Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Astonisher's new arc is interesting but jarring to read.
    If it's the arc being written by Christopher Priest? If so, then yeah, his stuff does tend to be a little jarring to read due to his preference toward storytelling in anachronistic order. He was part of the team that made the line-wide prelude issue, which also did similar back and forth jumping with timestamped letter box headings.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11-08-2018 at 06:43 PM.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Nice. Quincredible seems to be coming along nice. Looking forward to trying it out.

(I feel so behind.)

I totally get it, I really enjoy these series but I’ve been slowly following along in trade when I can.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I totally get it, I really enjoy these series but I’ve been slowly following along in trade when I can.
    It's mostly due to the general lack of the free time I once had (focusing on school things right now). I still love this line, but I have a bit of catching up to do with most the books.

I read the Catalyst prime one-shot finally. It's a bit much as Priest's non linearity can be too jarring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read the Catalyst prime one-shot finally. It's a bit much as Priest's non linearity can be too jarring.
    Yep, like I said above on this page. Apparently, it's how he writes, and it can be kind of frustrating, depending on how he goes about it in a given work.

I think it works better in the one-shot for atmospheric purposes, since that's just a single issue, so it can benefit from the uniqueness without being bogged down by repeated usage of this method. But it can feel tedious in serial ongoing works.

The new issue of Astonisher is still jarring but it had more engaging emotional material between Magnus and Drew.

Edit-Quincredible was pretty fun.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-29-2018 at 09:07 AM.

March solicitations are out for lions forge, unfortunately the cover art is not up so...if you follow the link all you get is the blurb. Still it’s something

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...solicitations/
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

March solicitations are out for lions forge, unfortunately the cover art is not up so...if you follow the link all you get is the blurb. Still it’s something

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...solicitations/
    That'll happen sometimes. Usually, another site that shows solicitations will have images, like Newsrama.

Quincredible is really good. Lion Forge is putting out some great books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Quincredible is really good. Lion Forge is putting out some great books.
    Heh, I always did like the premise. I'm happy to hear it is going over well with other readers!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Hey guys! I'm back, and healthy! I had to deal with some health problems, but I'm all caught up! I stayed an active support in Twitter, so much that the CPU Twitter knows me by name, check it out!

Screenshot_20190104-150807.jpg

They even tagged me in a tweet with a look at the cover for Summit! And we also got a look at the other covers as well! You can head over to their Twitter to get a better look! I can only post two of them, unfortunately lol!
    DwGdz1dX0AEBr-r.jpgDwGaQdIXcAAt0DP.jpg

These two are my favorite covers for March, but they are all fantastic!

Anyways, I'm glad to be back!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-04-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member

Happy hear you're health's good again!

Is Glow from Quincredible a character that was introduced in another book or was she just from Quincredble?