Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

I'm curious about the new character Ms. Simone mentioned in the interview. The one that scares/creep people out even as she saves them. Something about that description really intrigues me.

I'm hoping one of the new characters debuting in Seven Days is South Asian.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Ah, didn't recognize KINO.

Hope it isn't Superb, honestly, as that's my teen-hero book of choice, and I'd miss the Incidentals, too, what with it being the only straightforward team book of the bunch (though Superb has elements of a team book as well). Another point against Superb ending is that is kind of fills a niche no other book fills. Not consistently as one of its main premises at least.

Noble, Accell, and Summit, being designated as the Catalyst Prime's heroic Power Trio are likely here to stay. Quincredible is too new compared to anything else, so I think that book is safe. KINO's new status quo seems like something they'd want to continue exploring. That would leave Astonisher and the Incidentals, though.
    That was a book that was around before Lion Forge even started.

With the way the book ended I am not sure if that was it for him.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That was a book that was around before Lion Forge even started.

With the way the book ended I am not sure if that was it for him.
    Do you mean the digital series they had? That kinda spun into what CPU became. But the new Quin is different and in a different world.

Also, it looks like maybe Incidentals could be one of titles to go after Seven Days in October. I was chatting with the writers:

Looks like they may show up in some form, maybe somewhat different. But it looks like Ramon is very dedicated to keep those characters alive. Incidentals ended up being one of my favorite titles, with great characters and writing.

No matter what, I'm excited for Seven Days, in October!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 05-11-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Here is the new dates for Seven Days! I've been told by Gail and Lion Forge that it was pushed because they're adding more to the story, so that's exciting!

60591397_10156743182296359_6067782577194795008_n.jpg
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Here is the new dates for Seven Days! I've been told by Gail and Lion Forge that it was pushed because they're adding more to the story, so that's exciting!
    That is exciting! I'm glad to hear the delay wasn't because of something more serious.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Hey everyone! Here is a link to an awesome interview I was lucky to be asked to do! It's from two days ago, during SDCC'19. We learn a bit of new stuff too, like Moonrise's powers, and who Gail is writing after Seven Days.

http://www.comiccatalyst.home.blog/s...one-interview/

I'm so interested in Moonrise! Her power sounds amazing! Tillian sounds great too! Can't wait for more info!
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Nice to hear some news; it's been a little bit!

Cool that'd you were in a position to get to do an interview, too!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nice to hear some news; it's been a little bit!

Cool that'd you were in a position to get to do an interview, too!
    Yeah, I'm very lucky that I've made the connections I've made haha. And yeah, I was happy to get news out to you guys. Lion Forge and Gail are extremely passionate about CPU, and that was clear from all the hanging out and talking I did with the staff during SDCC. But I'm excited for the future! And of course, I'll share any news I get!
    Pulls:

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Hey everyone! Here is a link to an awesome interview I was lucky to be asked to do! It's from two days ago, during SDCC'19. We learn a bit of new stuff too, like Moonrise's powers, and who Gail is writing after Seven Days.

http://www.comiccatalyst.home.blog/s...one-interview/

I'm so interested in Moonrise! Her power sounds amazing! Tillian sounds great too! Can't wait for more info!
    That was a great interview! I'm excited about everything Gail said here and both those characters sound amazing.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm thinking into dabbling in Lion Forge seriously (I did read some of their early books, but didn't really wanted to truly dedicate myself back then).

Any advice on where to start, knowing that mysteries and politically charged plots appeal to me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm thinking into dabbling in Lion Forge seriously (I did read some of their early books, but didn't really wanted to truly dedicate myself back then).

Any advice on where to start, knowing that mysteries and politically charged plots appeal to me ?
    Maybe wait for Simone's Seven Days and see who appeals to you then? That's the big universe changing crossover scheduled to come out in a few months.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

It's been a minute for me, and I'm not too familiar with the digital set-up or trades, but here's something until someone else comes by. Also, not sure if you want to dive in deep. (I'll try not to presume and outright say "Get everything! They're all worth it on their own levels of their own merits in their on way!" as best I can avoid.)

Start with Catalyst Prime: The Event. It's the universe's starting point and sets up the premise while also teasing and briefly showcasing a handful of its recurring players and elements. Intrigue and a certainly level of ambiance-level uncertainty is also established towards the end. This recurs in different levels throughout all the books, even the more technically lighthearted and more personal and detached ones. (Also, not sure how you're about line-wide continuity; its there, more noticeable in some books than others, but each book really does its own thing, albeit without contradicting any others.)

Following that, and keeping your want of "mystery and politically charged plots" in mind as best I can, Noble is definitely the obvious next step. There's also a sense of "importance" or so, since it contains a handful of Event's characters as its leads and recurrers in its pages, and the book's lead is very clearly advertised to be a big cogwheel in the upcoming event story.

After that, it gets more open ended, with stories worth checking out for their own sakes, in my opinion. Which one's will be your cup of tea depends (again, trying not to be blatant, and also not to presume based on the comic threads I've seen you follow in the past). KINO has, in addition to its more personal plot with its lead, political backdrops of a part of the Catalyst Prime world as a secondary/background plot that becomes more and more in the open as it goes on. It also has its own elements of mystery in relation to both of its plot lines.

Astonisher follows a similar trend, but it is more of a personal focus on its lead and their life, and less so on the outside elements. I feel its worth a read for its own merits, but perhaps give it a consideration/try if and when you're ready to delve deeper. While there are no "bad" books in the universe, Astonisher is probably one of the more dynamic as far as opinions and personal takeaways on it; as mentioned, it's really a character study of its lead and their surrounding life (which is true of all the books, really), so it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I do recommend giving it a try and sticking with it, if not right at the start then in a deeper perusal of the CP Universe.

Summit follows a similar personal lead-emphasis as Astonisher, but in a way that's also different from the Astonisher's lead. The book also comes to incorporate more of the CP's growing mythos to its pages as its story goes on. One of the CP Universe's most fervent fans, and frequenter of this thread, loves the book and highly recommends it. After Noble and KINO, I would definitely consider giving this one a try, too. (And for what it's worth, some of the creative higher-ups for the CP Universe consider this book's lead to be one of the three big faces of the CP Universe, a belief that ties into a seemingly high level of importance in the upcoming event, based on teased pages and the like.)

Next up is Accell. This book is pretty layered as far its portrayal goes. It's pretty fun, kinetic and energetic in its lead, the book's artstyle, and its overall feel. It's also not afraid to keep itself and its lead diverse in style, meaning it's not as straightforward a book as it seems to be. Likewise, its lead and their powers are not as straightforward and "mundane" (for lack of a better way to put it) as they appear. There's a serious long-term mystery as to what, precisely, are the lead's powers and what, exactly, they can do. Though I need to catch-up in the actual issues, this book is one of my favorites in a line I wholly enjoy. It's arguably one of the most detached and "in its own little world" among the current books (which is not a slight against Accell). Though, following a trend, more of the wider CP Universe starts to seep in, given time, and there's a possibility that some of the book's seemingly disparate elements might have more of a wider connection unveiled later on. (Accell's lead, along with the respective leads of Noble and Summit, are currenty considered to be the CP Universe's trifecta of heroic leads, again, for whatever that may be worth to you, personally.)

Then there's Incidentals, the line's only official team book (so far). Like Accell, it does its own thing, albeit in a way that really implies a more grand design. Another of my faves among faves, the biggest boon to this book is the interpersonal intrigue of the book's decidedly different and disparate cast. They all have a fated connection to each other (with how and when they each gained their powers), and they need to come together for the better good of all, but they're also a decidedly disparate group of people who start off not knowing each other and who find it very difficult to bring themselves to care enough to learn about one another and come to the point where they're a true team. And I must restate that this interpersonal intrigue is the big draw of Incidentals, as well as whatever may be destined to come their way in the future (more of an underground myth arc). Technically also a more dynamically received book, I highly recommend it, especially if you like interpersonal people-drama and team books.

The second to last book and another personal favorite of mine is Superb. This is one of two teen books (three counting Accell, kindasorta). It's also an unofficial team book, too, but the big focus lies in the alternating focus of two leads. This, for a number of reasons, often inches its way to the top of my favorites among favorites list, partly because it's an unabashed teen book. But this is also because of how it presents itself. It's very real-world, and when you come down to it, it can be pretty dark, though not depressing, because there's always a light of optimism thanks to the charisma of one of Superb's two lead characters. It gives the book a very human nature to it that makes it both unique and very omni-relatable. It also carries quite a bit of CP Universe tie-ins and intrigue (like Noble and KINO). Each arc presents its own mysteries that add to the universal mythos and drive its leads, and one of the Catalyst Prime's biggest recurring elements finds a permanent home in Superb (one word; Foresight). Like, Korath, I think you may really enjoy this book (please pardon any presumptions on my part). It's hard to describe Superb and what makes it so superb without going into detail on the story.

Finally, there's Quincredible. It's the newest entry to the 'verse, and it's also the most consistently lighthearted thus far. Not much I can say of it now, because I'm shamefully behind, but it's a fun solo teen-hero book. It makes for a nice palate cleanser, if you will.

Astonishing Member

I spent about two hours typing all that...

So, keeping as best to your criteria as I can, in a rough but not strict (or strictly accurate) order:

Catalyst Prime: Event, first.

Then Noble right after.

Then KINO and Summit following.

Then Superb (perhaps consider bumping this up after Noble/prior to KINO and Summit, especialy if you really like teen-hero stories; it may flow better that way, too) and, if you like interpersonal intrigue stories, Incidentals.

Finally, but by no means least, Accell and Astonisher for their own character studies and the cool stuff they bring to the Catalyast Prime Universe, and Quincredible for a generally consistently lighthearted, fun, teen-hero palate cleanser of a book.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-06-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Man, you've killed it.

I'll definitively try to find all those on Comixology, to make use of the lowered price there, for starter. And if I really like this, well, I'll get them damn Paperback !

I've binge read Noble and KINO and damn were those two series awesome ! I particularly love KINO's depiction of creeping fascism and how the lead is clearly manipulated into being a part of atrocious movements and ideas and yet genuinely seems to be a good man.

But so far, I really can't get Lorena Payan. What does she wants, damn it ? She clearly cares for Astrid and the children near the main Foresight, but she helped wreck the UK's democracy and instate a fascist state with a super-powered militia and monstrously deformed peoples turned aberrations. And she clearly orchestrated the whole Catalyst Event and didn't hesitate to kill someone she cared about to prevent the truth from getting out. Really, I can't grasp my head around it.

But I really love this universe. Damn I wish I was an author, so I could postulate to take part in it, because it gives me so many ideas for potential stories !

But I need to read all of their books first.