Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Batwoman #5 preview

http://www.avclub.com/article/kate-k...e-previ-258164

A little odd that Kate already had her Special Forces tattoo while on Coryana. I've always figured she got it during her training, but I guess it works to show some wishful thinking on her part.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Uhg, enough with this island of boringness. The art's cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Uhg, enough with this island of boringness. The art's cool though.
    Agree about the art. Disagree about the island.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

They should change its name to Boreyana.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Wow, you've sure been sitting on that one a while, huh?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Wow, you've sure been sitting on that one a while, huh?
    Yup, sue me.

Yup, sue me.
    I'm tempted, it was a pretty bad pun.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Ahahaha. Well said. I think I'm going to like the art a bit more for this issue, but I'm still really not interested in the continuing adventures of Kate that are not dealing with the many mysteries she already has to unravel.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Perfect.

FFS, guys. Commit to the terrible puns if you're gonna make them.

It should've been Boreyawna

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

I've Tried With This Book. but it just doesn't interest me perhaps its just this arc
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    I've Tried With This Book. but it just doesn't interest me perhaps its just this arc
    Well, we're getting a new arc after this month, and that one sounds much more interesting, so hopefully you'll like that one? I've had a very "meh" reaction to the current arc, but I'm excited about the new one. Plus, in August (next month), we get the flash forward to the alternate future with Commander Kane leading the Colony! Sounds like Future's End done much better, hopefully.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I liked that Safiyah was fleshed out a bunch more here, since she was pretty much a ghost in the previous issues. And there's a bit more of the island itself. It's not a huge amount in either case, but enough. Knife also gets a bit more of an active role in her distancing from Safiyah, so their relationship ends up being more complex than "Safiyah dumps her for the new chick", which was nice.

I'm puzzled by a couple things: the solicit for issue #4 referenced Gabi Kane's death, but no such reference appeared in that issue. Fine, okay, maybe it actually appeared in this one. Solicits can get shuffled or whatever. But no, nothing at all here either. So I don't know why it was included at all, unless it was a late edit to the story. Very strange. Also, spoilers:
    I was expecting this issue to, if not cover the entire lost year, then show what caused Kate to leave. But only about a month or so is covered.
    end of spoilers

I don't feel cheated by that or anything, but it's weird. There's a panel near the end that shows spoilers:
    a flash-forward of Colony!Kate, so I'm wondering if the flashback Kate in this issue really is that Kate, and not the main universe one. If so, that would give another reason why the next issue deals with that seemingly future Kate attacking Gotham. Pretty huge if true, since now we'd be dealing with parallel universes for sure.
    end of spoilers

Whatever the case, there's still some mysteries to this Coryana storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Whatever the case, there's still some mysteries to this Coryana storyline.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I liked this issue a ton more than any of the previous ones. It actually engaged the emotions. HOWEVER, I'm still much, much more hyped for the flashforward issue next month, and then COLONY PRIME VS KATE!

I do wonder, since this issue was narrated by Safiyah and she's almost certainly the Big Bad of the series, if flashbacks to the island will act like interlude issues just as the "Open Fire" story is, until the story finishes. Depends on how the next issue goes.