Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    From a Tynion interview:

"How would you describe the situation Tim Drake’s in? It’s ingenious, because he’s effectively dead in the universe of the book, but we know he’s out there and coming back, which circumvents the typical anticlimactic superhero death-and-resurrection cycle.

The best way to describe it is having my cake and eating it too. We didn’t want to do the standard fake-out, okay the character’s dead and then three issues later reveal he’s alive. We wanted to show people right away that this isn’t something we did to shock readers, this is all part of a story. We wanted to make it clear that everything that’s happening with Tim is because
    we think he’s one of the most important characters in the DC Universe,
    not an expendable character that we’re going to toss on the fire to make all the characters cry.
    Now, at the same time, we get to use him to make all the characters cry.

One of the things that’s interesting about Tim being the one taken off the board is that he’s such a bright character. From what we’ve seen of Rebirth so far, it looks like it might be a referendum on dark, post-Watchmen superhero stories vs. a more optimistic ideal, of which Tim is kind of an avatar.

All I’d say is what Mr. Oz says to Tim Drake when Tim is pulled into the side world. All I can really do is point to the text at this point, and then say: This is all a bigger story. The fact that it is Tim, and Tim is central to all of this, that is relevant and important. You’ll be slowly discovering why over the next few months or years. Tim’s a character who I feel like in the New 52 got brought over to the Titans side of the universe, and was sort of taken away from Gotham. Being able to root him as a crucial Gotham figure before sending him off into maybe the biggest story Tim has ever been a part of in DC comics history, that’s something that is important to me and makes me happy that we were able to do."
    Tynion saying that means exactly nothing let's hear anyone else from DC say anything along those lines.

Synder called Duke one of Batman's closest allies and a fan favourite but that does not remotely make it so. Writers say ridiculous stuff about their favourites all the time doesn't mean other or DC share that sentiment.

That said I don't think T** is going to die just a return to his regular mediocrity.

She better say yes it'll be such a predictable letdown if she turns him down. I'm not a fan of their romance but I'm less a fan of the will they won't they nonsense. I hope she says yes and they have a decent go at it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tynion saying that means exactly nothing let's hear anyone else from DC say anything along those lines.

Synder called Duke one of Batman's closest allies and a fan favourite but that does not remotely make it so. Writers say ridiculous stuff about their favourites all the time doesn't mean other or DC share that sentiment.

That said I don't think T** is going to die just a return to his regular mediocrity.
    Man, I really would love Duke Thomas if it weren't for Snyder and other writers making such a big deal out of him and practically shoving him down my throat. Character development and evolution needs to be natural, I don't want some writer or editor making promises and hyping up a guy I don't know or care about. He's just there for me, not a bad or good character, he simply exists.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing66 View Post
    What do you guys think of Nightwing the new order? Will you be picking it up or waiting for trade?
    I'm gonna pick it up. It's a new direction for Dick Grayson which I support all the way. Any great character can be fit in any setting to tell a unique and beautiful tale. Elseworlds stories also expand on the character we love in radical way.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah

Mary Jane turned Peter Parker down the first time in the core comics and turned down marriage proposals in the newspaper strip several times, and they wound up getting married in both continuities eventually [while the mainstream Peter and MJ eventually fell victim to OMD twenty years later, the newspaper Peter and MJ are still married to this day]

Lois Lane broke off her engagement to Clark a year or so before they got married too
    Not only that but she turned down his proposal on both Lois & Clark and Smallville.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I'm gonna pick it up. It's a new direction for Dick Grayson which I support all the way. Any great character can be fit in any setting to tell a unique and beautiful tale. Elseworlds stories also expand on the character we love in radical way.
    I'm really interested as well. I like Higgins's stories (except for Batman Beyond's Babs pregnancy thing), and McCarthy's art is gorgeous. Not thrilled with the concept, but hopefully the writing will carry me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Zero interest in New Order. The premise is garbage and I'd be saying that even if it were about a character I really cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Man, I really would love Duke Thomas if it weren't for Snyder and other writers making such a big deal out of him and practically shoving him down my throat. Character development and evolution needs to be natural, I don't want some writer or editor making promises and hyping up a guy I don't know or care about. He's just there for me, not a bad or good character, he simply exists.
    I am actually one of the few who likes Duke but I have to admit that things like calling him one of batman closest is annoying and disrespectful.
    The unearned hype Synder is forcing only serves to alienate fans. I wish he would tone it down and just tell us great stories. I enjoyed the Forge and the casting tough I face palmed when he had Duke fight Joker and joker be the one to name him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing66 View Post
    What do you guys think of Nightwing the new order? Will you be picking it up or waiting for trade?
    Really really was looking forward to it. Dick taking down most of DC heavy hitters and he has a family. GREAT. The one major turn off is Tim Drake. It would have been an instant pull if not for him as it stands it will come down to my love for Dick or my hatred for T** once the book drops.

BANNED

Really really was looking forward to it. Dick taking down most of DC heavy hitters and he has a family. GREAT. The one major turn off is Tim Drake. It would have been an instant pull if not for him as it stands it will come down to my love for Dick or my hatred for T** once the book drops.
    I'm in the same boat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Huh? What are you saying?
    Oh I think you know

Talia
    Starfire
    Donna
    Selina

BANNED

I'm also upset that Tim is in this...because he's a great character and doesn't deserve to be in this crap.

[QUOTE=Aioros22;2950626]Oh I think you know

Talia
    Starfire
    Donna
    Selina[/QUOTE

No, I don't know what your saying

BANNED

It`s cientifically proven that Ex-girls of family members have at one point flirted with Jason chicks dig me Todd if not flat out done more than just that.

Oh wait, I forgot Eternal/Barbara.

LoL, Im not sure if that is really something you should be trying to brag about.