Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:
    Lenticular covers for The Oz Effect? No thanks. Glad I'm trade-waiting the Superman books. Also, still think it's Superboy-Prime or Pre-Flashpoint Jonathan Kent. Also, HOLY ****, we're almost at Action Comics #1000! My best guess says the Legion fully reappears there, even though Batman is apparently setting up their return.

That Batgirl cover is pretty. Dan Mora should get more work.

So, that Batgirl and the Birds of Prey cover.... I guess Dick is there for Helena? Or is he pulling doube duty and is there for Babs too? Helena needs to get out more; her and thew Question were always cute in the DCAU. Also, Gordon being there when everyone else is a love interest... reminds me of that one scene with Batman and Robin from the Silver Age.

smartbombstudios-justice.jpg

With Giffen off Blue Beetle, I might read the series in trade and see if it does anything for me. I dug the pre-FP series, so it might get another chance. IF I'm ready to push through awful Giffen dialogue. And plots. And the weird magic scarab retcon. And everything else.

Wait, is Tim Seeley writing Green Lanterns now or just an arc?! Because I will read that! He overwrites a lot, but nobody can overwrite as hard as Humphries! At least Seeley's plots tend to be good!

Superman joining the Sinestro Corps spreading to the GL books makes sense, but makes me scared that they'll stretch it out. Also, **** if Ethan Van Sciver's art isn't ugly. I'm STILL not sure if it's intentional or not. But even if it is, Superman's right hand looks so off...

Okay, I love Cass... but she ain't doing crap against Bizarro. Neither is Clayface. Maybe get Batwing on taht ****? No? Whatever.

Wait wait wait... Amanda Waller's bullshit was supposed to still be a secret?! Really?! WORST. KEPT. SECRET. EVER.

"Imperius Lex"...that is glorious

Still hope the lesbian Maxima from Supergirl is THIS one's daughter or something. Seriously, did we not get enough of the Hercules-chaser pre-FP? Did anyone miss her?

Aaaaaaand I'm still glad I dropped Titans. This is all just stupid. Just give Wally his ongoing or to Williamson already! Also, that cover is awful. The Titans are dicks standing on people's graves, who stands BEHIND a tombstone and the **** is up with NuWally's foot?!

That Trinity solicitation... you mean team-UP? Or are we in Overwatch general chat now?

Condom head is baaaaaaaack! I will always prefer Tim's condom head to his swan queen or Not Really Red Robin suits. But **** if Kate's mask doesn't look off there. Like, the left ear is too big, like it'd make the right one tiny. Also, Dick's long hair is putting me off a bit.

So is Cave Carson on a break or is it just done? Not gonna lie, won't miss it. Same with Shade, tbh.

And once again, a Rebirth hardcover is collected badly. Seriously?! 'Tec is just gonna SKIP the Monster Men issues of Batman and Nightwing? Ugh.

Wait... Atlanteans is actually spelled Atlantians?! Why didn't anyone tell me?! Oh my god, I've been making an idiot of myself!

Wow, Batman: Year Two is being, like, acknowledged. That's a first :P

Having read all of Geoff Johns' Flash run in omnibi... I never realised that cover had Wally with brown hair. That... irks me way more than it should.

If that Two-Face 75 Year hardcover includes a Tomasi story other than The Big Burn, I swear to God...

Astro City #47's cover got my sis to READ THE ENTIRE SERIES, so #48's cover... yeah. Can't say I'm as enticed xD
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 07-18-2017 at 03:18 AM. Reason: For the image :P
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    And once again, a Rebirth hardcover is collected badly. Seriously?! 'Tec is just gonna SKIP the Monster Men issues of Batman and Nightwing? Ugh.
    You'd think with a big hardcover they'd stick the extra four issues in there, or at least omit the two 'Tec Monster Men issues. You shouldn't have to get three collections just to get a complete crossover storyline. That's what the Night of the Monster Men trade is for, all six issues in one place.

BANNED

Random thoughts:
    Lenticular covers for The Oz Effect? No thanks. Glad I'm trade-waiting the Superman books. Also, still think it's Superboy-Prime or Pre-Flashpoint Jonathan Kent. Also, HOLY ****, we're almost at Action Comics #1000! My best guess says the Legion fully reappears there, even though Batman is apparently setting up their return.
    Prime is still what I'm thinking as well, though I did have a recent idea for a possibility: Christopher Kent, potentially feeling replaced.

Wait, is Tim Seeley writing Green Lanterns now or just an arc?! Because I will read that! He overwrites a lot, but nobody can overwrite as hard as Humphries! At least Seeley's plots tend to be good!
    I think Seeley is just doing a single fill-in. It would have been announced if Humphries was off the book. I'm glad he isn't leaving personally; he's basically defined the book's leads.

Okay, I love Cass... but she ain't doing crap against Bizarro.
    I mean, she did once beat a Bizarro Supergirl

BANNED

Emiko joining Teen Titans?
    On one hand I have no problem with the Titans getting more members, on the other hand I have only read about her in GA Rebirth and dropped that around issue #16 and the book certainly didn't endear me to any of the characters.

Random thoughts:
    Lenticular covers for The Oz Effect? No thanks. Glad I'm trade-waiting the Superman books.
    Not sure trade waiting has to do with it lenticular covers are completely optional to get.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

So is Cave Carson on a break or is it just done? Not gonna lie, won't miss it. Same with Shade, tbh.
    Both Shade and Cave Carson are most definitely cancelled, each sold 9,000 units, far below all DC Rebirth titles and the majority of Marvel titles. Mother Panic is essentially selling the same, so I expect that title to get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Both Shade and Cave Carson are most definitely cancelled, each sold 9,000 units, far below all DC Rebirth titles and the majority of Marvel titles. Mother Panic is essentially selling the same, so I expect that title to get the boot.
    Young Animal, as with Vertigo and licensed books, are likely held to a lower standard.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I'm personally wondering where are the Dark Matter books? Sideways and Silencer were supposed to be in September and these solicitations should have had the immortal men in it. Anybody hear of a delay or anything?

Beyond that I'll be picking up my usual books:

Titans #16
    JLA #16 & 17
    Nightwing #30 & 31
    Detective Comics #966 & 967
    Green Lanterns #32 & 33
    Superman #32 & 33
    Supergirl #14
    Super Sons #9
    The Flash #32 & 33

Definitely interested in trying out Deathstroke and Aquaman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Aquaman #29
    Batman #32-33
    Bombshells United #3-4
    Deathstroke #24
    Detective Comics #966-967
    Flash #32-33
    Green Lanterns #32-33
    Mister Miracle #3
    New Super-Man #16
    Ragman #1 ($2.99 price and a nice creative team, so I'll give it a chance)
    Suicide Squad #27-28
    Super Sons #9
    Superman #32-33
    Wonder Woman #32-33

Imprints:
    Scooby Apocalypse #18
    Future Quest Presents #3 (Guess they didn't like 'Showcase')
    Mother Panic #12
    Wildstorm #8

Maybes:
    Dastardly & Muttley #2
    The Ruff & Reddy Show #1 (After all the United States of Hysteria drama I'm tempted to just ignore this, but It's Hanna-Barbera so I'll bite)
    Wildstorm: Michael Cray #1 (Enjoying Wildstorm but not to the point that I'll pick up companion books)
    Batman: White Knight #1 (Not really interested in the story, but it's Sean Gordon Murphy)
    Gotham Insurgence Tie-ins (Depends on if I like Gotham Resistance)

Other than these I'm looking at two Marvel and Image books for October (Ms.Marvel #23 and Paper Girls #16), so my pull looks to be the smallest it's been in half a year. I do expect Cave Carson and Shade to be back next month since it's just an end of first story arc break, Mother Panic will probably be absent in November. I wish the Dark Matter books hadn't been pushed to 2018, I was really looking forward to a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Young Animal, as with Vertigo and licensed books, are likely held to a lower standard.
    Well, it is a high coincidence that both Shade the Changing Girl and Cave Carson are simultaneously absent from the solicitations, plus while this probably is the case, to a small extent, it was reported that many recent Vertigo miniseries were selling so poorly that the miniseries themselves, were cancelled, which is a rarity for a miniseries.

Action Comics #989/990/991
    Superman #32/33
    Superwoman #15

Hoping for Shade the Changing Girl to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Shade and Cave are on hiatus. Tommy Lee Edwards is writing the next arc of Mother Panic starting with #13, so it'll go until at least #15.

Screenshot_20170718-200955.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Shade and Cave are on hiatus. Tommy Lee Edwards is writing the next arc of Mother Panic starting with #13, so it'll go until at least #15.
    Oh okay, thanks. "Phew."

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Wildstorm: Michael Cray #1 (Enjoying Wildstorm but not to the point that I'll pick up companion books)
    If DC were to put out a book starring Michael Cray, (Deathblow) why wouldn't they just call it Deathblow? I know Michael Cray currently isn't Deathblow in the comics, but if you were to market a book starring Michael Cray, it would just make sense to title the book Deathblow, because while a series titled Michael Cray might interest hardcore Wildstorm buffs and readers of The Wildstorm (Which sells approximately 25,000 units per month, which is actually quite good, but not enough to have a solo series spun out of it in my opinion), but probably won't interest readers who are casual readers of the Wildstorm brand. Having the comic named Deathblow would probably cause a little more interest, because I'm assuming that people who don't know much about Deathblow, but are familiar with Wildstorm at least know the name Deathblow, and even if a reader doesn't know anything about Deathblow, it's at least a cool sounding name.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 07-18-2017 at 06:48 PM.

If DC were to put out a book starring Michael Cray, (Deathlock) why wouldn't they just call it Deathlock?
    Because Michael Cray wasn't "Deathlock"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Because Michael Cray wasn't "Deathlock"?

Oh nuts I mean Deathblow. Shoot! I was confusing Deathblow with the Marvel character of a similar name!