Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    While I'm not sure, from what was said, it sounds like it will have everyone. And no problem! Glad to share some exciting news!
    Using everyone would be best.

You know, I started thinking about Lorena and Foresight. I wonder if they are as evil as them seem. It's assumed that Lor did it for fame, but I would think there would be easier ways to be a hero and get fame. Makes me think she has more up her sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    Yea, Foresight doesn't appear to be wholly evil, nor entirely good. And everything thus far from Lorena looks like she has planned it, or at least pushed events into this direction, she just can't control the free will of the participants.
    Lorena and Foresight have definitely been intended to come off as ultra-gray on the morality perspective. This extends to Lorena's past with Astrid. On the flipside, she has a little girl of her own. On the other flipside, she ruthlessly pragmatic, and kind of mean/vindictive. Either way, gray might as well be her middle name.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

October 2018:

KINO TP VOL 02 END OF ALL LIES
    (W) Joe Casey (CA) Rob Stull (A/CA) ChrisCross
    As Alistair continues his journey toward awakening in the real world, Gilmour and Coal continue their mission to find him in Aturo's secret laboratory. Everything is coming to a head as Aturo struggles to keep Alistair subdued, Coal and Gilmour get closer and closer to finding the missing astronaut, and Alistair's powers grow even more dangerous and ready to explode out into the real world.
    $14.99

CATALYST PRIME KINO #10
    (W) Alex Paknadel (A) Diego Galindo (CA) Frazer Irving
    Alistair Meath has finally broken out of his virtual prison and has returned to the real world. Unfortunately, Meath finds himself homeless, badly scarred, and wandering the streets of London alone while his family has moved on without him. Meanwhile, a new conservative public figure has risen to power and has begun spreading a new truth that The Event never happened. Meath, though without a home, still longs for one and has decided on a new mission. To get his life back.
    $3.99

CATALYST PRIME NOBLE #12
    (W) Brandon Thomas (A) Manuel Garcia (CA) Khary Randolph, Emilio Lopez
    David Powell continues to be tested as Noble, as strange disasters continue to pop up around the area, putting countless lives in danger. David works to figure out who, or what, is causing them. Meanwhile, Astrid has to face a monster from her past with the help of surprising new allies.
    $3.99

CATALYST PRIME INCIDENTALS #13
    (W) Ramon Govea, Brandon Easton (A) Jose Jaro (CA) Ryan Brown
    The Incidentals are still reeling from their last encounter with Goel, but they have gathered back together to make their final stand. For the team, that means revealing things about themselves they'd rather keep secret.
    $3.99

CATALYST PRIME SUPERB #14
    (W) David Walker (A) Alitha Martinez (CA) Anthony Piper
    Kayla and Jonah lead a mission to liberate captives being held at the Orphanage, but Cipher has other plans.
    $3.99

CATALYST PRIME ASTONISHER #11
    (W) Christopher Priest (A) Al Barrionuevo (CA) Leonardo Colapietro
    Exploring the depths of his powers leads to Magnus confronting an assailant he may not be fully ready for. The Astral Plane is a mysterious place of unknown possibilities and discoveries but also great danger as well. But when has a little risk ever stopped Magnus?
    $3.99
    No covers for anything else,and no Summit, I know, I know. It's on its break till the next season starts in sure. I just really love Summit. Hopefully it comes back in November, my birthday month!

I'm getting everything but the trades. Normally my number one pick would be Summit, but since she's not there, I will give it Incidentals! This new season looks super interesting, and I've loved the covers for it. It looks great!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-25-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Getting it all except trades.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Re-read Kinko, I really didn't like it at first, so I thought I would give it a 2nd go. It's better the second time. I think maybe I was in a rush when I read through it, cause I wanted to get to my favorites, and so that killed the story for me. This time, I took my time, and enjoyed it much more.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

Re-read Kinko, I really didn't like it at first, so I thought I would give it a 2nd go. It's better the second time. I think maybe I was in a rush when I read through it, cause I wanted to get to my favorites, and so that killed the story for me. This time, I took my time, and enjoyed it much more.
    I just read up to KINO issue 8. So good. Vol 3 looks like its gonna really kick off.

I'm thinking with Kino that we're witnessing the origins of a villain...which would be awesome!

Noble #10 August 1st!!!

I just read up to KINO issue 8. So good. Vol 3 looks like its gonna really kick off.
    Yeah, that's what happened to me. I read issue 8 and was like, wait that was good, did I miss something. Then I reread 1 to 7 and was shocked that I was so wrong haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I'm thinking with Kino that we're witnessing the origins of a villain...which would be awesome!

Noble #10 August 1st!!!
    Oh man! That would be so cool if he was the first event bad guy. It would be cool to see Summit and Noble have to fight there old crewmate. I mean he does seem to be one of the more powerful ones, and with what that guy is doing to his head, I could see him go crazy or maybe even have a mind swap thing. I mean Astonisher could do some instead mind fighting, while everyone else takes him on outside.
    Pulls:

I might give it another chance then, I wasn't feeling the first issue
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I sometimes find when I force myself to read a comic, I end up not liking it.

wait wait wait... is Priest taking over Astonisher??

I sometimes find when I force myself to read a comic, I end up not liking it.

wait wait wait... is Priest taking over Astonisher??
    When I first read Kino, I felt like I had to, cause I wanted to read everything. The second time, it's cause I wanted to. So I agree, makes a big difference.

They did say there was going to be some creative change ups coming soon. Guess that's one of them maybe? I know Amy is staying on Summit for at least another season, she just signed the contract. But I don't know who else is good to stay or leave.

Edit: looks like he's on issue 10, as well. So at least one season, I hope!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-26-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Pulls:

When I first read Kino, I felt like I had to, cause I wanted to read everything. The second time, it's cause I wanted to. So I agree, makes a big difference.
    I powered read through the first volumes pretty quickly, I look forward to re-reading them again when I get the second volumes in and then read all the issues up to date.

I forgot that Superb is moving to the Roar Imprint. Its still apart of the CP Universe though right?
    Last edited by Scott M Davis; 07-26-2018 at 09:38 PM.

I powered read through the first volumes pretty quickly, I look forward to re-reading them again when I get the second volumes in and then read all the issues up to date.

I forgot that Superb is moving to the Roar Imprint. Its still apart of the CP Universe though right?
    Yeah it still is, they're just focusing it to let kids know they can read it. The new title coming out will also be under the Roar line, I believe.

Also, not sure if anyone has seen this, it's on Facebook. Lists the comics coming out till December.
    FB_IMG_1532676492371.jpg
    So that's cool and handy! Let's us know before more solicitations come out.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-27-2018 at 12:34 AM.
    Pulls:

I love that they do this.

Astonishing Member

No covers for anything else,and no Summit, I know, I know. It's on its break till the next season starts in sure. I just really love Summit. Hopefully it comes back in November, my birthday month!

I'm getting everything but the trades. Normally my number one pick would be Summit, but since she's not there, I will give it Incidentals! This new season looks super interesting, and I've loved the covers for it. It looks great!
    Loving the solicits! I'm super curious how the Incidental team is gonna end up after the split, but this takes place well after it, I think. It seems a more direct, villainous force is gonna show up for them.

And those Superb covers and solicits! I swear, they are obfuscating on purpose!

Lastly, since Summit's break is only a month (I'm presuming), like Incidental's and Superb's were, it shouldn't be too long a wait. I think only Noble has had a tremendous break between Seasons, being almost half a year rather than no more than a month or two.

I'm glad you gave KINO another chance to really digest it. The early issues are really charming, and the later ones become very intriguing to see how reality is different from what Alister Meath had been programmed to believe. It was definitely different from the fair of the other books, especially in that first arc, but really worth it all the same.

Not sure, but I think an issue or two came out since the last I read, so I'll need to read them. Or maybe it's still on break. I wonder if Alister's son, who's obviously acting out, which come across his father at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

Noble #10 August 1st!!!
    Good to know Noble will be back next week!

And I hope poor KINO doesn't become a villain. His has been such a shaggy-dog story, I'd hate for it to turn out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I definitely concur that you should.

Yeah it still is, they're just focusing it to let kids know they can read it. The new title coming out will also be under the Roar line, I believe.

Also, not sure if anyone has seen this, it's on Facebook. Lists the comics coming out till December.
    FB_IMG_1532676492371.jpg
    So that's cool and handy! Let's us know before more solicitations come out.
    I love that they do this.
    That is a pretty convenient list!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Loving the solicits! I'm super curious how the Incidental team is gonna end up after the split, but this takes place well after it, I think. It seems a more direct, villainous force is gonna show up for them.
    An issue already has come out with the new team set up. It looks like the blond teleported runs the team now, and the 3 that left are no where to be seen so far. They also add a new member, the one that had cancer. She has an awesome power!

Lastly, since Summit's break is only a month (I'm presuming), like Incidental's and Superb's were, it shouldn't be too long a wait. I think only Noble has had a tremendous break between Seasons, being almost half a year rather than no more than a month or two
    Yeah, she comes back in November, just love that title a lot lol. And I think Noble must have had some delay issues that weren't planned. But I'm excited for it to come back!

I'm glad you gave KINO another chance to really digest it. The early issues are really charming, and the later ones become very intriguing to see how reality is different from what Alister Meath had been programmed to believe. It was definitely different from the fair of the other books, especially in that first arc, but really worth it all the same.

Not sure, but I think an issue or two came out since the last I read, so I'll need to read them. Or maybe it's still on break. I wonder if Alister's son, who's obviously acting out, which come across his father at some point?
    Yeah, Kino 8 came out this week. It was a great issue. I'm sure they will see each other. I'm sure his whole family will figure it out, but I'm not sure if he will go to them right away.

And I hope poor KINO doesn't become a villain. His has been such a shaggy-dog story, I'd hate for it to turn out that way.
    Yeah, but if any of them were to become a villain, I could see it being him haha. He's just had too much things messing with his mind.

That is a pretty convenient list!
    Yeah! I'm really glad Lion Forge did this. I hope they keep doing it. It's a hand check list to see if I missed something haha.

Also, we should make a list of everyone's powersets. Some of them are really confusing. Like the ninja from Incidentals. Anyone else interested? The basics should be easy.

Like Summit: Plasma Blasts, and can heat and melt things.
    Pulls: