Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I liked him in the classic New Mutants, mainly from his interactions with everyone else like Kitty, Warlock, Illyana, Rahne, etc. Him taking an active role on the team though always seemed out of place, even now, despite the fact that he can use his linguistic skills to practice judo, etc.

Forget Kitty lol...I'd rather see Doug pine after Betsy some more. At least she had some feelings back and he's of legal age now.
    I'd just like some acknowledgement of any of Doug's past Relationships/love interests.
    Doug/Betsy was great and it was totally pining both ways. I'd definitely like this to be mentioned if the two bump into each other.
    Doug/Rahne haven't spoken since he returned, which is totally awkward.
    Doug/Kitty only really interacted briefly in Savage Wolverine since he came back without any acknowledgement of feels.
    Doug/Tarot or Roulette can't really happen anymore due to deadness.
    Doug/Illyana is one of those hinted at ones which I wouldn't object to honestly, given the two have a lot in common now.
    Doug/Dani is meh. I prefer her with other people much more and his crush on her in NMv3 seems quite forced to me.

Instead all we got was the rapey Danger scene in ANXF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    I'd just like some acknowledgement of any of Doug's past Relationships/love interests.
    Doug/Betsy was great and it was totally pining both ways. I'd definitely like this to be mentioned if the two bump into each other.
    Doug/Kitty only really interacted briefly in Savage Wolverine since he came back without any acknowledgement of feels.
    Doug/Illyana is one of those hinted at ones which I wouldn't object to honestly, given the two have a lot in common now.
    Doug/Dani is meh. I prefer her with other people much more and his crush on her in NMv3 seems quite forced to me.

I completely forgot how many potential love interests Doug had. I don't think Betsy even ever acknowledged Doug's death. And on top of that, has Rahne interacted with any of the New Mutants since she joined X-Factor/X-Force? I know Doug was part of the X-Force team in Second Coming but I don't remember if Rahne was still part of the team then.

I always wanted to see Dani with James Proudstar. We got hints of it back then but I don't think these two ever got much panel time after.

I completely forgot how many potential love interests Doug had. I don't think Betsy even ever acknowledged Doug's death. And on top of that, has Rahne interacted with any of the New Mutants since she joined X-Factor/X-Force? I know Doug was part of the X-Force team in Second Coming but I don't remember if Rahne was still part of the team then.

I always wanted to see Dani with James Proudstar. We got hints of it back then but I don't think these two ever got much panel time after.
    Yeah, Doug was a heartthrob who never knew it due to his self-doubt and low self esteem. Even if he encountered her on Utopia, Doug probably wouldn't have recognize Betsy at first. Seeing the whole bodyswap and ninja training came after his death, if Revanche was still around, it would be /very/ confusing for him.

Sadly no.
    Rahne left X-Force just before Doug joined.
    Psylocke joined X-Force just after Doug left.

Dani/James I like better than Dani/Doug for sure, but I'd be more interested in seeing the last surviving Hellions have a reunion and form a mini team (Empath, Warpath and Firestar) and appear in New Mutants V4.

BANNED

Yeah, Doug was a heartthrob who never knew it due to his self-doubt and low self esteem. Even if he encountered her on Utopia, Doug probably wouldn't have recognize Betsy at first. Seeing the whole bodyswap and ninja training came after his death, if Revanche was still around, it would be /very/ confusing for him.

Sadly no.
    Rahne left X-Force just before Doug joined.
    Psylocke joined X-Force just after Doug left.

Dani/James I like better than Dani/Doug for sure, but I'd be more interested in seeing the last surviving Hellions have a reunion and form a mini team (Empath, Warpath and Firestar) and appear in New Mutants V4.
    I forgot that Doug probably wouldn't even recognize Betsy at this point. It's been so long since the body swap that it's easy to forget that he just recently returned.

I'd want Magma as well on that team although she might make Firestar redundant then. Mainly, I want some resolution on Empath and Magma's relationship.

I forgot that Doug probably wouldn't even recognize Betsy at this point. It's been so long since the body swap that it's easy to forget that he just recently returned.

I'd want Magma as well on that team although she might make Firestar redundant then. Mainly, I want some resolution on Empath and Magma's relationship.
    That's why I feel like Resurrected Doug and Resurrected Illyana would have had a lot in common in their early utopia appearances together.
    They'd both be in the same boat of being 'brought back but not really being the same person who you were before' with evil tendencies.

I don't put much attention on Empath's relationships with anyone, due to his rocky track record with manipulating people.
    Not sure if Mephisto or Empath is worse for Amara.

BANNED

That's why I feel like Resurrected Doug and Resurrected Illyana would have had a lot in common in their early utopia appearances together.
    They'd both be in the same boat of being 'brought back but not really being the same person who you were before' with evil tendencies.

I don't put much attention on Empath's relationships with anyone, due to his rocky track record with manipulating people.
    Not sure if Mephisto or Empath is worse for Amara.
    Maybe Doug will get a push in the comics if he makes it into the movies. I find it hard to believe that they'd use Warlock without Doug in there somewhere, so he might be a supporting character who is not part of the active team. I can definitely see Doug and Illyana having a lot in common after everything you've said.

I always wanted to see Empath on the New Mutants team because I think his presence alone could set off the entire dynamic. I also liked how ambiguous it was if he was manipulating Amara or not. I really despise him though after what he did to Tom and Sharon (if anyone ever remembers those two lol). I completely forgot that Mephisto and Amara had a thing...I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Maybe Doug will get a push in the comics if he makes it into the movies. I find it hard to believe that they'd use Warlock without Doug in there somewhere, so he might be a supporting character who is not part of the active team. I can definitely see Doug and Illyana having a lot in common after everything you've said.

I always wanted to see Empath on the New Mutants team because I think his presence alone could set off the entire dynamic. I also liked how ambiguous it was if he was manipulating Amara or not. I really despise him though after what he did to Tom and Sharon (if anyone ever remembers those two lol). I completely forgot that Mephisto and Amara had a thing...I'd prefer to keep it that way.
    Quite a few people around here started shipping 'Ramsputin' when the X-Men Kissing cover was released showing them kissing, from memory Fokken was quite the fan of it.
    It could really add an interesting dynamic and I feel like it'd be great for all the interconnected relationships between Kitty, Colossus, Magik and Doug.

I was quite disappointed when I heard Cypher wasn't going to be in the movie, but given its going for the horror movie kind of vibe, I'm sure if they put him in they'd probably just kill him off for effect. So I'm glad in a way.

Mephisto/Amara was a bit strange, but so was Empath/Amara so idk. A proper Empath redemption arc could be good. You could have him start to date Firestar and follow Amara's reaction to that.

BANNED

Quite a few people around here started shipping 'Ramsputin' when the X-Men Kissing cover was released showing them kissing, from memory Fokken was quite the fan of it.
    It could really add an interesting dynamic and I feel like it'd be great for all the interconnected relationships between Kitty, Colossus, Magik and Doug.

I was quite disappointed when I heard Cypher wasn't going to be in the movie, but given its going for the horror movie kind of vibe, I'm sure if they put him in they'd probably just kill him off for effect. So I'm glad in a way.

Mephisto/Amara was a bit strange, but so was Empath/Amara so idk. A proper Empath redemption arc could be good. You could have him start to date Firestar and follow Amara's reaction to that.
    I never realized that was Doug kissing Illyana. I wonder if Kitty was jealous and if she was, who she was jealous of lol.

Has Cypher been confirmed to not be in the film at all or not to be part of the team? I think Karma isn't part of the team but she's in the film.

I think Empath used his powers on Firestar once so there would be precedent for a relationship.

I never realized that was Doug kissing Illyana. I wonder if Kitty was jealous and if she was, who she was jealous of lol.

Has Cypher been confirmed to not be in the film at all or not to be part of the team? I think Karma isn't part of the team but she's in the film.

I think Empath used his powers on Firestar once so there would be precedent for a relationship.
    Exactly! It's like her two best friend getting together, it'd leave her feeling very left out imo. And probably very jealous of both if you subscribe to the Illyana/Kitty subtext from the claremont era.
    Not to mention Colossus now gets to hate Doug all over again for dating his snowflake sister.

As far as I'm aware, there has been no mention of Doug at all in the casting process.

I mean as far as the Hellions go, we saw them blown up by the Warlock Missiles in Necrosha, but given their Zombie Techno-organic nature at the time, it's possible that they could have reformed and survived and be out there somewhere.
    Have Empath suddenly sense their presence and wants to redeem himself and find and help them. Firestar & Warpath are sent along as babysitters to keep him on track, then maybe relationships grow or something?

BANNED

Exactly! It's like her two best friend getting together, it'd leave her feeling very left out imo. And probably very jealous of both if you subscribe to the Illyana/Kitty subtext from the claremont era.
    Not to mention Colossus now gets to hate Doug all over again for dating his snowflake sister.

As far as I'm aware, there has been no mention of Doug at all in the casting process.

I mean as far as the Hellions go, we saw them blown up by the Warlock Missiles in Necrosha, but given their Zombie Techno-organic nature at the time, it's possible that they could have reformed and survived and be out there somewhere.
    Have Empath suddenly sense their presence and wants to redeem himself and find and help them. Firestar & Warpath are sent along as babysitters to keep him on track, then maybe relationships grow or something?
    I'm surprised X-Men Gold didn't include Illyana in the roster. Besides the fact that she has major connections with Kitty, Ororo, Kurt, and Piotr, but also because I always wanted to see her and Rachel fight each other for the coveted position of Kitty's BFF/soulmate. Doug would be a great addition to this team as well then with Illyana.

I was never a big fan of the Hellions myself but I know a lot of people thought killing them off was wasted potential. Maybe they could get a revival after the New Mutants movie since they were always their most frequent foes.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Who would you want in the team?
    Hellion
    Surge
    Dust
    Rockslide
    Elixir
    Armor
    Danni Moonstar
    Cypher& Warlock (join later)

Who should be the writer?
    James Asmus. He handles assemble casts pretty well. Has great humor. Editor: Claremont or Fabien.

What should be the team premise or mission statement?
    The best way to do this would be to somehow mimic the approach of Gen-X. Spin it out of a crossover or larger story. Have these New X-Men band together for something outside of their control, risk life and limb for one-another, bond and then have a disagreement with the main branch of the X-Men’s views or actions during said story which drives the group to decide to leave. Danni could have been there the entire time and decides to leave with the group to keep them safe and provide some direction, besides she hasn’t been around, so her absence wouldn’t disrupt anything in operations like it would be losing one of the main members. Their group journey of “self-discovery” lands them on the half-sunken Utopia. They essentially become the X-Men’s action group on the West coast. I'd want the plot to go dark but not "heavy". I don't want this to be X-Men Jr or Generation-X. Have their own rogue's gallery spun out of developed villains from the X-Men catalogue and go from there. There's a reason I included a high-level healer like Elixir on the cast.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-21-2017 at 04:35 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

#RAMSPUTIN FOR LIFE!!!

http://dailydamnation.tumblr.com/pos...s-writer-niels

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    But-- Fokken-- You draw. And you draw like this. And you don't tell. I mean-- I haven't finished your story and I have to post because-- Damn. O_o

I'm surprised X-Men Gold didn't include Illyana in the roster. Besides the fact that she has major connections with Kitty, Ororo, Kurt, and Piotr, but also because I always wanted to see her and Rachel fight each other for the coveted position of Kitty's BFF/soulmate. Doug would be a great addition to this team as well then with Illyana.
    I'd love to see Doug cameo in Gold, but given that it's pretty apparent that the writer ships Colossus x Kitty, I doubt it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I knew you'd show up!

Haven't seen you post any Ramsputin in a while though...

If Ramsputin became canon or that kissing cover was to be taken seriously, that'd mean doug has been paired with 4/6 of the new mutant generation.
    Dani, Rahne, Illyana, Kitty.
    Doug's not Karma's type - that means obviously Amara/Doug is destined to show up in the next ongoing.

BANNED

If Ramsputin became canon or that kissing cover was to be taken seriously, that'd mean doug has been paired with 4/6 of the new mutant generation.
    Dani, Rahne, Illyana, Kitty.
    Doug's not Karma's type - that means obviously Amara/Doug is destined to show up in the next ongoing.
    Doug and Dani had a thing too? Wow, they love to pass that boy around.