Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I have been buying all the title since the event, I have not been able to read all of them yet and now seem intimidated by the number I am behind in reading.. anyone have a suggestion of a reading order? Is there a reading order list made up somewhere?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmjeterjr View Post
    I have been buying all the title since the event, I have not been able to read all of them yet and now seem intimidated by the number I am behind in reading.. anyone have a suggestion of a reading order? Is there a reading order list made up somewhere?
    I've kinda just been reading them in the order they came out in. Like, I just use the solicits as my checklist lol. I've looked for one online, haven't found one. Think they aren't popular enough or something for someone to make one.

Also, I just want to say, that I've started by reading Summit, by Amy Chu. It's soooo amazing! I love the art and the story and the characters. Everything is just great! I hope it continues for a long time!
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

most of the series feel rather self-contained outside of taking place in the same universe. So I'd say you could read them in any order.

All-New Member

Thanks for the Advise....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pmjeterjr View Post
    Thanks for the Advise....
    As mentioned, for each series is self-contained enough that they can be read in whichever order until you've reached the most recent issue of a given series. Once you do, you can pick another and do the same.

Lorena Peyan, the CEO of Foresight Industries, does factor into at least 3 of the books -- a major occurring anti-villain/grey figure in Noble, a secondary antagonist in KINO, and a background figure of darkness (villain behind the villain style) in Superb. Each of the books follow the trend of her set as an ambiguous but pragmatically dark person who is beloved by the public, so even though the stories don't directly intersect (so far), they are still connected through the shared universe (among other connections).

So really, for the time being, just a pick a series and dive in!

Astonishing Member

Superb's 2nd "Season" looks like it'll be just as much a blast as the first! The first Season managed to go through a lot of awesome and dramatic ups and downs in spite of not leaving the confines of a small town, but this Season already seems to escalate things even more! The new status-quo was a real shaker for both our leads (not sure how spoilery I should get), but both Amina and Cosmosis are showing their heroic resolve now more than ever. Cosmosis especially! Also, that synopsis for this issue was super misleading.

I wonder who the cool Capoeira dude at the Mexican Foresight base is? He got 2 pages of cool kick-butting action sans a single word, and then walked (more like strutted, it looked) towards the building's front door when the guards finally laid sprawled on the dirt outside. Big contrast to Amina's stealth session.

I think the next Superb issue comes out Wednesday. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    As mentioned, for each series is self-contained enough that they can be read in whichever order until you've reached the most recent issue of a given series. Once you do, you can pick another and do the same.

Lorena Peyan, the CEO of Foresight Industries, does factor into at least 3 of the books -- a major occurring anti-villain/grey figure in Noble, a secondary antagonist in KINO, and a background figure of darkness (villain behind the villain style) in Superb. Each of the books follow the trend of her set as an ambiguous but pragmatically dark person who is beloved by the public, so even though the stories don't directly intersect (so far), they are still connected through the shared universe (among other connections).

So really, for the time being, just a pick a series and dive in!
    Lorena is also a semi bad guy in Summit. As Summit has to deal her a lot, since they work together.

I started with Summit. Read a lot of it, then started reading the rest in order of release. Since I have dropped Kino, but I will get the trades for it.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I find Summit, Kino and Superb to be my faves thus far.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Lorena is also a semi bad guy in Summit. As Summit has to deal her a lot, since they work together.

I started with Summit. Read a lot of it, then started reading the rest in order of release. Since I have dropped Kino, but I will get the trades for it.
    Interesting. I wonder if its similar in tone to Noble or more like in Superb and/or KINO?

Also, I intend to binge-read Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    I find Summit, Kino and Superb to be my faves thus far.
    I've heard positive responses from each of the books from different people. Each book is always liked by at least someone.

For me, I'm waiting on Season 2 of Noble; I really enjoyed its Season 1. I need to get back to Accell, but I quite loved it to the point of the last issue I read before real life kinda happened (school-related). Superb is rather my fav of the books, and I absolutely loved last month's issue! I also enjoy both Incidentals and KINO, the latter of which is quite the nostalgic throwback to old-timey comics in many of its moments.

Astonisher and Summit are the only 2 I haven't tried yet, and I intend to binge both as soon as I can get around to doing so. I've found something I love in each of the books I've tried so far, and haven't disliked a single one.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-18-2018 at 10:47 AM.

https://www.cbr.com/interview-gail-s...lions-forge/2/

Gail Simone takes over as "architect" of Catalyst Prime.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Interesting. Let's see how it goes.

She did a great job with the Swords of Sorrow universe, while that was doing. I have full faith in Gail!
    Pulls:

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Interesting. I wonder if its similar in tone to Noble or more like in Superb and/or KINO?

Also, I intend to binge-read Summit.
    I'd say that Summit is a bit more like Noble than Superb or KINO. I need to catch up with it though.

I've heard positive responses from each of the books from different people. Each book is always liked by at least someone.

For me, I'm waiting on Season 2 of Noble; I really enjoyed its Season 1. I need to get back to Accell, but I quite loved it to the point of the last issue I read before real life kinda happened (school-related). Superb is rather my fav of the books, and I absolutely loved last month's issue! I also enjoy both Incidentals and KINO, the latter of which is quite the nostalgic throwback to old-timey comics in many of its moments.

Astonisher and Summit are the only 2 I haven't tried yet, and I intend to binge both as soon as I can get around to doing so. I've found something I love in each of the books I've tried so far, and haven't disliked a single one.
    I've been really enjoying all of the Catalyst Prime books myself. My top three are Accell, Superb and Incidentals but I've found something about each of the books really appealing and I don't really dislike any of them either.

Interesting news. I can't wait to see what she brings to Catalyst Prime and to Lion Forge.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Oh! I almost forgot! I'll be going to the Lion Forge panel on Sunday! Any questions you guys have? I couldn't think of any haha.
    Pulls:

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Astonisher and Summit are the only 2 I haven't tried yet,
    Astonisher is a big miss for me, the main character is completely unlikable. And the writing is really bad. I think it could do a lot better under someone else.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers