Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking NEW Kingdom Hearts III Trailer at D23 2017!

The Hype Is Here for the NEW Kingdom Hearts III Trailer that Just Premiered at D23 2017!

The Toy Story Cast Speaking Japanese is BEYOND AWESOME and one of the Coolest Things I have Ever Seen!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Can't wait for the game. Dang, didn't think it would take 12 years to get to part 3. The upside is Disney now has rights for Lucasfilm and Marvel. Will Sora team up with Luke Skywalker on one world and the Hulk on the next? Good possibilities.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I was excited before but now my excitement has gone through the roof, the atmosphere, and into the space. Love the action figure versions of Sora, Donald, and Goofy, the ability to have a 5 man party, and "The Claw" reference with the new keyblade transformation! Best of all we know when its coming out!

Storywise its not as interesting to me because its more of a generic shonen now but seeing Sora hang out with Buzz and Woody was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Storywise its not as interesting to me because its more of a generic shonen now but seeing Sora hang out with Buzz and Woody was fun.
    I think what has really hurt the franchise is it's convoluted storyline. By the time I got to the second game it seemed like the narrative assumed you already played whatever game was released on Game Boy or whatever. And I hadn't, so I was really confused when the cutscenes were going on early. I get the feeling the deal might be same for KH 3.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

To someone new to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, how would you describe the difference between Heartless and Nobodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    To someone new to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, how would you describe the difference between Heartless and Nobodies?
    Heartless are beings made out of the darkness that act like a mindless horde, devouring anything in their path. They destroy other being to take their hearts to replace their own but it will never be enough.

Nobodies are mindless drones made out of the left behind bodies of heartless. They feel incomplete without a heart of their own and they try to fake having emotions by acting based off memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I think what has really hurt the franchise is it's convoluted storyline. By the time I got to the second game it seemed like the narrative assumed you already played whatever game was released on Game Boy or whatever. And I hadn't, so I was really confused when the cutscenes were going on early. I get the feeling the deal might be same for KH 3.
    They did release all those hd remixes so its easier to get caught up than before but i see what your saying. All the different consoles does make things pricey and you start feel like you miss something. If it was more standalone like persona it wouldn't be as problematic but people would still want to know what happened.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-18-2017 at 10:33 AM.

To add on to what the illustrious mr. kenway said, everyone who loses their heart becomes a heartless while only a strong willed person becomes a Nobody, so the Heartless have greater numbers and are usually weaker than Nobodies.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I feel like this and Assassin's Creed are the two franchises I'm always thinking of trying out but think there's so many ruddy games in the series now I'll never catch up. Also I am not an expert in Final Fantasy, outside maybe elements of 7,8, 10 and 13 (though that's more from watching Spoony's bemusing reviews of them).

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Heartless are beings made out of the darkness that act like a mindless horde, devouring anything in their path. They destroy other being to take their hearts to replace their own but it will never be enough.

Nobodies are mindless drones made out of the left behind bodies of heartless. They feel incomplete without a heart of their own and they try to fake having emotions by acting based off memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    To add on to what the illustrious mr. kenway said, everyone who loses their heart becomes a heartless while only a strong willed person becomes a Nobody, so the Heartless have greater numbers and are usually weaker than Nobodies.
    Thank you for taking your time explaining; I really, really, appreciate it.

Okay (takes a deep breath): So a person without a heart becomes a Heartless, while heart without a body becomes a Nobody?

I know, I know, I sound like an idiot. I don't know why I can't grasp the concept between the two.

Thank you all again.

Okay (takes a deep breath): So a person without a heart becomes a Heartless, while heart without a body becomes a Nobody?

I know, I know, I sound like an idiot. I don't know why I can't grasp the concept between the two.

Thank you all again.
    Every Kingdom Hearts fan at one point didn't know what a Heartless or Nobody was or understood every KH concept so don't worry, you don't sound like a dummy. When a person loses their heart their personal darkness is turned into a Heartless. Strong willed people, when turned into a heartless, will leave their body behind which transforms into a Nobody, stronger willed people will retain their physical appearance before they lost their heart.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Nobodies are still born from a body without a heart, as well as lingering remnants of that person's soul if they were strong willed. That's why not every body creates a nobody. The nobody literally uses the body of the person who lost the heart to take form, while the soul gives it life. People who are particularly strong willed keep their human form and are the ones strong enough to take a seat in Organization XIII.

Heartless are a bit more complicated to explain. The easiest way to explain them is to say that they are a manifestation of the darkness inside a heart. They increased in number dramatically because of the experiment Xehanort conducted, which long story short led to a situation where Hearts stolen by Heartless would themselves manifest as new Heartless, provided there was even a little darkness in it, so they spread like a zombie plague. But they manifest more like a spirit, whereas the empty body left behind might become a nobody if remnants of the soul are left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Every Kingdom Hearts fan at one point didn't know what a Heartless or Nobody was or understood every KH concept so don't worry, you don't sound like a dummy. When a person loses their heart their personal darkness is turned into a Heartless. Strong willed people, when turned into a heartless, will leave their body behind which transforms into a Nobody, stronger willed people will retain their physical appearance before they lost their heart.
    Thank you for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Nobodies are still born from a body without a heart, as well as lingering remnants of that person's soul if they were strong willed. That's why not every body creates a nobody. The nobody literally uses the body of the person who lost the heart to take form, while the soul gives it life. People who are particularly strong willed keep their human form and are the ones strong enough to take a seat in Organization XIII.

Heartless are a bit more complicated to explain. The easiest way to explain them is to say that they are a manifestation of the darkness inside a heart. They increased in number dramatically because of the experiment Xehanort conducted, which long story short led to a situation where Hearts stolen by Heartless would themselves manifest as new Heartless, provided there was even a little darkness in it, so they spread like a zombie plague. But they manifest more like a spirit, whereas the empty body left behind might become a nobody if remnants of the soul are left behind.
    Okay, let's try this again: (takes deep breathes)

Heartless is the manifestation of the darkness inside the heart, and Nobodies are the body without the heart?

Thank you to everyone who has taken their time to explain this to me.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Okay, let's try this again: (takes deep breathes)

Heartless is the manifestation of the darkness inside the heart, and Nobodies are the body without the heart?

Thank you to everyone who has taken their time to explain this to me.
    Yes, body as well as lingering soul has potential to become a Nobody. Heartless are manifested from the darkness inside hearts, both from people as well as the hearts of worlds. The newly evolved types that spread after Xehanort's experiments are categorized as "Emblem Heartless."

Kingdom Hearts: Can a ghost and a zombie come from the same person?