now I'm not condemning the jgs here I think they did they right thing but it goes back to the hypocrisy and thats getting old. At what point is enough enough.

BS. That's all the difference there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    So let me ask a question, whats the difference in idology now? The schism happened when Cyclops allowed (allowed, he never forced them) students to defend themselves and their home when it was attacked. This then was enough for Logan to attempt to blow up thier home in order to I don't know, it didn't make sense then and makes less now. As recenty as BoTA (and I apologize for even mentioning it) the JGS gave Cyclops a ration of shit for having students in the field even though it wasn't supposed to have been a fight in the 1st place.

Now I'm not condemning the jgs here I think they did they right thing but it goes back to the hypocrisy and thats getting old. At what point is enough enough.
    I think that the difference is cyclops; basically the schism and void between the teams wouldnt be so bad, if this whole thing were between wolverine and emma, or storm and kitty.
    Because, to be sincere, there isnt one thing that isnt 100x worse when cyclops does it.
    (sorry about the double negatives)