Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    now I do like Kingdom hearts and will play the third game. however I did found the story of Kingdom hearts 2 to be convoluted ,but I did find the story to be pretty much complete just convoluted.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNzxgjIRXWk
    Just a few thoughts on the Tgs trailer we recently got.
    Things don't look well for Sora if the chessboard is meant to foreshadow the final conflict. Kingdom Hearts isn't afraid of having a bittersweet or even sad ending so I'm actually worried for Sora.
    Looks like Baymax is going to be the main party member for the Big Hero 6 World, I hope the others help out similar to how Meg, Phil, and the Herc's Pegasus helped out with the Hydra boss fight.
    Davy Jones looks amazing! I'm happy the naval combat is so over the top. It makes it standout from AC, Sea of Thieves, etc.
    I never thought Marshmallow could get me so hype!

I loved the first Kingdom hearts.

The second one, (which was actually the third one even though they said you didn't have to play the second to understand it but kept referencing major events from it) the story really started to get convoluted and less uninteresting.

The whole mess with Ansem not being Ansem but being this other guty who was disguised as another guy who was disguised as somebody else while a third person looks just like the guy who's pretending to be the one ... yadayada yada. or how Roxas wasn't really a person he was Sora, except kinda not really and now he's he's own guy.

The story is just a mess.

The more the focused on their original characters the bigger a mess it got. I really don't care about any of Organization XIII. They just come off as generic badguy group that all wears the same outfit.

I miss when the story was basically New Guy travels through Disney Worlds to save his friends and stop new Villain with his Legion of Doom Disney team.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

The second one, (which was actually the third one even though they said you didn't have to play the second to understand it but kept referencing major events from it) the story really started to get convoluted and less uninteresting.

The whole mess with Ansem not being Ansem but being this other guty who was disguised as another guy who was disguised as somebody else while a third person looks just like the guy who's pretending to be the one ... yadayada yada. or how Roxas wasn't really a person he was Sora, except kinda not really and now he's he's own guy.

The more the focused on their original characters the bigger a mess it got. I really don't care about any of Organization XIII. They just come off as generic badguy group that all wears the same outfit.

I miss when the story was basically New Guy travels through Disney Worlds to save his friends and stop new Villain with his Legion of Doom Disney team.
    that was just the first game :P.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

The story could have defiantly been told more clearly but the games does take time to explain everything. Mickey explains the Ansem thing, Yensid tells Sora & company about how Nobodies work in the early game.
    In defense of the organization they all have their own personality, elemental power, and weapon. I thought their mission to become whole again was somewhat sympathetic if it weren't for their methods. I prefer the focus being on the OC stuff as it let's it be its own thing as messy as that is. Plus they're other "everyone's here" type of Disney games. Different strokes for different folks I guess
    I do miss a large group of Disney villains teaming up, Ooegie Bogie's quick insult to Captain Hook is one of my favorite KH memories.

When i got older i realized Kingdom hearts is a basically a multi-fandom crossover fanfic with an OC as a lead.

That lead the series to having multiple groups if fans that leaned towards one part over the other. Especially since the original content became an acquired taste.

KH went on a decline after 2 with DDD feeling like a rough first draft that no one edited or workshopped. I gave upon the characters and the whole xehanort saga . Kh3 might end up being a good end to the whole xehanort saga but it won't redeem the bad parts to me. Same way that WW or the Justice League make up for the weaker DCEU entries. Or even Infinity war for the weaker MCU entries such as the Dark World.

What worked for the first game was them exploring the lore through the Disney characters and vice versa. They pulled back on this post kh1 and the disney worlds feel like filler backdrops which was dissapointing to me.

The problem with the OCs is that they became generic and poorly used over time. Sora became the worst parts of Naruto without any of the good and Kairi never grew past just being the childhood friend cliche. Riku is the only one who grew past being the jerkish best friend turned rival but even he feels meh now.

Im not sure there is a way to fix that. KH might have been better off with more standalone games that had time skips in between them. That allowed you to reinvent the simple characters over time and keep them fresh.

So here's hoping KH4 has a time skip or a different lead or both

This mirrors my feelings about KH. I loved the first game. So much that I went for 100% completion and I rarely do that. By the second game the story just turned into long-winded anime nonsense and I couldn't even stay interested long enough to finish the game. The combat was fun but the game loved to hear itself talk so much that it rarely cut you loose long enough to enjoy it.

The story has just spiraled into complete insanity now. They're clearly trying to wing it on a game-by-game basis and it shows.

I think the design of Sora refelcts how the series has gone along. In the first game, Sora looked like a nice combination of Disney and JRPG characters. Not too much of one, not too much of the other.

The second game they really amped up the JRPG and really toned down the Disney design elements.

Now Sora looks JRPG that may have had a slight Disney Influence if you squint at it really hard, and for a series that was built on exploring Disney Worlds that just feels like missing the point altogether.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Anyone else picking up KH III when it drops Monday night?