Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    That's not a bad way to sugarcoat it. This image alone sums up my view

-Vice Principal thinks its a hot idea to bring the original 5 X-Men to the present to prevent a "genocide."
    -Headmaster thinks killing a 16 year old boy will make Charles Xavier magically appear
    -Kitty Pryde doesn't do jack crap to protect her students
    -I stopped reading X-Men so I can't comment on Storm

The Three Stooges could have done a better job running this place. I feel bad for the fans (most of them) of the characters that got placed on this Gold Team.

The Blue Team still continues to clean up the mess they made:

As much as you want push the "cleaning up mess" angle Sooo much keep in mind since you love to keep things out the JGS tried to do just that. Clean up their mess and Scott fought against it. Going forward on this shit story neither side is on good footing since the right thing to do was now looked upon as the wrong thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    That's why they look like such huge hypocrites to some people.
    I think only for fans of the Cyclops)

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    I certanly hope not, I am a fan of Cyclops thats true but I'm also a fan of other characters. Beast for example, used to be one of my favorite characters. However they way he, and the rest of the JGS have been written, aggrivate the hell out of me. Call it a pet peeve or whatever but I hate hypocrisy and sadly its been the JGS defining characteristic. They go around blaming everything on Cyclops, rather than just being awesome on their own merit.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    As much as you want push the "cleaning up mess" angle Sooo much keep in mind since you love to keep things out the JGS tried to do just that. Clean up their mess and Scott fought against it. Going forward on this shit story neither side is on good footing since the right thing to do was now looked upon as the wrong thing.
    Scott fought against it? He only got involved once the JGS messed up SO bad the UXM had to intervene. And if they REALLy wanted to fix the mess, they'd have sent them back the moment they stepped foot. But Wolverine thanked Beast he did it (In his head), Beast deicided not to do anything, Kitty decided to tutor them and lend Jeen her room, and Storm even told Jean she was the leader of the ANXM. All so that when it went south, they could close their ears and shout "LALALA, Scott's fault, how dare you take them away from us, we were "Trying" to send them back LALALA". Then again saying Scott took them is wrong, since it was Kitty who left the JGS (ALONE) on her accord. The 05 saw that and decided to go with her (not because of her), all shown in BOTA.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 07-15-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    And people not completely blind to the actions of their favorite character.

Of course, for the sake of discussion, you can show us how wolverine isn't a hypocrite, Logan.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 07-15-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

i like the JGS but beast bring the 05 X men and cyclops crap just made me not like the NXS much either. It's like BOTA showed how stupid each of them were it was so bad that magik was the logically one hell just use her to send the 05 home, but alas plot reason i guess. It is still a cool place and i still like the characters, but dang how it was created just made me cringe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I certanly hope not, I am a fan of Cyclops thats true but I'm also a fan of other characters. Beast for example, used to be one of my favorite characters. However they way he, and the rest of the JGS have been written, aggrivate the hell out of me. Call it a pet peeve or whatever but I hate hypocrisy and sadly its been the JGS defining characteristic. They go around blaming everything on Cyclops, rather than just being awesome on their own merit.

Again with the hypocrisy thing. It's not like the NXS aren't hypocrites either. You are just ok with them being hypocrites while holding the JGS to a higher standard. That makes no sense.

o

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doctormistermaster View Post
    You should really be join the X-Office editorial team because that off site concept needs to be implemented.
    I said in another thread that it would make more sense to move the real school to Genosha and just use the JGS as the public front with Pixie teleporting people back and forth as needed. That way you could have Forge, Nemesis, and Jeffries go about making the island secure and setting up major defenses that they would not be able to at the mansion. With their brain power they could cloak the whole thing or set up force fields. Plus that would give them a whole island to train on and really learn to use their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Again with the hypocrisy thing. It's not like the NXS aren't hypocrites either. You are just ok with them being hypocrites while holding the JGS to a higher standard. That makes no sense.

o
    You are not a hypocrite if you dont spending all your whining about what others do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You are not a hypocrite if you dont spending all your whining about what others do.
    They are hypocrites when they do the same things they other side does and then don't complain about it. Integrity means doing the opposite.

o

o
    How are the NXS hypocrites? Because they bash the JGS and staff every time they get brought up? Oh wait, no they don't. They praise it. Complaining, bitching and moaning about the methods the JGS and staff use while doing the exact same thing? Oh wait, no they don't. Blame random problems that show up, because of their own actions, on the JGS and staff? Oh wait, no they don't. Traumatize five innocents and potentially maim all of reality because they were butt-hurt? Oh wait, no they don't. Whine, bitch, moan and complain about how evil their opposites are for taking students into battle (something the JGS has done significantly more often than even Utopia era Cyclops has by the way)? Oh wait, nope they haven’t done that either. Unapologetically run or tolerate the running of a black ops team after accusing the leader of the opposing faction of going to far for running a black ops team? Oh wait, nope another one they haven’t done. Pretending to have moral authority after having committed atrocities in the name of the greater good? Nope, haven’t done that one either. Condemn another X-Man who killed while their mind was compromised? Nope, the NXS staff went to bat on numerous occasions for Wolverine under those circumstances among others. Hell the JGS has been doubly hypocritical on that score because on the one hand while they condemn Cyclops, they hand waved the actions of Iceman, who instituted a global ice age, attempted to murder all of his Ex’s as well as his father, done after AvX too.

I mean seriously? What have you been reading? Wolverine was prepared to blow up Utopia rather than let students defend their home, yet all too recently the students were mobilized, by the JGS staff, to fight in a last ditch effort to defend the JGS. It’s a textbook example of hypocrisy and totally indefensible.

I'm not saying the NXS and its staff do everything perfectly, far from it. I’m not saying the NXS staff are above reproach and criticism, I mean c’mon, Cyclops, Magik, Frost and Magneto? However, hypocrisy? Nope, sorry you can't back that one up. I'm also not holding the JGS to a higher standard, if the NXS was behaving the way the JGS staff were I'd have dropped them too. I seriously despise hypocrisy and was a big fan of several of the staff of the JGS before they became whiny hypocritical douchbags, Beast most prominently.

I seriously have to question, do you even know what hypocrisy is, because if you did you couldn't accuse the NXS staff of it. There are many things that you could, but not that.

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. Cyclops and the NXS haven't been going around criticizing the JGS... at all. The closest they came was in deducing who brought the 05 to the present... and they were right, and after figuring out that the sentinel maker was using cerebro tech, something known to only a small handful of people. Even then, Cyclops was willing to trust the JGS, he offered to stay out and let Storm check, and he would take her word for it if Beasts lab was clear.

They are hypocrites when they do the same things they other side does and then don't complain about it. Integrity means doing the opposite.

o
    Ummmm what? Thats why they are not hypocrites. They aren't condemning the JGS at all, even for the things that they should. If you are going to make an accusation you really need to understand what you're accusing them of.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 08-23-2014 at 03:36 PM.

BANNED

Wait they are hypocrites when they one complain about Beast breaking the timeline and when given the opportunity to fix it they compound the issue by doing nothing. If you have the solution right there and complain about Beast not fixing it when you don't that makes them hypocrites. What makes them hypocrites is running a death squad out of the school and then lying about it which Logan didn't do. Did Logan involve kids on his little deathsquad while running it adjacent from the school? Nope. Scott did though. Scott becomes hypocritical about having a murderous vigilante on his team and letting him operate out of his school when Logan did the same. That vigilante is Magneto who is killing threats to mutants and anyone he feels like as he sees fit. You really can't complain about Logan's death squad when Scott has one in Magneto and soon his allies. You also don't get to complain about Logan putting the kids in danger and defending the school when Scott didn't have the kids run when the New brotherhood attacked. It is the same thing.

I agree with you about them hypocrites thing when it comes to putting the kids in danger. Wood did a good job of keeping them out of harms way except when he didn't. Your definition of hypocrisy is very limited. If you think saying one thing and doing another defines hypocrisy you would be mistaken. It's also actions matching up with words and neither side is good at keeping that straight. The NXS can't stop complaining about Beast but that's ok when anyone offer any criticism about Scott. Nope, can't do that even though he is literally doing more to destroy the dream by being Logan and Mags lite than Logan is by running the school. By refusing to face justice, for jettisoning his morals and living in the facility that made wolverine he is a hypocrite. That's like Zionism finding a home in Auschwitz.

o

BANNED

it looks like the school, it tastes like the school but it doesnt feel like the school.
    I'll support the JGS more, once Bendis stops writing Storm, Iceman and Beast like whiny little hypocrite bitches with giant chips on their shoulders.

& don't even get me started on Wolverine, this isn't the Wolverine I grew up with, it's someone completely different and I DON'T LIKE IT~~~~~~~

no wonder bishop, havok, polaris, cannonball and gambit don't go there anymore!!~
    Last edited by Flight; 08-23-2014 at 06:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    How are the NXS hypocrites? Because they bash the JGS and staff every time they get brought up? Oh wait, no they don't. They praise it. Complaining, bitching and moaning about the methods the JGS and staff use while doing the exact same thing? Oh wait, no they don't. Blame random problems that show up, because of their own actions, on the JGS and staff? Oh wait, no they don't. Traumatize five innocents and potentially maim all of reality because they were butt-hurt? Oh wait, no they don't. Whine, bitch, moan and complain about how evil their opposites are for taking students into battle (something the JGS has done significantly more often than even Utopia era Cyclops has by the way)? Oh wait, nope they haven’t done that either. Unapologetically run or tolerate the running of a black ops team after accusing the leader of the opposing faction of going to far for running a black ops team? Oh wait, nope another one they haven’t done. Pretending to have moral authority after having committed atrocities in the name of the greater good? Nope, haven’t done that one either. Condemn another X-Man who killed while their mind was compromised? Nope, the NXS staff went to bat on numerous occasions for Wolverine under those circumstances among others. Hell the JGS has been doubly hypocritical on that score because on the one hand while they condemn Cyclops, they hand waved the actions of Iceman, who instituted a global ice age, attempted to murder all of his Ex’s as well as his father, done after AvX too.

I mean seriously? What have you been reading? Wolverine was prepared to blow up Utopia rather than let students defend their home, yet all too recently the students were mobilized, by the JGS staff, to fight in a last ditch effort to defend the JGS. It’s a textbook example of hypocrisy and totally indefensible.

I'm not saying the NXS and its staff do everything perfectly, far from it. I’m not saying the NXS staff are above reproach and criticism, I mean c’mon, Cyclops, Magik, Frost and Magneto? However, hypocrisy? Nope, sorry you can't back that one up. I'm also not holding the JGS to a higher standard, if the NXS was behaving the way the JGS staff were I'd have dropped them too. I seriously despise hypocrisy and was a big fan of several of the staff of the JGS before they became whiny hypocritical douchbags, Beast most prominently.

I seriously have to question, do you even know what hypocrisy is, because if you did you couldn't accuse the NXS staff of it. There are many things that you could, but not that.

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. Cyclops and the NXS haven't been going around criticizing the JGS... at all. The closest they came was in deducing who brought the 05 to the present... and they were right, and after figuring out that the sentinel maker was using cerebro tech, something known to only a small handful of people. Even then, Cyclops was willing to trust the JGS, he offered to stay out and let Storm check, and he would take her word for it if Beasts lab was clear.

Ummmm what? Thats why they are not hypocrites. They aren't condemning the JGS at all, even for the things that they should. If you are going to make an accusation you really need to understand what you're accusing them of.
    While you may go hoarse yelling into the wind and telling it to quit blowing, your points are 100% on target.

Wait they are hypocrites when they one complain about Beast breaking the timeline and when given the opportunity to fix it they compound the issue by doing nothing. If you have the solution right there and complain about Beast not fixing it when you don't that makes them hypocrites.
    They didn’t complain about it… at all. They acknowledged it was dangerous and said that they should return but never said anything about it to Beast or the JGS. So no, that example fails.

What makes them hypocrites is running a death squad out of the school and then lying about it which Logan didn't do. Did Logan involve kids on his little deathsquad while running it adjacent from the school? Nope. Scott did though. Scott becomes hypocritical about having a murderous vigilante on his team and letting him operate out of his school when Logan did the same. That vigilante is Magneto who is killing threats to mutants and anyone he feels like as he sees fit.
    Cyclops didn’t complain about it, Beast and Storm did (honestly can’t remember about the others) It was one of the major reasons he threw a hissy fit and walked out of Utopia and then when informed by Wolverine that he was running one out of the JGS Beast’s reaction was “I don’t like it but… Oh well, I’m not surprised.” So no, that example fails.

You really can't complain about Logan's death squad when Scott has one in Magneto and soon his allies. You also don't get to complain about Logan putting the kids in danger and defending the school when Scott didn't have the kids run when the New brotherhood attacked. It is the same thing.
    Couple of problems here, 1st so far Cyclops hasn’t been made aware of what Magneto is doing while solo. In fact he and the NXS have been in the dark. 2nd He hasn’t complained about having a killer or team of killers since the start of Utopia. So again, no, that example fails.

I agree with you about them hypocrites thing when it comes to putting the kids in danger. Wood did a good job of keeping them out of harms way except when he didn't.
    Keep in mind I don’t have a problem with the fictional X-Men having kids do things in comics, it’s a staple of the industry in general and of the X-Men in particular. But running around pretending and posturing “FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!” as Wolverine and Storm have been doing is massivly hypocritical.

Your definition of hypocrisy is very limited. If you think saying one thing and doing another defines hypocrisy you would be mistaken. It's also actions matching up with words and neither side is good at keeping that straight.
    Incorrect its not my definition, it’s the definition.
    hyp•o•crite noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
    : a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs
    Full Definition of HYPOCRITE
    1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
    hypocrisy
    Syllabification: hy•poc•ri•sy
    Pronunciation: /həˈpäkrəsē /
    NOUN (plural hypocrisies)
    The practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform; pretense.

The NXS staff in general, and Cyclops in particular have not done this. They have not pretended to believe one thing and acted in a way that disagrees with their stated beliefs.

The NXS can't stop complaining about Beast but that's ok when anyone offer any criticism about Scott.
    Hmmm… no, not quite true, the NXS haven’t started complaining about Beast. In fact the only ones who have said anything about him are the 05 in All New, on account of, you know, the fact that he was a lying douchebag to get them there, and Utau on account of Beast actually being monumentally more of a lying douchebag than anyone has actually said. Cyclops… hasn’t once complained about him at all… ever. Even when he had cause to. So again, no, that example fails.

The two instances that come the closest was when he was recruiting at the JGS, and failed to condemn Beast and when he was tracking who was using Cerebro tech to build sentinels and even then it was simply that Beast has proven unpredictable and was one of only a very small handful of people capable of using the tech. Process of elimination hardly a crusade of vilification, far different from Beast himself and the JGS. Hell in that instance Cyclops showed far more trust that was merited by offering to let Storm look and to accept her word on what she found.

Nope, can't do that even though he is literally doing more to destroy the dream by being Logan and Mags lite than Logan is by running the school. By refusing to face justice, for jettisoning his morals and living in the facility that made wolverine he is a hypocrite. That's like Zionism finding a home in Auschwitz.

o
    Wow, hyperbole much? You just godwinned yourself. Also, you’re again wrong. Cyclops and the NXS current stance and methods, flawed though they may be have been shown to be generating positive results. Cyclops is a popular figure in the Marvel Earth, not with everybody sure but with many, with ordinary non-powered citizens. As to the rest of your statement. Rather than refute (and start yet another pointless, endless AvX argument) I’m going to point out that those are not hypocritical because he isn’t pretending, or preaching otherwise. The moment Cyclops preaches to anyone at the JGS that having killers on the team is wrong then feel free to make the accusation but until then you are just wrong. You have so far failed to show even a single instance of the NXS being hypocritical. There are other flaws that they are guilty of. Ones that you can call them on but hypocrisy is not one of them.

You seem to be under the delusion that because they do similar things that makes Cyclops and the NXS hypocritical. That is not so, because they are not pretending or preaching that such things are wrong while doing them. The fact that you acknowledge that the JGS is operating like the NXS and that they are whining, preaching and posturing only proves that they are a bunch of hypocrites and thus my problem with them.