Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-ca...nes-seven-days

Some more info about Seven Days as Syfywire talks to Gail Simone again.
    Nice to have some new info. It had been a bit radio-silent since SDCC.

Just finished reading Incidentals and once again, i'm leaving the title on a rather mixed feeling. I find that things move too quickly, the teams never got the chance to solidify or anything, and I never managed to recognize the girls there.

there is some good ideas, such as a form of magic preceding the meteors, using that one dude from KINO as an antagonist again but... yeah, I don't know. Not too hot on this one, really.

Plus, I'm starting to be really disturbed by the over-use of wealthy businessmen/women in every title, or Harvard scientists, etc. Like, where ae the normal guys ? The little guys fighting for a better future ?

So far, the Catalyst Prime Universe started really strong, but the last two titles really felt as if it was pettering out, and it makes me sad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Just finished reading Incidentals and once again, i'm leaving the title on a rather mixed feeling. I find that things move too quickly, the teams never got the chance to solidify or anything, and I never managed to recognize the girls there.

there is some good ideas, such as a form of magic preceding the meteors, using that one dude from KINO as an antagonist again but... yeah, I don't know. Not too hot on this one, really.

Plus, I'm starting to be really disturbed by the over-use of wealthy businessmen/women in every title, or Harvard scientists, etc. Like, where ae the normal guys ? The little guys fighting for a better future ?

So far, the Catalyst Prime Universe started really strong, but the last two titles really felt as if it was pettering out, and it makes me sad.
    Woah, again, sorry to here that.

The Incidentals, in particular, is one my favorites, because of how ragtag the group is. They do gel, or at least try to (the whole beach moment in #9, the "mini-golf session in the next arc, and stuff), and it's kinda realistic how hard it is to gel sometimes. That said, in the arc beginning in #10 when they start calling themselves the Incidentals and begin putting themselves out there in a non-covert fashion, the events that culminate from that arc is when we really see them begin to gain cohesion. It's not coincidence that this is also the time when Marko and Bo first express their feelings to each other.

As for the wealth of wealthy or very well-off persons and the like, I admit that I that is something I had not cognitively realized. Or, rather, it is something I realized, but accepted, because that's what made sense for the stories that had them (an assertion made by the writers et al who created them that, in my opinion, can agree with). I'd say it lies between coincidence and/or just a recurring underlying theme (among the books' other such themes). Further, I guess it's not something I really take issue with, so that's why I never had any fundamental problems with it (despite being one of the farthest things from any of these characters who are financially well-off).

Quincredible should fill this, if such is something you're really looking for, though. Also the leads of Superb, especially the family of the male lead. (Both books follow unambiguous teens, which might be why.) And just to clarify, only Marko and Bo really fit the criteria among the good-guys in Incidentals. The others are more among the normal guys fighting for a better future, or their circumstances aren't elaborated on to degree where they can be analyzed in that fashion.

Just read the first issue of Seven Days and man, I was so taken by this ! Now that's some incredible stuff right here !

It's pretty good and I liked the surprise of who Celina's friend was. I'm curious about where the next issue goes.

Based on the most recent responses I might give this book a shot.

I liked ACCELL and SUMMIT. INCIDENTALS was okay. I thought the line showed promise as a whole, even is I wasn’t interested in all books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Just read the first issue of Seven Days and man, I was so taken by this ! Now that's some incredible stuff right here !
    It came out today?

Issue 2 came out yesterday and i dug it.

Astonishing Member

I order my comics online and looked for this line under Lion Forge and Catalyst but couldn't find either. What publisher is the line under?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I order my comics online and looked for this line under Lion Forge and Catalyst but couldn't find either. What publisher is the line under?
    Where online were you trying to order them? Physical or digital? If digital: https://www.comixology.com/Lion-Forg...ublisher/659-0

Astonishing Member

Lion Forge is the name of the comic company, and Roar and Cubhouse, etc. are the imprints they're sorting their books under.

When searching the website in your signature, for example, Lion Forge lists all their books. The books set in Catalyst Prime line (superheroes and superpowered stories) so far are: Catalyst Prime: The Event, Noble, Accell, Superb, Incidentals, Asthonisher, KINO, Summit, Quincredible and Catalyst Prime: Seven Days.

The other books are other indie works or works from other countries that Lion Forge have the license to distribute.

Honestly I’ve really been enjoying Seven Days, mainly because I really like how they’ve been using all the characters, from characters I’ve been reading to ones I’m behind on or haven’t read to the brand new characters. My favorites have to be Quincredible and Superb duo teaming up and the most recent issue with the Incidentals.

I haven’t started reading Kino, he’s on the list I’ve just been busy with Superb, Incidentals, Quincredible, and Accell and he’s a bit behind Summit and Noble, but if his appearances here is anything like his ongoing then I like him. Not a lot of series in this universe but it’s generally one of my favorite lines outside of the DC and Marvel universes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I’ve really been enjoying Seven Days, mainly because I really like how they’ve been using all the characters, from characters I’ve been reading to ones I’m behind on or haven’t read to the brand new characters. My favorites have to be Quincredible and Superb duo teaming up and the most recent issue with the Incidentals.

I haven’t started reading Kino, he’s on the list I’ve just been busy with Superb, Incidentals, Quincredible, and Accell and he’s a bit behind Summit and Noble, but if his appearances here is anything like his ongoing then I like him. Not a lot of series in this universe but it’s generally one of my favorite lines outside of the DC and Marvel universes.
    Happy to hear you've been enjoying things from this line overall. Seven Days continuing to go strong is also appreciated.

KINO's an interesting book. The first portion juxstaposes an old-timey comic book style with the goings-on in its other plot-line, and the latter portions focus on the lead coming to grips with who and what he is, even as he's being used by seemingly all sides. It's also pretty political in the second half in its backdrop of KINO's hometown.