Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    An issue already has come out with the new team set up. It looks like the blond teleported runs the team now, and the 3 that left are no where to be seen so far. They also add a new member, the one that had cancer. She has an awesome power!
    I knew Incidentals returned this month, but I haven't read it just yet. I'll need to get on that, especially if cancer lady's coming into the fold.

Yeah, she comes back in November, just love that title a lot lol. And I think Noble must have had some delay issues that weren't planned. But I'm excited for it to come back!
    It was likely something. Noble being the first one out but the one with the longest break was noticeable.

Yeah, Kino 8 came out this week. It was a great issue. I'm sure they will see each other. I'm sure his whole family will figure it out, but I'm not sure if he will go to them right away.
    Did not know KINO came out this week. Need to read this, too.

Yeah, but if any of them were to become a villain, I could see it being him haha. He's just had too much things messing with his mind.
    If they just gotsta, I guess. If they did, I'd hope they'd make use of his world still. I'm really intrigued about where they're going with Alister's son, if they're going anywhere with him, at least. I'd assume so, since they wouldn't have have given him the focus they did in #7 (I think I'm starting to mix up the issue numbers...) if they weren't otherwise.

But I'd still rather KINO remained good, just 'cause dude deserves some happiness.

Yeah! I'm really glad Lion Forge did this. I hope they keep doing it. It's a hand check list to see if I missed something haha.

Also, we should make a list of everyone's powersets. Some of them are really confusing. Like the ninja from Incidentals. Anyone else interested? The basics should be easy.

Like Summit: Plasma Blasts, and can heat and melt things.
    Presumably, they will.

Powerset hashing-out would he cool. Incidentals' ninja woman's powers seem vague because she hasn't had much direct focus. Most of her screentime has been reacting to others, and even Mr. Splodey has had more introspective insights than her. All we know is that the 3 were diving partners who were in the water near the beach fated beach, and even then, that was implied by the context of the picture; they didn't go into detail on how they met or what they were doing in the water (or why they're so tight-knit a group).

Some of these guys have powers that are pretty far-out and more than they seem, which is cool, Accell being the poster boy. I'm also curious as to what precisely Cosmosis can do. It makes sense that we don't, but we really don't sit down and get exposition on what many of 'em can do and what their powers actually are. Most of the powered folks in Noble and Accell himself are the biggest exceptions, and even then they still have mysteries around them.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-27-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So, I got the trade Summit Vol one at SDCC, just for easy reading, so I don't have to pull my single issues out later. I just took a look at it, in the back is some amazing concept art! I wish I could show it to you. It goes in to outfit colors even. Now I'm wondering what I'm missing in the other title trades haha. Maybe I will take pics of the pages and post them, I don't know. But it's really cool!
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Just picked up the first volume of Superb today, gotta say that I really enjoyed the story and I’m definitely keeping an eye on this universe, it really feels like has a chance to grow and become something really cool.

Also appreciated the Free Comic Book Day introduction issue that I never got being in the back of the trade, not sure if all of them have that but it’s definitely a nice touch when reading this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

edit: Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-29-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Just picked up the first volume of Superb today, gotta say that I really enjoyed the story and I’m definitely keeping an eye on this universe, it really feels like has a chance to grow and become something really cool.

Also appreciated the Free Comic Book Day introduction issue that I never got being in the back of the trade, not sure if all of them have that but it’s definitely a nice touch when reading this.
    I'm so glad to hear new people picking up stuff from this universe! And I'm glad you liked it. If you're interested in more stuff I recommend Summit, for sure.

Yeah, all Vol. 1s of everyone's trades have the FCBD issue in the back! It's really cool of them, I'm glad they did that. I had no idea. Though to be honest, I wish it was in the front, not the back. That way new readers would read it first, but that's just me nit-picking haha. The trades are amazing!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.

So I was thinking of picking up some more of these after enjoying Superb when I go to a convention in a month or so, and I guess I just wanted to know what others would recommend. I was thinking I’d try to pick up Accell and the Incidentals(this mainly cause I’m a fan of team books) but I wouldn’t mind hearing what others I should look out for. Thanks for any advice.
    Words to live by.

So I was thinking of picking up some more of these after enjoying Superb when I go to a convention in a month or so, and I guess I just wanted to know what others would recommend. I was thinking I’d try to pick up Accell and the Incidentals(this mainly cause I’m a fan of team books) but I wouldn’t mind hearing what others I should look out for. Thanks for any advice.
    Glad to hear you're going to be diving in. Accell is a great pick, it's fun and fast paced. Incidentals latest issue has been great. The first arc was a bit slow and confusing, mostly due to the art, however, it gets better, trust me.

My top two recommendations are Noble and Summit.

Noble, because it's the lead title, in my opinion. It's also got a lot of heart and a lot of amazing action and art. It's about family and love, and a hero kicking butt and finding out who he is.

Summit, is one I also think is a lead title. It's about one of the survivors, though the world thinks she is the only survivor, dealing with the grief and loss and still staying strong in order to help the world and those she has left. Val is a great, well rounded character, who happens to be gay, which I love. It's part of her, but not the only part. She really kicks butt. The art and action in this series is top notch as well. Amy is a fantastic writer, who knows how to work with characters.

I think these two, along with Superb, are going to be the more important titles, as they are having run ins with Foresight all the time, who is the big bad, so far. Also Kino does this as well, and I enjoy that one too. Wanted to just give you two, though haha.
    Pulls:

A new issue of Noble came out today! It was great! We got to see a bit of what the world thinks of heroes, and we got more backstory. I'm excited and super glad Noble is back!
    Pulls:

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

A new issue of Noble came out today! It was great! We got to see a bit of what the world thinks of heroes, and we got more backstory. I'm excited and super glad Noble is back!
    I'm so glad to see Noble back as well. Such a great issue.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I would recommend both of those. They along with Superb make up my three favorite titles from this universe. I would also recommend Noble, which is the lead title for this particular universe.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm so glad to see Noble back as well. Such a great issue.
    I really enjoyed the cover more then I thought I would. I mean, I thought it looked like an okay cover. But I'm person, it looks amazing. Like, if it was a poster, I would buy it.

Also, I make t-shirts, buttons and posters for myself, as I printscreen as a hobby. (I've made stuff for Ghost and Shadowman). I can't sell them, and wouldn't want to, but if I make anything for Summit or anything else, I'll post them here haha.
    Pulls:

So I’m pretty sure this is ok and that people here would like this, in my search to hear more people’s recommendations and opinions I came across a freshly started and at this point small subreddit for Catalyst Prime. I’m sure some people would appreciate hearing all your praise and excitement for this series and might help it grow a bit or just be a nice place for news announcements and stuff. I personally had nothing to do with this, I just thought it’d be cool to share the link. Do what you will and I look forward to more when/if I get my hands on more of these trades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Catalyst_Prime/
    Words to live by.

So I’m pretty sure this is ok and that people here would like this, in my search to hear more people’s recommendations and opinions I came across a freshly started and at this point small subreddit for Catalyst Prime. I’m sure some people would appreciate hearing all your praise and excitement for this series and might help it grow a bit or just be a nice place for news announcements and stuff. I personally had nothing to do with this, I just thought it’d be cool to share the link. Do what you will and I look forward to more when/if I get my hands on more of these trades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Catalyst_Prime/
    Thanks for sharing! We need something like this or a Facebook group! Having more places to talk is a great idea!
    Pulls:

Saw this on Lion Forge's Facebook, a little preview of Issue 8 of Summit! Looks great!

Also saw this on Amazon! The cover layout looks amazing! Just like I did with Vol. 1, looks like I'll have single issues and trade. Oh well more support for Amy and Summit.

It's a bit low quality, but I couldn't find a better one. Here is the link to pre-order:
    https://www.amazon.com/Summit-Vol-2-.../dp/154930285X
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-04-2018 at 02:39 AM.
    Pulls:

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Love the cohesive trade dress. Its simple and eye catching relying on the artwork to attract the reader
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers