Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Like almost all comics right?

From what i see all comics like they are on the road to cancellation or relaunch again. Old Man Logan and All New Wolverine had help (movie) but without movie? Old Man Logan maybe would have 30 000. ANW? 25 000? AN Wolverine 17 had less than 30 000.
    I don't know if Old Man Logan actually received a boost from the movie. It's been at a steady 40k for a while now, the sales boost we see now is because of the new creative team and that it's under the ResurrXion banner.
    Last edited by GSman; 07-18-2017 at 05:06 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

[QUOTE=rui no onna;2949027]Caveat there, harder to gather data for #1. That's still going to be mostly a guess based on sales for similar series and buzz from customers. Oh well, we'll see what happens with the July charts. My guess, Astonishing X

Whoa, those are awesome. after Gold has been so so im really hoping Astonishing is really good. its great that the Campbell alts show the four best members of the AXM team
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I don't know if Old Man Logan actually received a boost from the movie. It's been at a steady 40k for a while now, the sales boost we see now is because of the new creative team and that it's under the ResurrXion banner.
    before movie
    Old Man Logan 17 $3.99 Marvel 38,851
    Old Man Logan 18 $3.99 Marvel 38,679
    after
    Old Man Logan 19 $3.99 Marvel 47,428

but
    I agree that new creative team and ResurrXion banner helped also.
    Yes i should add: movie, variants or other type of advertisment. ok with You?

before movie
    Old Man Logan 17 $3.99 Marvel 38,851
    Old Man Logan 18 $3.99 Marvel 38,679
    after
    Old Man Logan 19 $3.99 Marvel 47,428

but
    I agree that new creative team and ResurrXion banner helped also.
    Yes i should add: movie, variants or other type of advertisment. ok with You?
    Yeah. I stand corrected, I guess it was a combination of a few things.

BANNED

ANW also got a boost from Logan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Uncanny avengers Is selling 27,000k as of June with issue 24 and that's way above the threshold that's needed to avoid cancellation and it's confirmed to continue into marvel legacy with its numbering so it's not relaunching nor getting cancelled.

And writer Jim zub has expressed many times in interviews that he loves writing rogue so I doubt Anna will be leaving the team anytime soon.
    Not predicting that it will be cancelled, but a marvel writer on another thread, said 25,000 is when Marvel starts thinking about canceling/ relaunching. And iirc, A Force, all girl Xmen and the last XFactor were all cancelled while they were still in the mid-twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Not predicting that it will be cancelled, but a marvel writer on another thread, said 25,000 is when Marvel starts thinking about canceling/ relaunching. And iirc, A Force, all girl Xmen and the last XFactor were all cancelled while they were still in the mid-twenties.
    At this point in time, 25K is a darned good seller for Marvel, particularly for a series that's been around since 2015. Relaunching might get them a minor short term boost but the bigger risk is if readers treat the relaunch as a jumping off point and it sells below 20K by issue 6 like a lot of Marvel's recently launched books. They're better off leaving UA be.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

[QUOTE=anyajenkins;2949523]Not predicting that it will be cancelled, but a marvel writer on another thread, said 25,000 is when Marvel starts thinking about canceling/ relaunching. And iirc, A Force, all girl Xmen and the last XFactor were all cancelled while they were still in the mid-twenties.[/QUOTE]

Most Marvel titles were selling much better then though...

At this point in time, 25K is a darned good seller for Marvel...
    Exactly. UA is safe unless they're beyond idiots which well...

I see Iceman, Jean Grey and Gen X settling around 18K. Don't these books tend to do better digitally though? Like Ms. Marvel does? Seems the "younger" solos sell well digitally... I guess the Phoenix story from Jean grey can move over to BLUE if that gets cancelled... I definitely predict New Mutants (in place of Gen X) returning next year... Iceman has till issue 12 unless it sells really well digitally or it's niche market keeps it alive.

UA deserves recognition for reaching 24 issues.

May not be one that sells the most, but UA has a group of loyal readers who prevent this comic from being canceled.

This also proves that some readers still want to read stories where heroes fight together .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    we can also look that way:
    december 2016 - UA had 93 and 95 places in top 300
    may 2017 - 96, june 2017 - 88

how many books (which were relaunched in last 12 months) have better sales than UA? We have X-men Gold and Blue and ?

Avengers 7 had 30,681 issues
    Champions 9 has 27,444 issues
    Invincible Iron Man 7 had 28,266
    technically better ... but do You think that this is worth to relaunch this book? for this "big" increases?

UA will have at least 32 issues (because issue 28 = first issue of new volume and from Marvel Legacy). More if they will have stable sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    UA deserves recognition for reaching 24 issues.

May not be one that sells the most, but UA has a group of loyal readers who prevent this comic from being canceled.

This also proves that some readers still want to read stories where heroes fight together .
    and thanks to preview for 28... UA will have at least 32.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 07-18-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I see Iceman, Jean Grey and Gen X settling around 18K. Don't these books tend to do better digitally though? Like Ms. Marvel does? Seems the "younger" solos sell well digitally... I guess the Phoenix story from Jean grey can move over to BLUE if that gets cancelled... I definitely predict New Mutants (in place of Gen X) returning next year... Iceman has till issue 12 unless it sells really well digitally or it's niche market keeps it alive.
    Not always. There are some books (Ms. Marvel seems like the only exception) that rank higher in digital than print but for the most part, if you jumble together the comiXology's weekly best seller charts, they actually look quite similar to the Diamond charts barring issues with gimmicks (e.g. variants) wherein Diamond ranking is likely higher.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

we can also look that way:
    december 2016 - UA had 93 and 95 places in top 300
    may 2017 - 96, june 2017 - 88

how many books (which were relaunched in last 12 months) have better sales than UA? We have X-men Gold and Blue and ?

Avengers 7 had 30,681 issues
    Champions 9 has 27,444 issues
    Invincible Iron Man 7 had 28,266
    technically better ... but do You think that this is worth to relaunch this book? for this "big" increases?

UA will have at least 32 issues (because issue 28 = first issue of new volume and from Marvel Legacy). More if they will have stable sales.

and thanks to preview for 28... UA will have at least 32.
    I do not know what are the next plans of marvel after legacy or better do not know what are the plans for legacy but would like UA to become the main title and believe with the correct team of heroes and creative team this is possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Not always. There are some books (Ms. Marvel seems like the only exception) that rank higher in digital than print but for the most part, if you jumble together the comiXology's weekly best seller charts, they actually look quite similar to the Diamond charts barring issues with gimmicks (e.g. variants) wherein Diamond ranking is likely higher.
    Which books are part of the scholastic deal? Moon Girl... Ms. Marvel maybe? The Unstoppable Wasp has had low sales for a while too and seems fine or did it get cancelled?

Seems the teen girl books have some sort of buffer...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

These aren't really that bad or unexpected for what they are. I think most people expected Iceman to more or less be a maxiseries.

Based on Marvel.com, Comixology, and what Hopeless has said I'm pretty sure Jean Grey does better in digital than in print.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Which books are part of the scholastic deal? Moon Girl... Ms. Marvel maybe? The Unstoppable Wasp has had low sales for a while too and seems fine or did it get cancelled?

Seems the teen girl books have some sort of buffer...
    Nadia's book is gone. #8 is the last issue. She's still on the Avengers for now of course and I think she'll go to Champions when they shuffle the teams. Not sure if Waid will stay on those two books after their crossover.

Squirrel Girl has the Scholastic deal. Maybe Monsters Unleashed? And I think Champions might do too.