Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Is Glow from Quincredible a character that was introduced in another book or was she just from Quincredble?
    Not sure and would need to double-check to be positive, but I think she's an original character from Quincredible.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Is Glow from Quincredible a character that was introduced in another book or was she just from Quincredble?
    She was introduced in that series. I believe, if I recall, she will be a regular character. I recall hearing that, but not sure where, may have been on twitter lol.

Also looks like the new cover artist for issue 15 and 16 of Summit is Ariela Kristantina! She's very talented, so I can't wait to see more. (Side note, she is also going to be the artist on Humanoids H1 series Omni, which I'm looking forward too). Here is a preview for cover 15 and 16, off of her IG.

15:45322423_511813975979423_5909923469094397676_n.jpg
    16: 49751096_1111713185655968_4305054222237370773_n.jpg

They look great! Can't wait to see the whole thing!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-09-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Screenshot_20190111-162251_kindlephoto-320921359.jpg
    Look what Gail tweeted! Looks like we will be getting more then just her new female hero! Can't wait! Hopefully we learn more in the April solicitations!

IMG_20190111_095829.jpgIMG_20190111_095826.jpg
    Also check out this heartfelt reunion preview, from the upcoming issue 12 of Summit! Can't wait!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-11-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Screenshot_20190111-162251_kindlephoto-320921359.jpg
    Look what Gail tweeted! Looks like we will be getting more then just her new female hero! Can't wait! Hopefully we learn more in the April solicitations!

IMG_20190111_095829.jpgIMG_20190111_095826.jpg
    Also check out this heartfelt reunion preview, from the upcoming issue 12 of Summit! Can't wait!
    Awesome! Looking forward to what's to come!

Out today, Summit #12 and Superb #16! Both issues were fantastic! I can't wait for the next issue of Summit! Amy is leading up to something good, I can tell!

large-7448042.jpglarge-5453828.jpg

What did you guys think?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-16-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Superb has been so gripping and real for me! It's definitely a teen hero book that I feel deserves more notice and positive attention from readers who are fans of teen hero fiction. The last arc was something else; it was good to see Jonah start solidifying himself and his ideals, despite everything he went through. (Jonah having to fight the ever-present cynicism of those around him has been a recurring theme in Superb.) And Kayla's journey has been just as powerful in its own way.

spoilers:
    And that Cipher kid... He was a lowdown one. A hypocrite, too. He chastises Jonah and the others for "playing Superhero", yet all the while, it's obvious that he himself is playing out the dark fantasy of being the "bad-a" dark villain protagonist of his own video game/shonen/seinen manga.
    end of spoilers

Haven't read today's issue yet, but did read the last one. Start of a new arc and a new mystery. Like with the last arc transition, there's a indeterminate time jump and it starts in medias res. Kayla and the other non-Jonah characters are nowhere to be found (outside Jonah's parents in the patented flashbacks). Jonah's with a new crew: he's technically leading them, but not officially; one, Logan who is the only named one, is a jerk, and the other 2 kids come off as insincere flakes. They all want to benefit from Jonah's experience, aptitude, competence, and dedication, but none want to acknowledge the debt of allegiance they owe Jonah for following and benefiting his lead. Even the girl who tells Logan off for his trashiness comes off as only doing so because she knows it's wrong, but not actually caring enough to put her foot down or stick by Jonah (and clinging to him when she's freaked out doesn't count).

spoilers:
    That young kid they found blatantly kissing Jonah in joy was a surprise, though! They even lingered for two whole panels for emphasis. That might have been Jonah's first kiss, too. I wonder if the kid's meant to be a boy, a girl, or otherwise? They left that pretty vague.
    end of spoilers

Looking forward to what happens next!

Really liked the first issue of Quincredible, going to keep following it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Really liked the first issue of Quincredible, going to keep following it.
    Agreed! It's a very fun series! Quinn is very likable, and the writing and art is fantastic! I love how many different kinds of stories can be told in CPU.
    Pulls:

Quincredible #3 was fantastic! I'm really enjoying that series, and I love Glow, she's really cool!
    Pulls:

Here is a little sneak peak at something cool, it seems like the knee of the new female hero Gail is working on,and that based on what Gail is saying, we will learn more soon! I can't wait! It's not much, but I like the color scheme haha!

IMG_20190128_185624.jpgScreenshot_20190128-185638_kindlephoto-41266164.jpg
    Pulls:

Out today! Noble issue #15! It was fantastic issue. If you are a fan of this universe, you're going to want to read this issue, it has a special guest star!
    Pulls:

Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Out today! Noble issue #15! It was fantastic issue. If you are a fan of this universe, you're going to want to read this issue, it has a special guest star!
    Awesome! Looks like it'll have some much needed father/son bonding time (I hope)!

Astonishing Member

Arturo/Aturo Assante, eh?

large-6390079.jpg

Out today! Great issue, got to see his powers grow! Looking forward to see how this arc ends!
    Pulls: