Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I believe Champions is part of Marvel's Scholastic deal, like Moon Girl.

BANNED

Sorry what issue is this Venom run really on...

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Sorry what issue is this Venom run really on...
    Venom #151 would be #8 of the latest series.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    I dont know if marvel truly keeps books around because of the Digitally sales... i know they do for trade with Moon girl

Ms. Marvel sold far better in digital before her first trade, you could also say Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye run as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Those ASM numbers are getting dangerously close to record lows.
    Unfortunately, they're still better than most of the satellite titles. That being said, the sales on Amazing Spider-Man currently aren't that impressive for a flagship book.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Is Bagley gone from it yet? He's the reason I'm skipping it
    do you not like Bagley because he draws the same female but change her hair color/ race over the same women/girl?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Those ASM numbers are getting dangerously close to record lows.
    Yeah...it looks like to me that after the huge fall from issue # 26 {62,515} to # 27 {51,404}...and with the numbers from # 28 {50,925} and # 29 {59,464} that the major boosts are not coming from new or disgruntled readers but from the Speculator market and variant covers...that worries me as it seems to be repeating what caused the crash in the 90's. History appears to be repeating itself and that greatly concerns me at present...along with Amazing's sinking numbers which I predict will grow worse if something major isn't done soon to right the ship. I also predict that Spectacular's numbers to fall significantly with the next issue and the issues after that...a lot of people are really sore that this book did not deliver as promised and has turned into a Marvel Team-Up book.I don't think throughout the entire history of Amazing if numbers have ever been this low...really troubling IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Yeah...it looks like to me that after the huge fall from issue # 26 {62,515} to # 27 {51,404}...and with the numbers from # 28 {50,925} and # 29 {59,464} that the major boosts are not coming from new or disgruntled readers but from the Speculator market and variant covers...that worries me as it seems to be repeating what caused the crash in the 90's.
    That's exactly what retailers have been saying about Marvel for a while now. Too much reliance on events and variants.

Note, that was exactly what DC had been doing during New 52/DC You, too - events and variants.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    That's exactly what retailers have been saying about Marvel for a while now. Too much reliance on events and variants.

Note, that was exactly what DC had been doing during New 52/DC You, too - events and variants.
    I always knew that Variants had an influence and were adversely affecting the current market...but damn, this proves to me it's even worse than I originally thought. Being a life long comic book fan and reader this is very depressing and sad to see the industry repeating many of the mistakes of the past. Instead of learning from their mistakes and correcting what was wrong it seems they have allowed greed and profit to take over their common sense. If we are looking at the real possibility of another comic book crash I wonder if the industry as a whole can survive it? In conclusion...the constant relaunches and # 1 gimmick isn't helping at all either since it is mostly serving the speculater market.So,so sad.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I'm glad Renew Your Vows sold better this month. Here's hoping it remains in the top 100.
    Me too.

[QUOTE=Starrius;2947631]MJ kicking some ass for a change is cool, but she needs to leave some for Peter. hahahaha[/QUOTE

Nah, he gets to kick ass in Spectacular and ASM. Renew is her turn to kick ass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Nah, he gets to kick ass in Spectacular and ASM. Renew is her turn to kick ass
    Sadly, Peter doesn't even get to do much of that over in Amazing or Spectacular these days.

2099 always seems to have trouble in the sales department. It's strange considering what a strong following that series has always had.
    I think a large chunk of the 90's comic buying public has gone for good. It's evident by 2099 and Ben Reilly's performance.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Sadly, Peter doesn't even get to do much of that over in Amazing or Spectacular these days.
    Spectacular's only just started so there's plenty of time. As for ASM...It's one of the reasons I no longer read it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think a large chunk of the 90's comic buying public has gone for good. It's evident by 2099 and Ben Reilly's performance.
    Donno about Miguel, but that is not our Ben. It is Benpool

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Please give his comic a try

-Pav, who doesn't ask for much...
    Sorry Pav who doesn't ask for much but I read the first four issues and as a Ben Reilly fan myself I'm done with this book. I just don't find anything redeeming about this version of Ben.

My personal thoughts for why this book is failing.
    There's no audience for this book.
    Clone Saga haters aren't gonna be interested.
    And the fans who do like Ben Reilly aren't gonna like the new take on this character.

I feel bad for Peter David, but as great of a writer as he is even he can't save Ben from what Slott has done to him.

I can only hope that this serves as a lesson to Marvel that you can't just bring back a fan favorite character give him a new personality and expect the fans too be interested.