True Believers Amazing Spider-Man stated One-Shot Reprint
    Ms. Marvel
    Luke Cage
    Royals
    Ultimates2
    Rocket
    U.S. Avengers
    Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme
    Spider-Man 2099 Stated months ago it was ending at #23 I thought but I might just be misremembering, planned end at any rate.
    Black Panther Crew
    Hawkeye
    Silver Surfer
    Man-Thing stated mini at start
    Nova
    Nick Fury
    America
    Monsters Unleashed
    Zombies Assemble
    Elektra
    Kingpin
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Occupy Avengers
    Bullseye
    True Believers Peter Parker stated One-Shot Reprint
    Unstoppable Wasp
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Apparently Scholastic Sales somehow keep this title profitable in the face of all else
    True Believers Miles Morales stated One-Shot Reprint
    Taking the BOLD titles out of the equation it's 18 titles below the 20K line. Is that still a giant leap below the "cancel" line or just marginal?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    There are some good titles in this list.
    And if FANS tried those books instead of bashing them as a whole or encouraging boycotts of them based on who is on the cover-sales might be better.

As long as you got entitlement fans that act like Marvel is not allowed to have books beyond the chosen few-you see the results.

And if you look at trades-how does every Rebirth & Marvel book get beat by Motor Crush? A book reportedly not ordered by stores because it starred a black female?

And LOL a lot of the trade for those low seller appear in trade sales lists.

Yikes on those Forge numbers. Events certainly don't seem to be the mega money makers (300K+ copies per issue) that they used to be.
    You have a book with a character named Duke Thomas-that has Inhuman level hate on him appearing to have a big role in the Batman lead event-that will lead to NEW folks getting series over fan favorites. Yeah those number would be lower than expected despite sniffing a second print for some reason.

But hey remember, there's no F4 book because it doesn't sell over 40k LOL.
    Not one book on there has anything to do with that no matter how much FF fans want to scream it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    hopefully David's run on Scarlet Spider is a lengthy one.

I hope this means you're buying it each month!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I celebrate every issue that Ultimates survives.
    Me too - and if it doesn't survive, I hope it can transform into something similar yet new, and hopefully more sustainable. It's a wondrous book.

-Pav, who hopes everyone tries Scarlet Spider...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not one book on there has anything to do with that no matter how much FF fans want to scream it does.
    I'm just saying that because somes users here still think that F4 was cancelled due to low sale.

And if you look at trades-how does every Rebirth & Marvel book get beat by Motor Crush? A book reportedly not ordered by stores because it starred a black female?
    Motor Crush Vol. 1 (pretty good, btw) sold 5,010 copies. Most DC and Marvel books already sold 15K+ copies as floppies. In general, I think a lot of Image books sell better as trades than as floppies. The opposite is true for DC/Marvel with a few exceptions (e.g. DCSHG, Fables, Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, etc).

You have a book with a character named Duke Thomas-that has Inhuman level hate on him appearing to have a big role in the Batman lead event-that will lead to NEW folks getting series over fan favorites. Yeah those number would be lower than expected despite sniffing a second print for some reason.
    I honestly doubt Duke Thomas's presence made a dent in those figures. You might have less than a thousand who boycotted the book because he was featured but that's ultimately negligible.

As for 2nd printings, the reason for that is most publishers don't overprint their books by a significant amount. Say preorders are 100K, publishers will print maybe 105-110K copies to cover damages and a few reorders. If there are sufficient reorders to justify a 2nd printing (much lower economies of scale), then they'll do that. That said, just because a book sold out at the distributor level doesn't mean there aren't plenty of unsold copies sitting in comic shops.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's hard to know to what extent Ewing doesn't sell and to what extent he gets books and casts that don't have a lot of sales potential. Probably a bit of both.

As for events, I fear like we're getting the worst of both worlds. Event fatigue is clearly real, but the events are selling well enough that Marvel is never going to give up doing them. I predict a lot more extra issues and extra artists and gimmicks used to wring as many sales as possible out of events.
    I think his New Avengers was holding more steady then his USAvengers is, or compared to his other books, but there are probably a lot of factors going into that.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Ok, apparently, it was MJ month, not reused Jim Lee X-Men art. Not sure what the qualifier is for this specific variant but it's usually something like order 90-200% of a previous issue.

Maybe the theory that Mary Jane Watson on a cover really can bump up sales is true ?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I'm just saying that because somes users here still think that F4 was cancelled due to low sale.
    Heck, just check out the SW sales figures I posted. Many of the main characters were from the Fantastic Four cast. 2 million total sales there.

BTW, glad to see Infamous Iron Man still pulling in some decent numbers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Me too - and if it doesn't survive, I hope it can transform into something similar yet new, and hopefully more sustainable. It's a wondrous book.
    I think if Ultimates² is cancelled and U.S.Avengers suffers the same fate, they should merge the two and relaunch it as New Avengers, a more recognized title and, like I said, it seemed like it was the most stable book Ewing was writing, sales-wise (also, I shamelessly want Wiccan and Hulkling back). Maybe bring in a few A-listers so the roster can look more appealing and roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe the theory that Mary Jane Watson on a cover really can bump up sales is true ?
    Not gonna lie, I bought this one and was sorely tempted by some of the others.

Invincible Iron Man #7 (28,266)
    Invincible Iron Man #8 (33,428)

Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Ultimate Member

Al Ewing's writing doesn't do it for me. At all.

His books are very talky and frankly boring.

Of course this is my opinion but I'm not inclined to buy any book with his name on it.

Mighty Member

And if FANS tried those books instead of bashing them as a whole or encouraging boycotts of them based on who is on the cover-sales might be better.

As long as you got entitlement fans that act like Marvel is not allowed to have books beyond the chosen few-you see the results.
    Fans buy what they want and when they don't like a title, they vote with their wallets. You can insult them all you want, it will not change these facts. It's not their fault if a book doesn't sell, it's because it has not find his public.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Fans buy what they want and when they don't like a title, they vote with their wallets. You can insult them all you want, it will not change these facts. It's not their fault if a book doesn't sell, it's because it has not find his public.
    Yeah it's true bashing doesn't impact that much.

All New Wolverine and Mighty Thor are doing well in sales, yet they were met with a lot of backlash specially Jane Foster.

The Inhumans were never popular, and I think three books for them it's too much, specially when the main book doesn't have BB and isn't even called Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Al Ewing's writing doesn't do it for me. At all.

His books are very talky and frankly boring.

Of course this is my opinion but I'm not inclined to buy any book with his name on it.
    I haven't read it, but I'm under the impression that Ultimates is a very talky book.

By comparison his other Avengers books, or Royals, has a much more involved and active cast and action sequences.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post

All New Wolverine and Mighty Thor are doing well in sales, yet they were met with a lot of backlash specially Jane Foster.

The Inhumans were never popular, and I think three books for them it's too much, specially when the main book doesn't have BB and isn't even called Inhumans.
    The inhumans may have never have really popular but the fact that marvel is pushing them despite that and that they have faith in them and believe in them is something that's very admirable on their part honestly, the same can be said for Carol Danvers as captain marvel both sell terribly monthly and are more or less hated by most readers yet marvel continues to have faith in these characters and they believe in them despite all that and it's again very admirable I think brave even on their part for them to be that committed to these characters and supportive of them and for them to believe in and have faith in these characters despite how hated they are or how terribly they sell monthly.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 07-17-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post

It's interesting to note that none of the Inhumans books have Inhuman in their title (at least not until the Priest mini).
    Currently Following: