Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So,Gail went on a Twitter push for Summit, saying it's her favorite, which is cool. Showed off some new art, and said that Val is very important to what she is working on right now for CPU. How cool! Love her getting Gails support! Haven't picked up yesterday's issues yet, but will soon!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So,Gail went on a Twitter push for Summit, saying it's her favorite, which is cool. Showed off some new art, and said that Val is very important to what she is working on right now for CPU. How cool! Love her getting Gails support! Haven't picked up yesterday's issues yet, but will soon!
    Does Gail have some favoritism for Summit? It seems like she always pushing that book ahead of the others. Don't get me wrong it's a good book but I was under the impression that Noble was the lead book as it was the one that launched the entire Catalyst line. Maybe Gail is trying to position Summit as the lead title but to me that falls to Noble. More of the world building seems to come from that book and David is essentially that world's Superman. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am. Catalyst has given us some great books and I'm looking forward to what they have coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Does Gail have some favoritism for Summit? It seems like she always pushing that book ahead of the others. Don't get me wrong it's a good book but I was under the impression that Noble was the lead book as it was the one that launched the entire Catalyst line. Maybe Gail is trying to position Summit as the lead title but to me that falls to Noble. More of the world building seems to come from that book and David is essentially that world's Superman. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am. Catalyst has given us some great books and I'm looking forward to what they have coming up.
    The way that Gail put it in an article once is that she sees Noble, Summit and Accell as the trinity of the CPU (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are the Trinity btw). It seems that Noble may be the kinda Superman of the CPU, like the first hero of their universe. So you're right. Noble was also the lead title of the line, you're right, and that's not changing. Gail gets excited about all the titles, but based on the tweets from a few days ago, yeah, it seems like Summit may be one of her favorites, but don't worry, I don't think Val is taking David's spot or anything. Just that everyone has a favorite, I guess. But she's also gone on rants about Superb and Quin, and talked about how great those are, as well. But I would say it also looks like a lot of world building is in Summit too, based on the current stuff, it looks like Val is going to be the one investigating The Event, which does seem important. So, Noble is the Superman, as Summit is Wonder Woman. Both important to the world in different ways, I guess.

In other Summit news, Gail also shared a panel which seems to be part of a dream Val is having! I'm loving the art!

We also got shown the missing Noble and Summit covers, which look fantastic!

The reason for the size difference is because I was able to get the normal size Summit cover from them, while the Noble one was off of there Twitter haha.

Lastly, the Facebook group I made got a shout out from Gail and CPUs official Twitter! It was an exciting morning for me lol. (If you haven't joined yet, link is in my sig lol. They got super active on Twitter today, replying the retweeting a bunch! It was awesome!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 09-21-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Pulls:

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

It looks like they final got a proper social media team now.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    That and/or they are making more proper use/giving more emphasis of said social media team.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That and/or they are making more proper use/giving more emphasis of said social media team.
    Its only been recent that its replied to tweets, before it was just simple once a week tweet outs. Regardless, its nice to see it being used to interact with fans.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    Yeah! I think that's awesome! They even tweeted today. I'm glad they're going to have a higher social media presence. It always feels good, as a fan, to hear from them and to chat with them!
    Pulls:

Finally got to read Accell 14 and Astonisher 10. My shop is a week behind for some reason, so don't have Summit 9 or the latest Superb yet.

Astonisher 10 was fantastic. Love the new arcs direction so far. Looks like it has a connection to Summit 9 with that 99 guy, not sure who he is. Have we seen him before?

Accell was also great, can't wait to see who the new suits are and who they work for lol.

Looking forward to getting this week's stuff, soon, I hope.
    Pulls:

So I'm all caught up on everything now, thank god haha.

Summit #9: A great ending to the current season! I can't wait to see where it goes. Some exciting stuff is going on and I can't wait till next arc to learn more about The Event. The art was amazing as always and complements Amy's writing, which is also great!

Superb #13: Great world building issue! A lot of foresight stuff happening in this series. It's been fantastic!

Incidentals #12: Wow! This was a fantastic issue! This arc has really found itself! This series keeps getting better. The art was fantastic and the story was too. Loving the villain too.

Also, I made a Summit button, with plans for more soon. I made a tweet and also Gail got excited and retweeted it!

I noticed I put Any and not Amy, dang typos!

Also, if join the Facebook group, I'm planning a giveaway soonish haha.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 09-27-2018 at 01:24 AM.
    Pulls:

Nice job on the button, can’t imagine how much work that must have taken.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I won’t be there, but is Lions Forge/Catalyst Prime scheduled to be at NYCC this coming weekend cause I’d be interested to see if they have any announcements like their event or whatever.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I won’t be there, but is Lions Forge/Catalyst Prime scheduled to be at NYCC this coming weekend cause I’d be interested to see if they have any announcements like their event or whatever.
    That would be a good time to announce them as a pre-hype, I'd imagine.

Nothing to specific but it looks like Lion Forge will be there so we wait and see.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42089-lion...018-plans.html
    Words to live by.

Sorry it's been awhile.

Noble #12 came out today!
    This was a great issue! If you like Lorena or Astrid, you will love this issue!

And speaking of Lorena
    CPU insider shared this bit of info today! I hope Gail is working on this one! Gail said her project was a bit like Clean Room (a project she made). So maybe it stars Lorena hunting down Enhanced people? I'm excited to see and learn more!

Off you don't follow CPU Insider of Twitter, you're missing some cool stuff. I try to keep up and post on the Facebook group, if you don't have Twitter haha.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 10-03-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    Pulls:

Astonisher's new arc is interesting but jarring to read.