Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The Toy Story Cast Speaking Japanese is BEYOND AWESOME and one of the Coolest Things I have Ever Seen!!!
    It's the opposite for me. With a few exceptions, I can't stand the Japanese voices in Kingdom Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I feel like this and Assassin's Creed are the two franchises I'm always thinking of trying out but think there's so many ruddy games in the series now I'll never catch up. Also I am not an expert in Final Fantasy, outside maybe elements of 7,8, 10 and 13 (though that's more from watching Spoony's bemusing reviews of them).
    I'd say just play any of the AC games that appeals to you the most. Since they switch eras alot, the series is gonna be explained over and over so you'll be caught up pretty fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Thank you for taking your time explaining; I really, really, appreciate it.

Okay (takes a deep breath): So a person without a heart becomes a Heartless, while heart without a body becomes a Nobody?

I know, I know, I sound like an idiot. I don't know why I can't grasp the concept between the two.

Thank you all again.
    no problem. To be honest a lot of people get confused with nobodies so don't beat yourself up over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Kingdom Hearts: Can a ghost and a zombie come from the same person?
    pretty much this.

They picked the perfect music from KH2 to show off Toy Story. Completely whimsical and fun-loving, totally Disney. I really do hope they bring that song back in KH3.

Also, I know this is one hell of a stretch considering cost, but how amazing would it be to have Tom Hanks and Tim Allen in this game? Of course, I'll settle for Tom Hanks' brother Jim (who's done voicework for Tom before), but it's still fun to imagine.

I'm a bit bummed that there'll be no worlds based off Final Fantasy. I know each game essentially put more and more distance away from them, but I was tickled at the fact that the likes of Cloud, Aeris, Tifa, and Leon fighting side by side with Stitch against the Heartless hordes that I'd want FF characters to be incorporated more fully into KH3.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-20-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd say just play any of the AC games that appeals to you the most. Since they switch eras alot, the series is gonna be explained over and over so you'll be caught up pretty fast.
    I guess given Origins is a new start that might work, but I've only played the original fully. I know the Edizo games are in a remastered set for PS4 with 2, Brotherhood and Revelations, so I'm hoping Ubisoft might be nice and remaster both the original game and the American Trilogy of 3, Liberation and Rogue, then all the games will be on current gen.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yes, body as well as lingering soul has potential to become a Nobody. Heartless are manifested from the darkness inside hearts, both from people as well as the hearts of worlds. The newly evolved types that spread after Xehanort's experiments are categorized as "Emblem Heartless."
    no problem. To be honest a lot of people get confused with nobodies so don't beat yourself up over it.
    Okay. Thank you. So now I'm pretty sure I understand the difference between Heartless and Nobodies. Now for Part 2 in explaining Kingdom Hearts:

Are Nobodies are also duplicates/clones? This question is regarding Sora/Roxas, Kairi/Namine, Axel/Lea.

Thank you so much again.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Okay. Thank you. So now I'm pretty sure I understand the difference between Heartless and Nobodies. Now for Part 2 in explaining Kingdom Hearts:

Are Nobodies are also duplicates/clones? This question is regarding Sora/Roxas, Kairi/Namine, Axel/Lea.

Thank you so much again.
    They are not really clones or duplicates. There is a clear physical resemblance, but they usually do not have shared memories or experiences, leading to them developing their own personalities. In the end, Nobodies become their own person.

However, it seems as if anything born from Xehanort will inherit at least some understanding of Xehanort's plan, given that Xemnas revealed that the formation of Organization XIII always aligned with Xehanort's goals: but that's a plotline to be overly complicated by Kingdom Hearts 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    They picked the perfect music from KH2 to show off Toy Story. Completely whimsical and fun-loving, totally Disney. I really do hope they bring that song back in KH3.

Also, I know this is one hell of a stretch considering cost, but how amazing would it be to have Tom Hanks and Tim Allen in this game? Of course, I'll settle for Tom Hanks' brother Jim (who's done voicework for Tom before), but it's still fun to imagine.

I'm a bit bummed that there'll be no worlds based off Final Fantasy. I know each game essentially put more and more distance away from them, but I was tickled at the fact that the likes of Cloud, Aeris, Tifa, and Leon fighting side by side with Stitch against the Heartless hordes that I'd want FF characters to be incorporated more fully into KH3.
    Tim Allen feels more likely to reprise Buzz than Tom Hanks tho.

I think the first three final fantasy games would be easier to bring in the fold because they are less dense than modern games or the MMOs which doesnt have a core cast to follow so you can slot Sora/Donald/Goofy in.

Thank you so much again.
    Most nobodies are extensions of their previous selves like Axel is just Lea ten years older. So those are more like ghosts even if they arent technically dead. They are ore like Vampires without the blood sucking.

Roxas/Namine/Xemnas are all special nobodies because the circumstances of their birth were different than others. They were born from bodies that were holding more than one heart so their identities are more scrambled. For example Xemnas looks more like an older version of Terra from BBS because Xehanort had Terra's heart in his body. Same thing with Roxas as Sora had ventus's heart in his body so Roxas looks more like ventus. Roxas has no memories of his life as Sora or ventus because Sora didn't stay a Heartless in the first game.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Tim Allen feels more likely to reprise Buzz than Tom Hanks tho.

Most nobodies are extensions of their previous selves like Axel is just Lea ten years older. So those are more like ghosts even if they arent technically dead. They are ore like Vampires without the blood sucking.

Roxas/Namine/Xemnas are all special nobodies because the circumstances of their birth were different than others. They were born from bodies that were holding more than one heart so their identities are more scrambled. For example Xemnas looks more like an older version of Terra from BBS because Xehanort had Terra's heart in his body. Same thing with Roxas as Sora had ventus's heart in his body so Roxas looks more like ventus. Roxas has no memories of his life as Sora or ventus because Sora didn't stay a Heartless in the first game.
    Trying to understand the 'special circumstance' nobodies drove me fucking crazy.

Like...Namine is Kairi's nobody, but she was born from Sora's body because Kairi regained hers, but then Sora also created Roxas, so somehow they are like some kind of conjoined twin nobody with her being able to alter their memories and...and...whatever.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

I think a big reason Square is doing this is several factors.

1- They released World of Final Fantasy last year with a big focus on that type of situation. With various Final Fantasy characters and more involved.

2.- Square is gearing up for a big Final Fantasy push the next couple of years. They just remastered Final Fantasy XII this year. They released Final Fantasy XV and World last year. In the next couple of years its rumored that they will re-release Final Fantasy I-IX in a package. So folks can play those games. Then there is talk of remastering Final Fantasy VII.

3 - They wanted to explore different things with this series and made that decision.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think a big reason Square is doing this is several factors.

1- They released World of Final Fantasy last year with a big focus on that type of situation. With various Final Fantasy characters and more involved.

2.- Square is gearing up for a big Final Fantasy push the next couple of years. They just remastered Final Fantasy XII this year. They released Final Fantasy XV and World last year. In the next couple of years its rumored that they will re-release Final Fantasy I-IX in a package. So folks can play those games. Then there is talk of remastering Final Fantasy VII.

3 - They wanted to explore different things with this series and made that decision.

Hopefully this is true. Would definitely buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    They are not really clones or duplicates. There is a clear physical resemblance, but they usually do not have shared memories or experiences, leading to them developing their own personalities. In the end, Nobodies become their own person.

However, it seems as if anything born from Xehanort will inherit at least some understanding of Xehanort's plan, given that Xemnas revealed that the formation of Organization XIII always aligned with Xehanort's goals: but that's a plotline to be overly complicated by Kingdom Hearts 3...
    So . . . Nobodies come from the original person without a heart, but sometimes a Nobody can be created as a special physical entity so the original (ex: Sora) and the Nobody (ex: Roxas) can exist at the same time?

Thank you very much again for answering and explaining.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

So . . . Nobodies come from the original person without a heart, but sometimes a Nobody can be created as a special physical entity so the original (ex: Sora) and the Nobody (ex: Roxas) can exist at the same time?

Thank you very much again for answering and explaining.
    Correct. To go deeper with Sora and Roxas thing, it was because Sora's heart had Ventus's heart resting inside of Sora's heart that because Sora's Heartless transformation was incomplete, most likely due to Kairi, that Sora's Nobody used Ventus's body as it's physical base.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Correct. To go deeper with Sora and Roxas thing, it was because Sora's heart had Ventus's heart resting inside of Sora's heart that because Sora's Heartless transformation was incomplete, most likely due to Kairi, that Sora's Nobody used Ventus's body as it's physical base.
    Yay! I finally got it!

If I could, I would pay everyone who took their time answering and explaining.

Thank you so much again.

now I do like Kingdom hearts and will play the third game. however I did found the story of Kingdom hearts 2 to be convoluted ,but I did find the story to be pretty much complete just convoluted.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    now I do like Kingdom hearts and will play the third game. however I did found the story of Kingdom hearts 2 to be convoluted ,but I did find the story to be pretty much complete just convoluted.
    I don't think the series got any easier to understand.