Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Have a former New Mutant founder gather a group of teen mutants and make a team/Breakfast Club (80s teen movie) out of them.

Bling!
    Indra
    Gentle
    Shark-Girl
    Sprite

BANNED

Team: Dani, Magik, Karma, Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane
    Artist: Walta
    Writer: Liu

As much as I enjoyed New Mutants #18-55, as others have said, you couldn't bring those characters back now in a junior role and I wouldn't want to see an unimaginative rehashing of past glories, as seems to be happening in Gold.

So much water has gone under the bridge since, I can't imagine what circumstances would bring them together again anyway.

I was never a fan of later characters like Rusty, Skids, Boom-Boom, Rictor and Shatterstar.

It would be good to see some of the characters who were in New X-Men (Kyle / Host) #20-46 again, as they all seem to be getting neglected.

New Mutants - X-Ambassadors
    • Dani Moonstar
    • Cannonball
    • Sunspot
    • Cypher
    • Warlock
    • Magma
    • Magik
    • Kitty Pryde

Facing growing discontent and repercussions from the global superhero community after the clashes of IvX and AvX. Kitty Pryde calls her upon her old friends - The New Mutants to become a kind of new 'Face' of the X-men and their relations with other factions, areas and teams of the Marvel Universe.

Avengers and Street Level Relations
    • Sunspot
    • Cannonball

Asgardian and Mythological Relations
    • Dani Moonstar
    • Wolfsbane

Technological, A.I., Galactic and Extraterrestrial Relations
    • Warlock
    • Cypher

Mystic, Supernatural and Magical Relations
    • Magik
    • Magma

Madripoor, Fantastic, Psychic and Spider Relations
    OPTIONAL: Alternate future relations
    • Nate Grey
    • Blink

Certain members would have additional domains - ie Warlock and Rahne would also deal with British Relations due to their time in Excalibur.
    They'd all help each other out with assignments and Kitty would assign then missions to meet up with and team up with other characters in the Marvel Universe.
    Kitty would also take charge of dealing with Inhumans directly, after everything that happened in IvX.
    Last edited by Xargukon; 07-18-2017 at 09:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    • Dani Moonstar
    • Cannonball
    • Sunspot
    • Cypher
    • Warlock
    • Magma
    • Magik
    • Kitty Pryde

Facing growing discontent and repercussions from the global superhero community after the clashes of IvX and AvX. Kitty Pryde calls her upon her old friends - The New Mutants to become a kind of new 'Face' of the X-men and their relations with other factions, areas and teams of the Marvel Universe.

• Sunspot
    • Cannonball

• Dani Moonstar
    • Wolfsbane

• Warlock
    • Cypher

• Magik
    • Magma

• Nate Grey
    • Blink

Certain members would have additional domains - ie Warlock and Rahne would also deal with British Relations due to their time in Excalibur.
    They'd all help each other out with assignments and Kitty would assign then missions to meet up with and team up with other characters in the Marvel Universe.
    Kitty would also take charge of dealing with Inhumans directly, after everything that happened in IvX.
    I really love this concept especially keeping the classic New Mutants together along with Kitty and branching them all out in divisions. What connection does Karma have to Spider Relations though?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I really love this concept especially keeping the classic New Mutants together along with Kitty and branching them all out in divisions. What connection does Karma have to Spider Relations though?
    In one of Karma's first appearances before New Mutants (Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 #100), she encountered the Fantastic Four and Spiderman, possessing the both of them at different parts of the issue. Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 #100
    Last edited by Xargukon; 07-18-2017 at 10:33 PM.

BANNED

In one of Karma's first appearances before New Mutants (Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 #100), she encountered the Fantastic Four and Spiderman, possessing the both of them at different parts of the issue. Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 #100
    Oh, I remember that, but I didn't think it would be enough to create a connection to the Spidey family. I would think that since Sam and Bobby both served as Avengers with Spider-Man in Hickman's Run, that they might be the better choices.

Oh, I remember that, but I didn't think it would be enough to create a connection to the Spidey family. I would think that since Sam and Bobby both served as Avengers with Spider-Man in Hickman's Run, that they might be the better choices.
    I /may/ have been trying to find a few things to buff up her portfolio, Karma doesn't really have much history outside of the X-Men from my memory.

how about some black members?
    your "signature"
    Mutant God
    is absolutely hilarious
    GrindrStone(D)

I know firestar wasn't a new mutant but she's got a lot of history which the them. I'd like her to join. Though it probably means sidelining magma.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

• Dani Moonstar
    • Cannonball
    • Sunspot
    • Cypher
    • Warlock
    • Magma
    • Magik
    • Kitty Pryde

• Sunspot
    • Cannonball

• Dani Moonstar
    • Wolfsbane

• Warlock
    • Cypher

• Magik
    • Magma

• Nate Grey
    • Blink

This sounds like real good . I buy it.

BANNED

I'd love to see Wolfsbane brought back because she hasn't been connected to the New Mutants in ages. Boom-Boom and Rictor as well. I'd also like to see Blink and X-Man since Blink was part of the Gen X age, and I think X-Man could benefit from being on a team of "youngsters" like him. Husk should also join as you said to be with her brother and I wouldn't mind if Jubilee did too, especially for her dynamic with Boom-Boom. I also wouldn't mind Dust, since I like her and she was part of the Age of X New Mutants team. Obviously, that would be way too many characters altogether, so some would have to be cut out, but I'd like to see anyone from this pool of characters.

I like Karma, but I always felt like she didn't fit much in the team. She was barely around for one, but also her age bracket was completely different from the others.
    Rahne back with the New Mutants would be awesome. I wonder if she'd retain the secondary mutations from Secret Empire. Boom-Boom I think should be in the next iteration of X-Force, alongside Cable, Domino, and Warpath. Blink should be in X-Force or X-Factor or Exiles I think. X-Man should be a co-star in Jean Grey or Cable in my opinion. Husk should be among the New Mutants for sure. Jubilee should just remain with Gen X I think, or maybe put her in Gold or something. It'd be wicked seeing Dust among the New Mutants, especially with that typical mentor dynamic that has previously seen Armor, Pixie, Jubilee, Shadowcat and Hope Summers getting trained by some of the best of the X-Men.

As for Karma, I've always had more of a disconnect with her character more so than any of the other New Mutants. I think of all of them she had the least development and I'd argue one of the most boring powers. I'd like to think she has gone back to training the youngest generation of mutants, those whose powers developed at a young age. I'm not sure that she's a necessary character for the New Mutants right now, especially since she isn't in the film either.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I would love to see some of these things resolved, or follow-up upon as well.

I would like Blink on the team again, along with Karma, Sunspot and Magma and Cannonball as a leader. Since Husk and Chamber don't have any interesting roles at the moment, I would like to see them on the team as well. Let's add Cipher, Hellion and Surge on it to make the team complete.

No Moonstar, Warlock, Cypher or Wolfsbane for me, never liked them much.
    I'd love such arcs to be recognized. I was reading Uncanny X-Men Quarantine yesterday too and realized Penny Newsom has never been seen again, despite having inhalers with mutant genome mimicry that would allow her to mimic the powers of Emma Frost and/or Jean Grey.

I doubt they'll pull Chamber over unless they cancel Gen X as he's a reoccurring character there. I'd rather Hellion or Surge get their own book with other X-kids. Dust would fit better, like in Age of X.

I wish Moonstar would get her powers back. Warlock and Cypher should merge like in Age of X, it'd make them a lot more interesting, to be honest. And I think Wolfsbane is great. As I said, I find Karma to be the most boring of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well actually (sorry it's really bugging me), the most iconic and longest running team of New Mutants are Dani Moonstar, Cannonball, Sunspot, Karma, Wolfsbane, Magma, Magik, Cypher, and Warlock. While I would love for Boom-Boom and Ric to come back, they belong on other teams IMO. Rictor on X-Factor (w/ Shattybuns) and Tabby on whatever team Warpath and Domino join.
    Well from what I know anyway. AFAIK Wolfsbane hasn't been with the New Mutants in quite some time. And it's been a few years since we've had any incarnation of the team. If we get an X-Force again at some point (perhaps when Cable and Weapon X finish?) then that's a good place for Boom-Boom. But she should be with Domino & Warpath and/or with Cannonball & Magik I think. Shatterstar & Rictor are one of those inseparable pairs. I'm surprised Cable's Newer New Mutants doesn't have the two of them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Like most have my favorites like Surge, Hollow, Mercury, Rockslide, Hellion, Anole, Hijack, Stepford sisters (maybe one of them trying to get away from Emma and others a little), Laura, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Armor, Bling and many others and sincerely good candidates are not lacking.

GX has its charm but it's not exactly what some expected so this is something that fans have been waiting for a long time.
    I love the X-kids, but I'd rather they get their own book rather than be assigned to the New Mutants.

Gen X certainly isn't what we were hoping for. The art really doesn't help. Nice to see Chamber and Jubilee be relevant, and it'd be cool if Banshee, Hollow and/or Husk were to show up given they were the original lineup. Mondo too since he was technically a member and Secret Empire confirmed he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would rather see the original New Mutants in a new X-Force series. Get them back to the more outsiders role doing their own thing apart from the X-Men. All of the originals have graduated beyond the New Mutants name. The title should be for the Gen X/Young X-Men/New Mutants (2nd group) kids now.
    I would divvy them between the two. As I've said, Boom-Boom, Domino, Warpath, Shatterstar and perhaps Blink or X-Man should go with Cable for the covert X-Force team, while the rest of the prominent members should be apart of the more public New Mutants. Doing away with the New Mutants name, especially so close to the film's release, is improbable and impractical. The X-kids should develop their own group name, should they form a functioning X-squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Team: Dani, Magik, Karma, Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane
    Artist: Walta
    Writer: Liu
    That's pretty fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    how about some black members?
    your "signature" is absolutely hilarious
    Oh thanks, I know the joke goes over most people's heads but I keep it just to show my hatred of the O5 concept/characters lol.

Mighty Member

Moonstar - Leader - repowered
    Cannonball - co leader
    Sunspot
    Cypher
    Wolfsbane
    Magma
    Blink
    Warlock