Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It was hilarious seeing Finesse do things like mnemonic hacking. But yeah, I loved her as the team mega-genius.

I didn't hope anymore, but one of the Avengers the Initiative characters will be appear in july.
    Dan Slott brings back one of his creations, Joseph Green AKA The Gauntlet, in Tony Stark: Iron Man.
    Not sure if he'll be relevant or just make a brief cameo, but a least he's not forgotten anymore.

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #2 DAN SLOTT (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A) Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS STARK REALITIES! • Tony has been holding back an enormous secret since his return, and there’s only one person on Earth he’d trust it with: James Rhodes. This will change everything. • A strange new development for Jocasta, the return of the Gauntlet and the arrival of Tony Stark’s new rival, Sunset Bain. All this and the power of the Manticore, the most powerful assault vehicle in the Marvel Universe! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

when is someone going to check on Armory?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Definitely a huge Rangers fan...have been since their first appearance. I may have all their appearances, to be honest.

As far as new stuff goes, I loved the Point Men, the Hawaiian Initiative team. Basically 3D Man (later Stingray) leading new characters and Devil-Slayer as the first line of defense against any threats/kaiju/monsters coming over from Japan. I'd love to see them get their own title with Dr. Demonicus as the big bad.
    And we just lost monsters unleashed!

That's Marvel. They create a whole concept and out of nowhere just shift gears and throw it out the window. like relaunching every year. I thought the Initiative was pretty cool. I was hoping that an ongoing would happen featuring a different state every month. I liked the Order but preferred the original team that got fired. Always liked the Rangers. Butterball was very cool. He had a major strength that equaled his major weakness.

The Thunderbolts Army was a great idea. All those hardly used villains got a chance to be taken out of mothballs. Next thing you know the Thunderbolts are a whole new team. Marvel changes with the wind. They left a lot of untapped characters old and new.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 04-17-2018 at 06:37 PM.

I really think that they should make some of these newly created characters into villains or anti-heroes. it would show the failings of the program. we've already seen the good side of the Initiative. they were instrumental in fighting back the skrull invasion. but with so many deputized heroes out there, some of them are bound to be corrupted by the (arguably) corrupt system. I could see someone like Gyrich leveraging these characters to do his dirty work.

Seems like at least one of the teams is making a brief return in the upcoming Fantastic Four #4

Liberteens are now the Fantastix

FANTASTIC FOUR #4

DAN SLOTT (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A)
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    FANTASTIX VARIANT COVER BY WILL ROBSON
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    4 YANCY STREET VARIANT COVER BY VALERIO SCHITI
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Meet the Marvel Universe’s New Fabulous Foursome: THE FANTASTIX!
    Wait. What?! Who are these imposters? Why are they in the Baxter Building?!
    And how is it that they own the lease?!
    A strange new turn in the Fantastic Four’s legacy!
    A secret side mission for the Thing!
    All this and a special appearance by one of the FF’s oldest foes!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That's a lot better looking cover than the Esad Ribic cover:

Hope is barely recognizable.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Armory should steal back the Tactigon.

Earth Force should have appeared as well as the Mormon team.

Red 9 and Geiger should have gotten more face time.

The Rangers should get a limited series.

The original initiative Order should come back.
    I would have liked to see more of Geiger too, but that's because I'm a Doc Samson fan.

The Liberteens are all grown up! I knew they looked familiar!!

I thought that weird “f” on the uniforms was actually a “G”, lol
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-21-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Who was your favorite "new" and already existing character?
    Several for new, pretty much all of them that appeared deserve mention. As an example I'd LOVE for Patrick the remaining Scarlet Spider to go on to be something, and kept wating to hear news Slot had done so when he was on Spidey. But if I have to narrow it down to one it's a toss up between The Gauntlet, and...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Komodo was one of my faves. Very interesting character concept. Yes, in-universe it's literally a case of someone imitating another, but it made sense. Realistically, I can see why a LOT of people would be willing to try what she did.
    Yep. I love that Curt pointed out she'd actually bettered him and perfected the serum for herself if no-one else. I'd love to see her follow the Beast type route and grow into a team polymath mega-brain for someone. Possibly the Defenders now they're a Spidey level team?

For Existing it has to be the Constrictor. I was a lifelong fan of his anyway, and I loved the Thing series where he decided to try heroism, so seeing that actually followed up on in the intiative was fantastic, and he had a great, if tragic arc in it.

Who should they have fleshed out more?
    I'd have loved to see the Mutant Zero storyline go longer, I thought it was an interesting status quo shift.

What was your favorite team?
    As someone already said the Point Men had the coolest mission statement, but personally I was most interested to see more of the Action Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I didn't hope anymore, but one of the Avengers the Initiative characters will be appear in july.
    Dan Slott brings back one of his creations, Joseph Green AKA The Gauntlet, in Tony Stark: Iron Man.
    Not sure if he'll be relevant or just make a brief cameo, but a least he's not forgotten anymore.
    YAY! Awesome news. I was already excited to pick up Slott's Iron man in trades now I want to get at least Joe's issues as floppies to show support for his use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Seems like at least one of the teams is making a brief return in the upcoming Fantastic Four #4

Liberteens are now the Fantastix
    Now I feel like a fool. I actually rolled my eyes when I first saw the Fantastix, I should've trusted the fact that Dan is one of my favourite writers for a reason. That's a great use of them, and again makes me even more excited to pick up a book I was already stoked for.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

The Liberteens are all grown up! I knew they looked familiar!!

I thought that weird “f” on the uniforms was actually a “G”, lol
    Of course the blonde girl (her real name was never revealed) will also be getting a new personal codename. Her old one was Ms America, which of course has now been taken by Chavez. I wonder what they'll call her.

And I agree about the art. The Ribic cover makes her look like a middle aged woman with a bob haircut (and Hope looks like a guy instead of a girl). When she's supposed to be early 20s or even still a teenager, with a ponytail (which she does have on the concept art, so that's the intent).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course the blonde girl (her real name was never revealed) will also be getting a new personal codename. Her old one was Ms America, which of course has now been taken by Chavez. I wonder what they'll call her.

And I agree about the art. The Ribic cover makes her look like a middle aged woman with a bob haircut (and Hope looks like a guy instead of a girl). When she's supposed to be early 20s or even still a teenager, with a ponytail (which she does have on the concept art, so that's the intent).
    Americana might work if its not in use somewhere else.

I know Whiz Kid died in their last appearance but I wonder if what happened to Blue Eagle

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I know Whiz Kid died in their last appearance but I wonder if what happened to Blue Eagle
    I'm hoping the Fantastix will answer that in FF #4.

And they made one more appearance after Secret Invasion, in Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt. Issue #1 they and other Initiative teams answered the call by Prodigy to revive the Initiative ad-hoc to combat the chaos in America, and the guys (2-D, Iceberg and Blue Eagle) were barely visible in the crowd in DC. Issue #3 they confronted Cloud 9 and Thor Girl in their stomping grounds in Philadelphia.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES