Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

When did Green Arrow become the comic I'm most looking forward to each month? Well played, Percy. Well played.

Thoughts:

- I guess now that Oliver's deal with the Ninth Circle and gotten his big win, he can finally deal with his murder trial...I wonder if he and Dinah will have resolved their relationship issues by then?

- Garth is finally back in Aquaman? Yes! Now I can only hope he's used well and gets to actually interact with Tula and Dolphin. Also curious to see what Arthur needs to find that was "lost" to get back the Throne.

- Huh, a new creative team on Blue Beetle? That seems kind of random. I have to wonder what this means for the book...

- I wondered if they were ever going to deal with the fact that Simon and Jessica don't actually have jobs outside of being GL's. I wouldn't be surprised if their family issues is what forces them to actually head into the work force.

- I was wondering how long it would be before Sinestro's return in Superman reflected on the GL books, and it looks like that's happening. Plus, Hal on Earth and the return of Hector Hammond .

- People kept guessing Emiko would eventually appear in Teen Titans, so I guess Percy is finally going through with that.

- Wally West near-death again? (Sigh) Really DC? Really ?

Possibly:
    * ACTION COMICS #989 / 990 / 991
    * BATGIRL #16
    * MOTHER PANIC #12
    * NEW SUPER-MAN #16
    * SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #31
    * WONDER WOMAN #32 & 33
    And several others to still consider.

Fantastic Member

Ug i really hope selina says yes bruce if not i just have to say WHY DO YOU HATE ME Dc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Ug i really hope selina says yes bruce if not i just have to say WHY DO YOU HATE ME Dc.
    Well, it says Bruce is leaving Gotham. Why would he leave if she says yes. It's the same old "I'm heartbroken so I would leave to rediscover myself" trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, it says Bruce is leaving Gotham. Why would he leave if she says yes. It's the same old "I'm heartbroken so I would leave to rediscover myself" trope.
    I could be more so because of his conversation with the flashpoint version of his father that happened in "The Button", rather than whatever the answer ends up being from selina.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I could be more so because of his conversation with the flashpoint version of his father that happened in "The Button", rather than whatever the answer ends up being from selina.
    His father told him to be happy, to not be Batman anymore. Personally I don't see other reason for him to leave other than due to being turned down. He tries to be happy, he fails, he leaves to become a better hero. That's what Bruce does, he buries his pain by trying to be "better" at what he does. I could be wrong of course, but I think it makes sense.

upon closer inspection, i'm wondering if hal jordan will actually be teaming up with superman, or battling one of sinestro's minions.

Emiko possibly joining the Teen Titans. Finally found a way to get me to buy the book, well played DC, well played.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I guess now that Oliver's deal with the Ninth Circle and gotten his big win, he can finally deal with his murder trial...I wonder if he and Dinah will have resolved their relationship issues by then?

- Garth is finally back in Aquaman? Yes! Now I can only hope he's used well and gets to actually interact with Tula and Dolphin. Also curious to see what Arthur needs to find that was "lost" to get back the Throne.

- Huh, a new creative team on Blue Beetle? That seems kind of random. I have to wonder what this means for the book...

- I wondered if they were ever going to deal with the fact that Simon and Jessica don't actually have jobs outside of being GL's. I wouldn't be surprised if their family issues is what forces them to actually head into the work force.

- I was wondering how long it would be before Sinestro's return in Superman reflected on the GL books, and it looks like that's happening. Plus, Hal on Earth and the return of Hector Hammond .

- People kept guessing Emiko would eventually appear in Teen Titans, so I guess Percy is finally going through with that.

- Wally West near-death again? (Sigh) Really DC? Really ?
    Probably his Trident or a razor

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    His father told him to be happy, to not be Batman anymore. Personally I don't see other reason for him to leave other than due to being turned down. He tries to be happy, he fails, he leaves to become a better hero. That's what Bruce does, he buries his pain by trying to be "better" at what he does. I could be wrong of course, but I think it makes sense.
    I think that's a valid take, though it could also be possible that he's doing it in part to get ready to marry Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Emiko possibly joining the Teen Titans. Finally found a way to get me to buy the book, well played DC, well played.
    I don't believe she's joining Percy said tat the book will feature a revolving roster of guest stars remember? Just like he said each core member will get an arc devoted to them

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I don't believe she's joining Percy said tat the book will feature a revolving roster of guest stars remember? Just like he said each core member will get an arc devoted to them
    Didn't know that because I haven't been paying much attention to the title. I'll probably still jump on for the Emiko arc/issue though!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

So freakin excited for Mr. Miracle! To think we'll have two New Gods comics in one month!

Never in a million years would I have thought that Giffen leaving the Blue Beetle series would be a good thing. The first series with Giffen and Rogers was brilliant. Sadly, not so much this time around. It was way too drawn out and he went overboard with the quirky banter. It was too Giffen-y. I hope DC ditches the whole magic origin and brings back The Reach. Putting a little known writer on a book with low sales pretty much means cancellation is right around the corner. Jamie Reyes has become pretty popular in other media but that just hasn't translated into comic sales.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Aaaaaaaand this is a big post. Which is good for DC, I guess

Definitely:
    BATMAN #32 - Still no clue what Bruce could've done. Something Identity Crisis-esque? I mean, Kite-Man gets a spotlight issue, so maybe he got made stupid and was actually this uber threat or something. And maybe Bruce did the same to the Joker, turning him into his Silver Age incarnation or splitting him into three people or someting.
    BATMAN #33 - Don't tease me, DC! Let Bruce rest for a while! we know AzBats is happening!
    BATWOMAN #8 - Series is doing nothing for me, but still gonna give it a Tynion-less arc. C'mon, Bennett! I believe in you!
    DEATHSTROKE #24 - Let me guess, NuWally and Tanya are working against Slade? Or for Damian against Slade?
    WONDER WOMAN #32 - Okay, I';m looking forward to this run, but... Diana looks stupid. Take the rug off your head, girl! But yay, Pagulayan! But that's one of Hitch's "not really trying" covers, huh?
    WONDER WOMAN #33 - Yay, Emanuela Mupacchino! Boo, another Hitch cover! Though maybe he's trying harder on this one. Also, dig that Robinson is keeping the alternating arcs, and I'd love a good Darkseid story with Diana starring.
    WILDSTORM: MICHAEL CRAY #1 - My sis LOVES Bryan Hill, and I'm liking this new Wild Storm universe, so why not? But Oliver Queen?! Um... what?! B-b-but... well, I guess they referenced Batman, who In guess now WAS real and ACTUALLY DID transform into a bat in the 40s? Whatever. Can you make the Ollie look like the Rebirth one at least? Would love to see him die
    THE WILD STORM #8 - Huh. Ellis knows how to have eye-catching imagery, I'll give him that. Also, still love how Ellis is building this universe, so some cosmic ****? **** yeah.
    MISTER MIRACLE #3
    BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #6 - Forgot this was a miniseries. Since I'm halfway through, might as well follow it all the way.
    DOOM PATROL #10 - Yes!
    1. No resolicit of a prior issue.
    2. Actual new issue! I mean, I know it'll probs be resolicited, because that **** has become the NORM for this series, but still!
    Still really loving this series. That cover though... the ****. Also, "Dick NErdington" reminds me of a podcast called Cox n' Crendor
    MOTHER PANIC #12

SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 4: THE NEW WORLD TP
    BATWOMAN VOL. 1: THE MANY ARMS OF DEATH TP - This story has been a letdown, but I kinda own all of Kate's trades (except the post-Williams part of her ongoing (completely forgot who wrote that, but it's on the tip of my tongue)), so why not?
    SUPERMAN VOL. 4: BLACK DAWN TP - Great arc. JonxKathy is my otp
    A VERY DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH CHRISTMAS TP - The Superman and Batman stories were fun, and that Annual was cute... well, the Tom King story about Ace, which is the only part of it I cared about.
    THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1: ORIGINS TP - Ignoring the controversy surrounding the creators, this was apparently good.
    THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC NEW EDITION
    SUPERMAN: AMERICAN ALIEN TP - The first two issues of this series did nothing for me, but in TRADE instead of hardcover? Sure... Supergirl: Being Super is still better though :P (speaking of, that thing needs a trade yesterday!)
    FABLES: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK 15 HC - I need nine more OHCs once this comes out to finish the run. By this point, I'm just doing it for completion's sake, since what I've read so far is a very mixed bag.
    TRILLIUM: THE DELUXE EDITION HC - Not keen on Lemire's art, but his writing? When he's good, he's damn good.

DC DESIGNER SERIES AQUAMAN & MERA BY PAT GLEASON STATUE - **** yes!

Maybe:
    BATMAN LOST #1 - Dark Days: The Casting was awful, so unless the first issue of Metal really improves, I'm trade-waiting this event. At best.
    BATMAN: THE DEVASTATOR #1 - ^. Also, it's Frank Tieri, so... eh.
    THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #1 - ^^. Also, it's James Tynion. so... ugh.
    THE FLASH #32 - This run has been doing nothing for me outside of fun with the wider DCU and continuity. Might dropm after the current arc. Like the Bat-Flash design, though.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #966 - For what it might lead to. I still give no fucks about Tim and find this series mediocre at best.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #967
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #16 - There was a bottle in DC Universe: Rebirth #1? Still excited for the Atom stuff. I still think the Atoms should get their own ongoing. The Atom: Rebirth #1 was better than every other issue of Justice League of America so far and had such potential and such a good setup.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #17
    SUPER SONS #9 - Still not sure if I'm gonna drop this series. It just feels so... disposable.
    BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT #1 - Might trade-wait it. Sounds interesting though. But that name... I get it, but I jsut picture Batman (or I guess the Joker) being overly defensive of other people on the internet.
    BATMAN: THE DARK PRINCE CHARMING BOOK ONE HC - Might trade-wait, especially given the staggered release. Still, always like when people outside of the American comics industry are given a go with a big character. ESPECIALLY when it's just a random elseworlds thing or something.
    DEADMAN #1 - Really not sure on this. Adams' recent work has been... eeeeeeehhhhhhhhh. At best. Might pick up the first issue to see if it's worth trade-waiting.
    GOTHAM CITY GARAGE #1 - I mean, it sounds... mixed. But Lanzing and Kelly seem to be developing their skills at a decent pace, and they're pretty good at stories about oppressive regimes... just not at the whole "non annoying characters" thing. Because **** if Uma from Joyride wasn't the most punchable person ever for 90% of that series.
    GOTHAM CITY GARAGE #2
    RAGMAN #1 - Might trade-wait, but I recall liking some of Fawkes' stuff that dealt with the occult, and Ragman's always had a n interesting visual. But I DID NOT know his name was Rory Harper. Like... that is one letter away from being Roy Harper. Also, I've never heard of Inaki Miranda, so some cover art would be nice...
    WONDER WOMAN/ CONAN #2

THE FLASH VOL. 4: RUNNING SCARED TP
    GREEN ARROW VOL. 4: BLOOD AND OIL TP - I've been trying to get into Percy's run, but it's just so... ugh. Been reading Grell's run instead. Much better. Might buy this trade and binge PErcy's run in one big go, but I still can't get past the first arc being so cringy.
    SUPERWOMAN VOL. 2: REDISCOVERY TP - The main reason I didn't read the first trade is Jimenez's overwriting. I doubt Perkins could do worse.
    TITANS: THE LAZARUS CONTRACT HC - Uuuuugggggghhhhhhhh. This was an awful, dumpster fire, shitfest of a crossover... but it's important to Slade's character in Priest's run, and it'd be weird for it to be missing from my shelf. But it was so bad! I... I might get it. For completion's sake. Maybe. If I can't stop myself. Because it's so goddamn awful.
    WONDER WOMAN VOL. 4: GODWATCH TP - Still not sure how the OHC is collected. ARE the issues in their original print order or are they in arcs? It's super important to me.
    BATMAN/THE SHADOW: THE MURDER GENIUSES HC - Was this good?
    CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN BY JACK KIRBY TP - Was THIS good?
    GOTHAM ACADEMY SECOND SEMESTER VOL. 2: THE BALLAD OF OLIVE SILVERLOCK TP
    ROBIN: YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION HC - I mean, DC out out that trade that had this series AND Batgirl: Year One... but dammit, it's Dick. He so rarely gets hardcovers, and this is by Chuck Dixon! Will depend on whether I feel the need to read Batgirl: Year One (probs not).
    WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON TP - Sounds dope. Forgot this came out in hardcover last year, so if I can't find THAT, this will do.
    THE INVISIBLES BOOK TWO TP
    NORTHLANDERS BOOK THREE: THE EUROPEAN SAGA TP - Never heard of this series, but it sounds super interesting. Might pick up the first trade.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force