View Poll Results: Who was the first comic book Phantom Lady you ever read about in a story?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sandra Knight (Quality / DC comics) - 1st appeared Police Comics #1 (1941) from Quality Comics

41 49.40%
  • Sandra Knight (Fox Features & Ajax-Farrell version) - appeared from 1947-1955

4 4.82%
  • Dee Tyler - 1st appeared Action Comics Weekly #636 (1989) / died in Infinite Crisis #1 (2005)

23 27.71%
  • Stormy Knight - 1st appeared in Crisis Aftermath: The Battle for Blüdhaven (2006)

10 12.05%
  • Jennifer Knight - 1st appeared in Phantom Lady and Doll Man #1 (2012)

1 1.20%
  • other (please specify in a separate post)

4 4.82%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

In the past several months, we've gone to:
    * Sandra Knight (Quality [1941 - 1943] / DC Comics [1972 - various periods]) = 18 votes (+ 1)
    * Dee Tyler (DC Comics, 1989 - 2005) = 10 votes (+ 4)
    * Stormy Knight (DC, Comics 2006 - 2011?) = 4 votes (no change)
    * Sandra Knight (Fox Features & Ajax-Farrell / 1947-1963?) = 2 votes (+ 1)
    * Jennifer Knight (DC Comics 2012) = 1 vote (no change)
    * other = 1 vote (no change)

In the past month, [B]Sandra Knight (Quality [1941 - 1943] / DC Comics [1972 - various periods]) has gained to more votes for a current total of 20; no other versions have had any additional votes.

Boisterously Confused

The first one I recalled was from the short-lived Freedom Fighters series. I suppose that's Sandra.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The first one I recalled was from the short-lived Freedom Fighters series. I suppose that's Sandra.
    If you mean the series from 1976-78, that would be Sandra.
    (Though at 15 issues long, it's actually the one Freedom Fighters series that lasted more than ten issues.)

I've always loved Sandra. She looks so good in that profile above.

What happened to her? Did she keep her Phantom powers or did she lose them as the profile suggests?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I've always loved Sandra. She looks so good in that profile above.

What happened to her? Did she keep her Phantom powers or did she lose them as the profile suggests?
    Well, just as Golden Age Black Canary somehow gained her "canary cry" vocal powers in the late 1960s when she relocated from Earth-2 to Earth-1 (though that was later retconned in 1983 so that it was really her previously unknown daughter who had sonic abilities), Sandra seemed to have gained her "Phantom powers" when she relocated from Earth-X to Earth-1 in +/- 1976. (Other members of the Freedom Fighters also gained previously unmentioned abilities after the relocation.) I don't know if any writers decided to have her keep the intangibility power after she had gone back to Earth-X / after CoIE or if it was just ignored / forgotten then.

This one. (man I miss the 50 cent to $1 back issues at the comic shop we had in our city in the 80s! Got lots of marvel and dc comics from the 70s there as a kid! Sad to say it is gone now there)

[IMG][/IMG]

New year, so lets check where the numbers stand:
    * Sandra Knight (Quality Comics / DC Comics [1972 - various periods]) = 21 votes (+3)
    * Dee Tyler (DC Comics, 1989 - 2005) = 10 votes (no change)
    * Stormy Knight (DC Comics 2006 - 2011?) = 5 votes (+1)
    * Sandra Knight (Fox Features & Ajax-Farrell) = 2 votes (no change)
    * other = 1 vote (no change)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 01-13-2019 at 11:55 AM.

By the way, if anybody is reading the current Robert Venditti-written version of the Freedom Fighters (which I'm not at present), has it been said yet in the story who the current "Phantom Lady" is?

Incredible Member

The one who was with the Freedom Fighters and fought the Nazis, Earth-X(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    The one who was with the Freedom Fighters and fought the Nazis, Earth-X(?).
    This was my first version too, but I didn't truly become fan until the Times Past story in Starman

I'd also like to see an update of the powder blue and red costume simply because I like that color combination better, but yellow and green works well for Phantom Lady.

Retired

Why did they start giving her those eye-shades? I don't remember her wearing any such thing in the 1940s or the 1970s comics. I really don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, if anybody is reading the current Robert Venditti-written version of the Freedom Fighters (which I'm not at present), has it been said yet in the story who the current "Phantom Lady" is?
    Anybody?

Oh, as to the updated poll numbers,
    * Sandra Knight (Quality Comics/DC Comics [1972 - various periods]) = 24 votes (+3)
    * Dee Tyler (DC Comics, 1989 - 2005) = 13 votes (+3)
    * Stormy Knight (DC Comics 2006 - 2011?) = 5 votes (no change)
    * Sandra Knight (Fox Features & Ajax-Farrell) = 2 votes (no change)
    * other = 2 votes (+1)

I think they said her first name in the last issue but no last name that I've seen, so no idea if she's a Knight or not.

I don't recall the first name but it wasn't anything I recognize; no Sandra or Stormy or Dee. She's someone new, not a re-imagined version of a previous Lady.

I'll try to remember to set the issue aside next time I dig through recent issues so I can post it here for you.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think they said her first name in the last issue but no last name that I've seen, so no idea if she's a Knight or not.

I don't recall the first name but it wasn't anything I recognize; no Sandra or Stormy or Dee. She's someone new, not a re-imagined version of a previous Lady.

I'll try to remember to set the issue aside next time I dig through recent issues so I can post it here for you.
    Thanks. I'm sort of curious, though it's a bit too late to add her to the poll options.