Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    Astonisher is a big miss for me, the main character is completely unlikable. And the writing is really bad. I think it could do a lot better under someone else.
    I will say that the first arc of Astonisher was not the best, but in my opinion it's gotten so much better. The latest stuff has been funny and enjoyable.

My two favorites for sure has been 1)Summit and 2)Superb.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I was reading The Wild Storm by Warren Ellis and John Davis Hunt and I thought giving Simone a title that looked at Catalyst Prime from a bird's eye view like that book does would be pretty cool.

Maybe a title from Lorena's perspective would be cool?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-19-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was reading The Wild Storm by Warren Ellis and John Davis Hunt and I thought giving Simone a title that looked at Catalyst Prime from a bird's eye view like that book does would be pretty cool.

Maybe a title from Lorena's perspective would be cool?
    You know, I wonder if she is writing anything, or just over seeing it. Or maybe she will write the first cross over?

So far I now have two questions for the panel at SDCC! Can't wait!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'd say that Summit is a bit more like Noble than Superb or KINO. I need to catch up with it though.
    I meant more Lorena Peyan's portrayal and role in the Summit book, if it was more comparable to her role and portrayal in Superb or KINO or instead more comparable to how it is in Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I've been really enjoying all of the Catalyst Prime books myself. My top three are Accell, Superb and Incidentals but I've found something about each of the books really appealing and I don't really dislike any of them either.
    Now this is comparable to me in a nutshell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Oh! I almost forgot! I'll be going to the Lion Forge panel on Sunday! Any questions you guys have? I couldn't think of any haha.
    Maybe if we'll get to a point where we will see the likes of Accell interact with the likes of Cosmosis and Amina? They feel like the closest in age and outside asethetic, and it'd be nice to see something like that. Accell and Cosmosis especially would be a fun character study together, what with how similar and yet totally different they are (they both have altruistic sides to them that lead them to be heroes, but their motives are just different enough to be questionable, specifically on Accell's side; I think they also have an assortment of other things in common, too).

On a broader perspective, any of the Catalyst Prime heroes interacting meaningfully with any of the others. I narrowed down on Accell and the Superb kids because there interactions are what I'd like to see first and foremost given the chance, but I'm curious about it in general. For example, at some point, the Incidentals would and should cross paths with the likes of the others, especially the older CP heroes.

More tailored and specific, but perhaps you could ask if Noble/David's son Elijah will turn out to have/develop powers of his own, making the Powell family a hero family in-full. I'd like that, honestly. Slightly more broader, perhaps you could ask if Elijah will have more presence in the upcoming Season of Noble as his own character? While it's understandable, it was noticeable that Elijah had more of a presence as a recurring anchor for David/Noble than as his own character interacting with others in real time (outside of issue 9, which I apparently missed when it came out and am priming to read it now), and I would hope to have more of the latter in the upcoming storylines (giving him powers would just be a really good way to cement Elijah as his own main-stay character, at least in theory, and it'd be nice to have a CP spin on the contemporary DC "SuperDad and SuperSon" duo).

Hopefully, you can pull something from these to ask. Let me know how the panel goes, what you learn/what they reveal, and if you can ask any or all of these, what did they say in response (if they say anything).

Astonisher is a big miss for me, the main character is completely unlikable. And the writing is really bad. I think it could do a lot better under someone else.
    I still want to binge it, though, just to see for myself. I (rather likely) may end up enjoying in spite of or because of what you said, if it turns out to be the case for me. I'll see. (I recall someone, maybe you, mentioning not liking Astonisher because they felt the titular character was unlikeable.)

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I still want to binge it, though, just to see for myself. I (rather likely) may end up enjoying in spite of or because of what you said, if it turns out to be the case for me. I'll see. (I recall someone, maybe you, mentioning not liking Astonisher because they felt the titular character was unlikeable.)
    Truthfully, it feels like DeCampi is phoning it in. I hope the second trade is better.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Astonishing Member

Oh! I almost forgot! I'll be going to the Lion Forge panel on Sunday! Any questions you guys have? I couldn't think of any haha.
    So, @Power Torch, how was the Lion Forge panel?

What did you learn, and did you ask any questions?

I can see them doing a team-up between Noble, Astonisher, Summit, and Kino because they were the asteroid mission survivors.

Them teaming up now and again would be a good miniseries to have.

I can see them doing a team-up between Noble, Astonisher, Summit, and Kino because they were the asteroid mission survivors.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do an eventually Team Title where they all go and finally confront Foresight about that mission and demand answers.

So, @Power Torch, how was the Lion Forge panel?

What did you learn, and did you ask any questions?
    Hey! Sorry, I meant to post the same day, but I was wiped haha!

It was a great panel, Lion Forge has so much passion. We learned that there is an few unannounced titles coming, one will be by Gail, but that one won't show up till later in 2019, after the first CROSSOVER! Yay!

2019 will have the first event that will shake everything up, and if a death happens, it will stick. They are really dedicated to making comics for everyone, which is exciting!

I also learned that Amy just signed a contract to stay on Summit for another season, as well. That wasn't said at the panel, but in a one on one talk with her I had at the con, where we talked about how real Val is, and she signed my comics haha.

It was a great con for Lion Forge. They sold some shirts, they were out of my size for Summit, but they took my email and said they will work on getting me something, so I hope to hear from them, cause it was a great shirt haha.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Wouldn't be surprised if they do an eventually Team Title where they all go and finally confront Foresight about that mission and demand answers.
    "The Catalyst Primes" does have a nice ring to it.

Hey! Sorry, I meant to post the same day, but I was wiped haha!

It was a great panel, Lion Forge has so much passion. We learned that there is an few unannounced titles coming, one will be by Gail, but that one won't show up till later in 2019, after the first CROSSOVER! Yay!

2019 will have the first event that will shake everything up, and if a death happens, it will stick. They are really dedicated to making comics for everyone, which is exciting!

I also learned that Amy just signed a contract to stay on Summit for another season, as well. That wasn't said at the panel, but in a one on one talk with her I had at the con, where we talked about how real Val is, and she signed my comics haha.

It was a great con for Lion Forge. They sold some shirts, they were out of my size for Summit, but they took my email and said they will work on getting me something, so I hope to hear from them, cause it was a great shirt haha.
    Awesome! Happy to know we have a time-frame for the crossover event! I wonder who will be a part of it? Will it just be Lorena and the astronaut survivors, or will the likes of Accell, the Superb kids, and the Incidentals have parts to play? With the Superbs dealing so directly with Foresight, it'd be weird not to include them, and the Incidentals are coming together as a team for an unknown but dangerous future, so leaving them out would also be strange.

I did recall them mentioning that deaths would stick in this universe, which does make me wonder about the ongoing plot-line in Superb.

Either way, looking forward to what they have up their sleeves. Thanks for sharing, and I am glad you had a great time, @Power Torch!

"The Catalyst Primes" does have a nice ring to it.

Awesome! Happy to know we have a time-frame for the crossover event! I wonder who will be a part of it? Will it just be Lorena and the astronaut survivors, or will the likes of Accell, the Superb kids, and the Incidentals have parts to play? With the Superbs dealing so directly with Foresight, it'd be weird not to include them, and the Incidentals are coming together as a team for an unknown but dangerous future, so leaving them out would also be strange.

I did recall them mentioning that deaths would stick in this universe, which does make me wonder about the ongoing plot-line in Superb.

Either way, looking forward to what they have up their sleeves. Thanks for sharing, and I am glad you had a great time, @Power Torch!
    While I'm not sure, from what was said, it sounds like it will have everyone. And no problem! Glad to share some exciting news!
    Pulls:

Great to know.

Ready for more Noble. Kino has been special.

You know, I started thinking about Lorena and Foresight. I wonder if they are as evil as them seem. It's assumed that Lor did it for fame, but I would think there would be easier ways to be a hero and get fame. Makes me think she has more up her sleeve.
    Pulls:

You know, I started thinking about Lorena and Foresight. I wonder if they are as evil as them seem. It's assumed that Lor did it for fame, but I would think there would be easier ways to be a hero and get fame. Makes me think she has more up her sleeve.
    Yea, Foresight doesn't appear to be wholly evil, nor entirely good. And everything thus far from Lorena looks like she has planned it, or at least pushed events into this direction, she just can't control the free will of the participants.