Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I've binge read Noble and KINO and damn were those two series awesome ! I particularly love KINO's depiction of creeping fascism and how the lead is clearly manipulated into being a part of atrocious movements and ideas and yet genuinely seems to be a good man.

But so far, I really can't get Lorena Payan. What does she wants, damn it ? She clearly cares for Astrid and the children near the main Foresight, but she helped wreck the UK's democracy and instate a fascist state with a super-powered militia and monstrously deformed peoples turned aberrations. And she clearly orchestrated the whole Catalyst Event and didn't hesitate to kill someone she cared about to prevent the truth from getting out. Really, I can't grasp my head around it.

But I really love this universe. Damn I wish I was an author, so I could postulate to take part in it, because it gives me so many ideas for potential stories !

But I need to read all of their books first.
    There's always fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's always fanfiction.
    Meh.

I'll build up a master plan : I'll get published in France with Fantasy novels (that's actually truly what I hope to do^^) then find success, then contact Lion Forge XD

Also, I've started Astonisher, and how come each book I read I find better than the previous one ? What is this sorcery ?

Edit : but if I ever write Catalyst Prime Fan-Fiction, you can expect French characters, one of which turned out with one the the most horrible best power (yes), that is the ability to live his near future (up to five minutes) thousands of times in a second, with infinite variations and a former model turned "hulked out" superheroine
    Last edited by Korath; 08-13-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Meh.

I'll build up a master plan : I'll get published in France with Fantasy novels (that's actually truly what I hope to do^^) then find success, then contact Lion Forge XD

Also, I've started Astonisher, and how come each book I read I find better than the previous one ? What is this sorcery ?

Edit : but if I ever write Catalyst Prime Fan-Fiction, you can expect French characters, one of which turned out with one the the most horrible best power (yes), that is the ability to live his near future (up to five minutes) thousands of times in a second, with infinite variations and a former model turned "hulked out" superheroine
    Try also doing your own comics. If you can self-publish or do a webcomic with a friend whose an artist that would be ideal.

Just finished Astonisher and there was a serious change of vibe from the book after Magnus beat Drew in space. It's not bad, just very sudden, and I think the guy will be the true first super-villain of the CPU or something. I wonder if he'll make his move during the Seven Days.

Astonishing Member

Happy to learn you're liking the CPU so far, @Korath, and happy to have been helpful. You've even pointed out perspectives I hadn't considered, especially the fascist thing developing in KINO. And dang, your tearing through 'em! Already finished Noble and KINO (to this point) and Astonisher?

Regarding Astonisher, the latter issues are written by Priest, which may or may not explain the tonal shift, since Priest likes to do his own things.

And as for Lorena Payan, as you may have noticed, she's extremely complicated as a character, with more than one face to her. It's up to the reader to make up their mind as to who she ultimately is and how they ultimately feel about her.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-16-2019 at 11:22 AM.

What can I say ? When I like something, I can't stop reading it. When I started One Piece, I had 598 chapters to read to be up to date and I think I did in three weeks top, maybe even less. I spent hours reading the chapters, and I did the same for Noble, KINO and Astonisher. And I think I'm halfway through Summit, which I likes a lot too !

Honestly, so far my only complain is that there isn't French characters there ! I mean, come on, Magnus Family has its launcher in France (well, French Guyana but it IS a part of France) and we don't know why ! Give me some good old representation. Bonus point if the dude/dudette turns out to be Far-Left. I want someone radically opposed to what Lorena and Magnus represent, but as a good guy/gal !

Astonishing Member

@Korath, how has your reading been going? What do you think so far?

I've been stuck on Accell for far too long.

I really have a problem with speedsters-like characters, plus I don't find Dos Santos' character very appealing

But I'll power throught, one issue at a time !

Astonishing Member

I've been stuck on Accell for far too long.

I really have a problem with speedsters-like characters, plus I don't find Dos Santos' character very appealing

But I'll power throught, one issue at a time !
    Ouch, sorry to hear that.

I've no bias or affinity for or against Speedsters, though the power is a cool one. It's up to the individual character for me. Accell is kinetically charming for me, though, so I like it. And I also like how it's like 2 genres in one. Daniel is cool in my books.

I'm not sure, but did you get to Superb, yet?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-10-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Not yet, I'm reading them in the order you gave me ^^

Astonishing Member

Not yet, I'm reading them in the order you gave me ^^
    Fair enough.

Just finished Accel, and I don't really know how I feel about it. Certainly the weakest entry so far, in my eyes.

Astonishing Member

Just finished Accel, and I don't really know how I feel about it. Certainly the weakest entry so far, in my eyes.
    Wow. Again, sorry to hear.

But not everything can appeal to everyone, so no big. I'm just sorry Accell ended up becoming such a stopgap for you in the CP-Universe after having breezed through about half the titles in a couple a weeks or so.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-17-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Yeah, i was quite sad. I'll start Incidental this week, hopefully it'll work better for me !

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-ca...nes-seven-days

Some more info about Seven Days as Syfywire talks to Gail Simone again.