Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Milestone 2.0? Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime

http://www.cbr.com/catalyst-prime-li...ble-interview/

have you guys heard of this, a new comic book universe with a focus on diversity

Has anyone read the first series, Noble yet? what are your thoughts on it and this Catalyst Prime project?

Astonishing Member

Indeed I have. and so far have been enjoying both Noble, as well as the first issue of Accell.

Noble is excellent. Real quality writing and art. My absolute favorite book.
    Accell is Ok. Very kinetic art. The way his speed is handled is quite interesting.
    Looking forward to Superb which just came out

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Noble is excellent. Real quality writing and art. My absolute favorite book.
    Accell is Ok. Very kinetic art. The way his speed is handled is quite interesting.
    Looking forward to Superb which just came out
    I agree with you on Noble.

Regarding Accell, I enjoy the sheer earnestness of the story so far of a young man, 20 years of age and still very much a kid at heart, gaining powers and choosing to use them the way he feels he should, along with any and all consequences of that choice. There is a sincerity in the presentation that really draws me in. The kinetic artstyle is one of the elements of that presentation, but it's that, together with the others, including Daniel's narration, that brings everything home for me.

Accell only has about half of Noble's issue count right now, but I feel it shouldn't be discounted. I also need to check out Superb, which hopefully I will be able to.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-20-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Read Superb. Never thought I'd see a new style of powerset. Catalyst Prime so far is knocking it out the park.

Mighty Member

I think it's a bit overhyped atm, but it's worth checking out. It's far too early for any sort of definite criticism. Noble is definitely the way to go as far as which ongoing to pick up if you were only going to try one the three out right now, but The Event is what has stuck with me the most. A lot of interesting groundwork there.