Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why do you love Wonder Woman?

Out of all the characters why do u love her ? What makes her stand out for Superman and Batman?

Wonder Woman X Superman Diana X Kal's Avatar

I could type forever, because she is my absolute favorite <3 but my condensed version is:

She's beautiful, powerful, loving, caring... all Wonderful characteristics <3

Why I like her more than Superman? Well, I love women, and she is the perfect woman. My ideal woman is Wonder Woman. Superman has no chance, lol. He is instead my inspiration and whom I model myself after.

As for Batman, I'm not a fan of his.
    Wonder Woman <3

Spectacular Member

Kind, strong, flies, hangs out with gods, friends with minotaurs, and can communicate with animals.

Superman is cool and I guess you can say he is kind in ways and can also fly and is strong but he doesn't have the whole mythology stuff and gods on his side and doesn't have a whole lot to do with animals (unless you want to count krypto).

Batman is cool too but he's just a regular dude. Just intelligent and highly disciplined.
    Last edited by Farron; 08-13-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

She holds to an ideal that human beings can be better. She herself strives towards that constantly. Unlike Batman, this extends not just to physical and mental disciplines but also to the way we deal with others.

She is completely trustworthy and unfailingly courageous. She has compassion even for the lowest. She has no bias except that all people should be valued equally and treated with respect. She knows violence is a tool, not a solution.

And she is an inspiration for my daughter.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

If there was at least one thing u could being back from any run what would u being back ?

Lots of reasons, but most of them have to do with what she stands for and how I imagine her to be if I could meet her. She'll always be a symbol to me of equality and those of us who have fought that fight for any reason (race, gender, sexuality to name a few). Beyond that I admire the uniqueness do the concept.

I admire that she is a woman, someone who isn't supposed to do what SM does, isn't supposed to be as powerful as SM is, isn't supposed to want to be like SM yet she is better than he is on every level to me ... Don't take that as a SM criticism, it's not meant to be ... She trains a body that doesn't need to be trained, at her power level does she actually NEED fighting skills to be effective as a super hero, but she does it because she values having exceptional skill. She is a leader of her people and an example to others. She has faith, but isn't afraid to question it. She has flaws and isn't afraid to scrutinize them. She's cocky, but is humbled by her own mistakes.

honestly for me it was a certain artiste work that depicted her so HOT that i just fell in love with the character. Then i started reading her books and feel in love more.

BANNED

EVS: She seems like she’s your friend. Differently than say Batman or Green Lantern, Wonder Woman feels like she’s your friend.
    that. At least from my favorite WW runs you know she is there for u.

Ok, so like, I initially got into her cause of the Justice League cartoon, she was a girl and for some reason I always gravitate towards women so I always paid extra attention to her and Hawkgirl, then I read her comics and noticed that she was an awesome, badass, compassionate lady, then I saw what what she represented and symbolised and thought that was even cooler, then I read Greg Rucka's and Gail Simone's run and fell in love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Out of all the characters why do u love her ? What makes her stand out for Superman and Batman?
    I like her because she's hot and powerful.

What makes her stand out amongst Supes and Bats? She's a girl and she's magical.

For me it's as many of you stated who she is. Unlike Clark or Bruce she doesn't leave after saving the day she will talk to people and you feel even though she superhero you don't feel looked down upon this is at times what I don't get wit JL. She seems to alienation now. You felt like you knew her for a long time. For me she is one of the few females in media you can always look up especially with her international status.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    honestly for me it was a certain artiste work that depicted her so HOT that i just fell in love with the character. Then i started reading her books and feel in love more.
    Which artist did you like?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I love Diana because, to me, she's the perfect woman.

Like Black Angel, it was, in fact, Diana's physical beauty that first motivated me to give her a try, but my love for her grew past that very quickly as I continued to learn more about her.

What do I love about her specifically?

She's strong. She's beautiful. She's incredibly confident. She represents feminism at it's very best. She is generous. She is kind. She is forgiving. She constantly pushes people to be better and to reach for their inner strength and goodness.

As a superhero, she intrigues me because she is pretty much the ONLY superhero in ANY universe with such a reputation for reforming her villains. The sight of her extending a hand of compassion to Cheetah after Cheetah had just tried to slash her to ribbons, or empowering Hera after Hera harmed her mother and sisters, or inspiring Dr. T.O. Morrow to actually KNEEL before her and beg her to put a stop to Genocide, are just some of the most powerful and inspirational moments in my entire comic book reading life.

She's just a nearly perfect character to me. Even her flaws just serve to make her more beautiful to me.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

As a Wonder Woman fan what opinions you hate about people who don't understand Diana?

One is she sucks and is a knock off of Superman

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    As a Wonder Woman fan what opinions you hate about people who don't understand Diana?

One is she sucks and is a knock off of Superman
    Yeah, the knockoff Superman thing is ridiculous.

I also hate when people think that just because she's a strong woman with ties to feminism, then she must be a lesbian and/or a feminazi. I hate when people try to make her into a parody of who and what she is.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--