Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Has anyone ever read anything by Enrico Marini before? Very interested to see what a big name from a different comic book culture might do with a Batman-book untethered to continuity.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's 50/50 whether he's doing this because she said "no" and he's trying to deal with that or because she said "yes" and he's trying to make himself the kind of man worthy of marrying her.
    I guess that would depend on what he reveals he did in WJR. I could see this happening but I don't know. I don't think DC got the cojones to have her say YES. This whole thing honestly is probably just a "not now" type scenario.

Or they just probably would have her flat out say NO. I think they may feel the status quo for Bats is to just be alone with a bunch of sons and Alfred!
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 07-18-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Batman getting turned down by Selina and that prompting a renewal/redemption journey would be really interesting.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I personally don't believe we're going to have a flat No. I think a conditional or complicated Yes is most likely. With a high probability of being disrupted in the future.

A No would be a pretty dull story, I think, and I don't see King wanting to tell a dull story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Batman getting turned down by Selina and that prompting a renewal/redemption journey would be really interesting.
    And that's probably what's going to happen. Why would he take a quest if he just got engaged?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I personally don't believe we're going to have a flat No. I think a conditional or complicated Yes is most likely. With a high probability of being disrupted in the future.

A No would be a pretty dull story, I think, and I don't see King wanting to tell a dull story.
    The NO would be the thing that prompts him to get on that journey.

Yes, that journey should be because she says.. NO..

It's a NO

Dammit I wanted Selina to say yes, they have a baby, gets aged rapidly because comics, and Damian has a new sister

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    It's a NO

Dammit I wanted Selina to say yes, they have a baby, gets aged rapidly because comics, and Damian has a new sister
    How do you know? Is this something you know for sure?
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 07-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.

What do you guys think of Nightwing the new order? Will you be picking it up or waiting for trade?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think you all are jumping to conclusions. He may be talking to members of his family because she said yes and it's going to be changing his life.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    The NO would be the thing that prompts him to get on that journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Yes, that journey should be because she says.. NO..
    Or the journey could be because she says "Only if"
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think you all are jumping to conclusions. He may be talking to members of his family because she said yes and it's going to be changing his life.
    If this was any other couple, I would agree with you.

Heck if this was probably some no name woman with Bats, I would agree with you. Everything makes sense but again,

I actually think that would be very uninteresting. Batman not being able to be happy/in a committed relationship has 80+ years of comics I can go read. Only 1 of these paths is groundbreaking and it isn't the one where he is rejected.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I actually think that would be very uninteresting. Batman not being able to be happy/in a committed relationship has 80+ years of comics I can go read. Only 1 of these paths is groundbreaking and it isn't the one where he is rejected.
    I have to agree. I'd much rather it's a "Yes" or a "Yes with certain conditions" or even a "No unless you do thus" that leads him to make this journey then for it to be a flat out "No". The other three have interesting character development possibilities for Bruce but a flat out "No" would be so dull.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG