Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Got to disagree with your timeline there a bit, Cyclops didn't kill until X-Force (or at least he was mostly against it), there were plenty of X-Men killing before that, not just wolverine. Storm ripped out Marrows heart (she didn't actually kill her but the intent was there). She and Black Panther slaughtered hordes of Skrulls with swords. Collossus Killed Proteus, and snapped Riptides neck during mutant massacre. Psylock has killed a lot of people,. How many Hand ninja’s were slaughtered in the 90’s. Archangel, he’s killed a lot f people even before X-Force.

Now I know what you’re going to say, Ninja’s and Skrulls don’t count. But c’mon that’s not really fair, they may be peon’s but they still count.
    Killing for them meant something, though. There were nearly always consequences. Colossus showed regret at having to kill Proteus, and when he killed Riptide, it was considered a bad sign for how far he had slipped in his outrage at what had happened to the Morlocks.

Storm feels moral responsibility when she kills. Psylocke, being a telepath, likely feels every murder she commits with her psi-knife.

And Archangel's Death persona is shown to be unwell, and eventually went completely evil and had to be killed by Psylocke, another action that deeply hurt her.

Death with consequences, that means something, makes for more mature comics than senseless gorefests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Killing for them meant something, though. There were nearly always consequences. Colossus showed regret at having to kill Proteus, and when he killed Riptide, it was considered a bad sign for how far he had slipped in his outrage at what had happened to the Morlocks.

Storm feels moral responsibility when she kills. Psylocke, being a telepath, likely feels every murder she commits with her psi-knife.

And Archangel's Death persona is shown to be unwell, and eventually went completely evil and had to be killed by Psylocke, another action that deeply hurt her.

Death with consequences, that means something, makes for more mature comics than senseless gorefests.
    you are right, killing must have its consequences, that's my problem with the current ark of wood. Storm daugther killed the bad guy and everybody is ok with it, nobody objected, even the kids says it was ok in the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Got to disagree with your timeline there a bit, Cyclops didn't kill until X-Force (or at least he was mostly against it), there were plenty of X-Men killing before that, not just wolverine. Storm ripped out Marrows heart (she didn't actually kill her but the intent was there). She and Black Panther slaughtered hordes of Skrulls with swords. Collossus Killed Proteus, and snapped Riptides neck during mutant massacre. Psylock has killed a lot of people,. How many Hand ninja’s were slaughtered in the 90’s. Archangel, he’s killed a lot f people even before X-Force.

Now I know what you’re going to say, Ninja’s and Skrulls don’t count. But c’mon that’s not really fair, they may be peon’s but they still count.
    My problem isn't that the X-Men have killed, but like Ingonyama so eloquently pointed out, there was a time when killing had real meaning. When a hero killed someone you weren't cheering or thinking it was edgy - you were disappointed and sorry to see what they had resorted to.

Take Gambit - There was a time when you got the sense he was a man atoning for a terrible sin - he was a man trying to turn his life around. Lately, I no longer see that. You don't just one day stop caring that you're actions directly or indirectly led to the deaths of a few hundred people. That crap should haunt a person.

There has to be consequences and then atonement for killing someone. I want to know the hero understands he/she has crossed a line. Just killing the villain is mostly taking the easy way out.

I have to agree with keeper444, Storm let's the girl off far to easy. It's like Woods counted the number of pages he had for the plot and decided he didn't have the space for Storm to contemplate how her daughter got to a place where she thinks killing is OK.

What does Kymera's relax attitude say about the good future X-Men?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-11-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Meh, we all know they'll make hilariously transparent excuses for using the kiddies as the school's Last Line of Defense™.

JGS is a good idea but was met with a horrible execution and unfortunately become a joke when Wolverine operated a killing squad out of the halls.

NXS>JGS

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    JGS is a good idea but was met with a horrible execution and unfortunately become a joke when Wolverine operated a killing squad out of the halls.
    Not even a full week worth of canon, as per WatXM #4. Gotta love it.

BANNED

To me though, other than being the first female X-man, Jean had not done anything to have a school named after her. Granted, she was Wolverine's obsession but how many kids would know who she is? A school is needed, a school run by Wolverine or whomever (especially if they really do the Peter Parker, rotating headmaster thing) is truly a bad idea (IMO). It is time to do something different with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Not even a full week worth of canon, as per WatXM #4. Gotta love it.
    Oh come on! I read Vol 1 and felt it was nice that Xavier gave his support.

And low and behold: KILL SQUAD! And according to you and maybe the pgs, Logan didn't even last a week before the urge came back.

That's...that's just sad man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    My problem isn't that the X-Men have killed, but like Ingonyama so eloquently pointed out, there was a time when killing had real meaning. When a hero killed someone you weren't cheering or thinking it was edgy - you were disappointed and sorry to see what they had resorted to.

Take Gambit - There was a time when you got the sense he was a man atoning for a terrible sin - he was a man trying to turn his life around. Lately, I no longer see that. You don't just one day stop caring that you're actions directly or indirectly led to the deaths of a few hundred people. That crap should haunt a person.

There has to be consequences and then atonement for killing someone. I want to know the hero understands he/she has crossed a line. Just killing the villain is mostly taking the easy way out.

I have to agree with keeper444, Storm let's the girl off far to easy. It's like Woods counted the number of pages he had for the plot and decided he didn't have the space for Storm to contemplate how her daughter got to a place where she thinks killing is OK.

What does Kymera's relax attitude say about the good future X-Men?
    Well put. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    To me though, other than being the first female X-man, Jean had not done anything to have a school named after her. Granted, she was Wolverine's obsession but how many kids would know who she is? A school is needed, a school run by Wolverine or whomever (especially if they really do the Peter Parker, rotating headmaster thing) is truly a bad idea (IMO). It is time to do something different with it.
    I honestly don't care who gets named. Though I still find it creepy he didn't name it after someone he truly loved, read not obsessed over because of reasons.

Yuriko or Rose anyone?

Oh come on! I read Vol 1 and felt it was nice that Xavier gave his support.

And low and behold: KILL SQUAD! And according to you and maybe the pgs, Logan didn't even last a week before the urge came back.

That's...that's just sad man.
    The urge never went away.

These are the first two pages of WatXM #4. No edit whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The urge never went away.

These are the first two pages of WatXM #4. No edit whatsoever.

Screw you JGS. Seriously. Screw you guys.

And Kitty, still waiting to hear you tell Cyke that one of his oldest friends is dead and is now an amnesiac angel/thingie because of Logan's kill squad. Eveyrday you say nothing is just making it worse.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

BS. That's all the difference there is.
    I agree it has felt like BS ever since Wolverine stabbed Rachel in the back for trying to kill Selene who has to eat people to live and then choosing to kill the Black Queen himself years later.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I agree it has felt like BS ever since Wolverine stabbed Rachel in the back for trying to kill Selene who has to eat people to live and then choosing to kill the Black Queen himself years later.
    He actually told Selene he was wrong to stop Rachel. He never told Rachel!