Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Don't get me wrong. If she says NO, I don't think that's the end for them. Quite the contrary. I think King is gonna try to tell a love story about them. I think he will do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I actually think that would be very uninteresting. Batman not being able to be happy/in a committed relationship has 80+ years of comics I can go read. Only 1 of these paths is groundbreaking and it isn't the one where he is rejected.
    Hm. This suggests to me, "Batman struggling to make a committed relationship work and be happy" as a storyline. I would definitely find THAT to be relatable.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Dang it DC! Just take my money!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Hm. This suggests to me, "Batman struggling to make a committed relationship work and be happy" as a storyline. I would definitely find THAT to be relatable.
    Agreed! I think it has real potential for great stories.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Really? I would want the relationship to be part of what makes him happy, lol!

I don't want to see "I thought this would make me happy, nope, time to break up" Bruce Wayne either. That's just another way to say Batman has to be alone.

Look, I don't think people want to see dancing ponies and rainbows with these two, just I mean, I dunno, have them walk in the house together after a crazy night of patrol, lol!

BANNED

She better say no

No ex girlfriend commits with the Red chicks-dig.me Hood in town!

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    She better say no

No ex girlfriend commits with the Red chicks-dig.me Hood in town!
    Huh? What are you saying?

And luckily for you, there are dozens of Batman stories just like that, already released you can go read! It's the synopsis of literally every single romance arc Batman has ever had.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

"A Lonely Place of Living" - fitting title for the arc that will most likely end with Tim's death or removal from mainstream Batman comics (since he debuted in 'A Lonely Place of Dying') . Sad times, he's arguably the best Robin and best Batman supporting character, but I think everyone was just waiting for it to happen ever since Damian was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    "A Lonely Place of Living" - fitting title for the arc that will most likely end with Tim's death or removal from mainstream Batman comics (since he debuted in 'A Lonely Place of Dying') . Sad times, he's arguably the best Robin and best Batman supporting character, but I think everyone was just waiting for it to happen ever since Damian was introduced.
    Yeah... I don't think that's what will happen at all.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yeah... I don't think that's what will happen at all.
    What do you think will happen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Don't get me wrong. If she says NO, I don't think that's the end for them. Quite the contrary. I think King is gonna try to tell a love story about them. I think he will do that.
    Yeah

Mary Jane turned Peter Parker down the first time in the core comics and turned down marriage proposals in the newspaper strip several times, and they wound up getting married in both continuities eventually [while the mainstream Peter and MJ eventually fell victim to OMD twenty years later, the newspaper Peter and MJ are still married to this day]

Lois Lane broke off her engagement to Clark a year or so before they got married too

Mighty Member

Tim's not dying. If he was they would've just killed him to begin with.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I think King is gonna try to tell a love story about them. I think he will do that.
    I think we'll get this interesting exploration of Batman and love even without marriage necessarily at the end of all this. It will be groundbreaking enough if King just tells a definitive tale on why Batman won't find marriage in these non-end-of-career mid 30s days of his life. Some are exaggerating the lack of committed relationships Batman has had. He's had long enough ones in various runs.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-18-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

From a Tynion interview:

"How would you describe the situation Tim Drake’s in? It’s ingenious, because he’s effectively dead in the universe of the book, but we know he’s out there and coming back, which circumvents the typical anticlimactic superhero death-and-resurrection cycle.

The best way to describe it is having my cake and eating it too. We didn’t want to do the standard fake-out, okay the character’s dead and then three issues later reveal he’s alive. We wanted to show people right away that this isn’t something we did to shock readers, this is all part of a story. We wanted to make it clear that everything that’s happening with Tim is because we think he’s one of the most important characters in the DC Universe, not an expendable character that we’re going to toss on the fire to make all the characters cry. Now, at the same time, we get to use him to make all the characters cry.

One of the things that’s interesting about Tim being the one taken off the board is that he’s such a bright character. From what we’ve seen of Rebirth so far, it looks like it might be a referendum on dark, post-Watchmen superhero stories vs. a more optimistic ideal, of which Tim is kind of an avatar.

All I’d say is what Mr. Oz says to Tim Drake when Tim is pulled into the side world. All I can really do is point to the text at this point, and then say: This is all a bigger story. The fact that it is Tim, and Tim is central to all of this, that is relevant and important. You’ll be slowly discovering why over the next few months or years. Tim’s a character who I feel like in the New 52 got brought over to the Titans side of the universe, and was sort of taken away from Gotham. Being able to root him as a crucial Gotham figure before sending him off into maybe the biggest story Tim has ever been a part of in DC comics history, that’s something that is important to me and makes me happy that we were able to do."