Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    You do not understand that there are always two truths. The truth of one group and the truth of the other group. If you're a fan of a group, you will never understand the truth of the other group.
    Pretty sure there's only one truth. Kind of what the word means.

What hypocrisy for you, for others not hypocrisy. Scott leader of the X-Men, it is a far greater responsibility than others. He must be smart, be able to solve problems and understand their team members. And what did he do when Oya problem? Nothing.
    Not nothing, he nudged her towards killing those guys.

What does he do when he has a conflict with Wolverine? He shouts to him about Jean Grey.
    Wolverine and Cyclops can and have shouted at each other for entire issues before either of them feels the need to bring up the old bag.

This is ridiculous. It's not just a problem of children, here the problem of leadership.
    Maybe so, but the problem of the children is what's being discussed here and the problem was not that Cyclops never gave the kids an option other then fighting. None of those children were coerced to be at Mutie Island, half of them could fly or swim away if they felt like it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    You know, you clearly haven’t read what I’ve said and have no idea what my issue with the JGS is. I have zero personal stake in the outcome of a fiction dispute between fictional characters. I like many of the JGS characters but they are being written terribly. That is the problem, that is what I can’t stand. The blatant, unquestionable hypocrisy the writers have to have them regurgitate in order to push the idiotic schism. Keep the teams and schools separate, don’t overlap frequently, let each side do their own thing, I’m ok with all of that just stop the idiotic hypocritical whining from the gold side.
    Er... I disagree. JGS characters do fine in their own books. They are only terrible when Bendis pens them. Since Aaron has left now Bendis is the only one clings to schism, while every other writers decide to move on. Gold side books don't have anything to do with NXS no writers care about writing Cyclops and his team. It's Bendis who keeps bring up schism and other shit making JGS staff foils of Cyclops .

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    Your problems with Magneto I can understand, but Scott hasn't condoned his current actions as of yet.
    While I would ethically lean more towards supporting the JGS, I take no sides, and would read about either side of the Schism: bad storytelling is what I dislike, not either faction of X-Men. I will ask this, to be fair to Cyclops: does he even know what Magneto is doing yet? I mean, if he doesn't, he can't condone or disapprove of it.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Er... I disagree. JGS characters do fine in their own books. They are only terrible when Bendis pens them. Since Aaron has left now Bendis is the only one clings to schism, while every other writers decide to move on. Gold side books don't have anything to do with NXS no writers care about writing Cyclops and his team. It's Bendis who keeps bring up schism and other shit making JGS staff foils of Cyclops .
    Do fine in their own books... WatXM is, and has been atrocious, X-Men is boring and perpetuates all of the problems without addressing them and Amazing, I can’t speak to yet the first arc was everything I would want from a JGS book but since then, can’t say I’m a fan.

As far as Bendis though, just my opinion, but he’s written Storm far better than she’s appeared outside of her solo. Disliking of Scott but rational and mostly reasonable. Wolverine was fine in his All New appearances, outside of threatening to murder Tyke. The only character he writes as truly terrible is Beast, and lets be fair as much as we may not like it its entirely consistent with his previous characterization for the past few years.

The hypocrisy I complain of is hardwired into the schism, a result of its lazy writing. As long as they (Marvel) push the schism that hypocrisy is a problem. The fact that it hasn’t been touched upon for a couple of months has not fixed the problem. Its an improvement, but not a fix.

BANNED

Wolverine was fine in his All New appearances, outside of threatening to murder Tyke.
    Really? I remember that Bendis always ridiculed him.
    This is the reason I quit reading this book.

When the 05 first showed up Wolverine was awful however in the subsequent issues he was actually pretty decent. Well written and largly sympathetic. He wasn't in every issue but when he did show up, he was done well.

His interactions with Tyke when he stole Logans mortocycle and then when he, Kitty and the 05 fought mystique were the best appearances from Logan I'd seen in years. When Cyclops and the Uncanny team showed up recruiting Logan clearly didn't like them but wasn't awful. It lasted this way until BotA when shockingly Aaron started writing him and he became a whiny hypocritical train wreck again.

I need to stress I'm not forever condemning the characters, I'm condemning the writing that has and continues to, in my opinion, damage the characters.

Fantastic Member

Do fine in their own books... WatXM is, and has been atrocious, X-Men is boring and perpetuates all of the problems without addressing them and Amazing, I can’t speak to yet the first arc was everything I would want from a JGS book but since then, can’t say I’m a fan.

As far as Bendis though, just my opinion, but he’s written Storm far better than she’s appeared outside of her solo. Disliking of Scott but rational and mostly reasonable. Wolverine was fine in his All New appearances, outside of threatening to murder Tyke. The only character he writes as truly terrible is Beast, and lets be fair as much as we may not like it its entirely consistent with his previous characterization for the past few years.

The hypocrisy I complain of is hardwired into the schism, a result of its lazy writing. As long as they (Marvel) push the schism that hypocrisy is a problem. The fact that it hasn’t been touched upon for a couple of months has not fixed the problem. Its an improvement, but not a fix.
    Is this for real? You called JGS staff idiotic, hypocrite and terrible-written and yet you think other writers are far worse by Bendis' standard. Me for myself can't point out one writer in X office lamer than Bendis. Bendis is the kind of writer writes characters terrible intentionally in order to pander to fans' obnoxiously negative feelings. I won't call WATXM or amazing or adjectiveless atrocious since at least those characters are developing, stories are coherent and march up at a proper speed. While Bendis....do I still need to complain about the pace? There is any real story or development in Uncanny? Storm as a character is actually doing stuffs in other titles like Amazing X-men or WATXM. In uncanny x-men she only bashes Cyclops (rationally. Ha!) It seems you are judging character depiction by his/her attitude to Cyclops rather than if they are really appropriately handled.

BANNED

His interactions with Tyke when he stole Logans mortocycle and then when he, Kitty and the 05 fought mystique were the best appearances from Logan I'd seen in years. When Cyclops and the Uncanny team showed up recruiting Logan clearly didn't like them but wasn't awful. It lasted this way until BotA when shockingly Aaron started writing him and he became a whiny hypocritical train wreck again.
    Cyclops stole his motorcycle and shot him. Cyclops later stole his jeep, and Jean Grey broke his bike. Cyclops again later shot him (when Logan was talking to an adult Scott). Wolverine in the book Bendis only subject for jokes.
    Last edited by Logan; 08-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Is this for real? You called JGS staff idiotic, hypocrite and terrible-written and yet you think other writers are far worse by Bendis' standard. Me for myself can't point out one writer in X office lamer than Bendis. Bendis is the kind of writer writes characters terrible intentionally in order to pander to fans' obnoxiously negative feelings. I won't call WATXM or amazing or adjectiveless atrocious since at least those characters are developing, stories are coherent and march up at a proper speed. While Bendis....do I still need to complain about the pace? There is any real story or development in Uncanny? Storm as a character is actually doing stuffs in other titles like Amazing X-men or WATXM. In uncanny x-men she only bashes Cyclops (rationally. Ha!) It seems you are judging character depiction by his/her attitude to Cyclops rather than if they are really appropriately handled.
    You are also clearly not reading what I am writing, hell in the example you quoted in bold I listed why I liked his Storm. Lets look again

Disliking of Scott but rational and mostly reasonable.
    Hey lets look at another example of what I said

When the 05 first showed up Wolverine was awful however in the subsequent issues he was actually pretty decent. Well written and largely sympathetic. He wasn't in every issue but when he did show up, he was done well.

When Cyclops and the Uncanny team showed up recruiting Logan clearly didn't like them but wasn't awful.
    Hmmm that seems to say something totally different from your conclusions. Its not their attitudes towards Cyclops but their actions that I see as the problem.

Also lets be clear on another fact this thread is about the Jean Grey School and staff, not the New Xavier School, not Cyclops so I’m not going to spend time here talking about their faults. Bendis’ faults, his pacing and characterization I’ll agree with you right now. I’ve said as much many times before. Know what though, I still find those to be less egregious faults than the whiny hypocrisy or the ridiculous sight gags of the JGS.

Its also interesting that you're trying to refocus the discussion on to Bendis's faults, or criticizing my opinion rather than the deal with the information presented, the blatent, over the top hypocrisy displayed by the Jean Grey School.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 08-24-2014 at 12:12 PM.