Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

That's pretty awesome and hilarious

Extraordinary Member

Well, I guess I should at least be grateful that they got Floyd out of that ridiculous New 52 suit. But then I miss his classic look.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This reminds me of Kate Spencer's sidekick from Manhunter, the one who was a professional henchman.

I think, like that story, nothing good comes of being a henchman for anyone you care about. Nope nope nope.

Not sure I like the disjointed storytelling, though. I don't see the gain from telling the story jumbled up this way. Sometimes there's a clear gain, but not here. But it's just a preview. So maybe.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

This just isn't going to end well for this guy...

Always Rakzo

Yeah, this is starting to show the problems with the story.

The set-up for this arc has been pretty interesting and this chapter itself is also enjoyable in its own way due that it tries to develop Kite Man into something more than a simple joke. HOWEVER, this is also a two-issue interlude that continues to tell the story from someone else's perspective instead of SHOWING THE ACTUAL STORY! I think this could have worked much better as a tie-in in other book, as part of the main one and interrupting the current arc? Not so much.

Mann's art is solid but doesn't elevate King's work as much as Janin's. Not sure about the future of this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yeah, this is starting to show the problems with the story.

The set-up for this arc has been pretty interesting and this chapter itself is also enjoyable in its own way due that it tries to develop Kite Man into something more than a simple joke. HOWEVER, this is also a two-issue interlude that continues to tell the story from someone else's perspective instead of SHOWING THE ACTUAL STORY! I think this could have worked much better as a tie-in in other book, as part of the main one and interrupting the current arc? Not so much.

Mann's art is solid but doesn't elevate King's work as much as Janin's. Not sure about the future of this arc.
    It's just one issue. I'm pretty sure it won't throw the rest of the arc off.

Poor Charlie Brown

I don't think it's really a problem with the story - I think the real problem is the story feels like it hasn't really started, because Batman has been almost completely passive or reactive. We need our protagonist to actually have a plan, a course of action.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Poor Kite-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Poor Kite-Man.
    I think we are supposed to feel bad for him - but I personally think we shouldn't ignore the fact that he worked for the Joker before all of this. You could say he was under duress, because the Joker is inherently terrifying, but he sits next to the Joker without apparent fear, and no threats from Joker.

I don't want to say, at all, that he deserved to have his son murdered. But neither do I think he is an innocent victim. I like that complexity King builds up here.

I really like Kings Joker
    Its not different from what we got before, Its just more subdued and less in your face about the fact that its the Joker.
    Kite Man and Joker would be a great team
    I really hate Riddler now, I don't think there's any coming back from where he's gone now.

Fantastic Member

I don't know why , but I feel liek this Joker could fit right in on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" with his level of apathy. I love it lol

LoL, this was good. First time ive ever cared about Kite Man.

Mighty Member

I actually feel something for Kite-Man. Good work King.