Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    Love the cohesive trade dress. Its simple and eye catching relying on the artwork to attract the reader
    Agreed! I may be wrong about this, but it seems the trades for Vol. 2 for CP characters are mainly covers used during the run. However, Summit uses something else. Maybe it's an unused cover for issue 6 (or whatever issue that robot showed up, 6 or 7)?

Also I was bored yesterday and was looking through old CP articles and I found these images. I wish we had more, for like other characters too. But they're super interesting, in my opinion.

These were from an old count down site before CP launched. Don't know if there is more out there or not. But super cool!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I think those were in the Noble trade, cause I remember looking at them before. Maybe it was a Primer or something.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

I think those were in the Noble trade, cause I remember looking at them before. Maybe it was a Primer or something.
    Oh that's cool! See, it's stuff like this that makes me feel like I need to get all the trades haha.

Also here is a link to a review of SUMMIT Vol 1 by Pride. Lion Forge shared this on Facebook today.
    https://www.pride.com/geek/2018/6/08...-trauma-heroic
    Like I've said before, Any does a great job writing a realistic gay character. As a member of the LBGT, I'm proud to read a title like this.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Oh that's cool! See, it's stuff like this that makes me feel like I need to get all the trades haha.

Also here is a link to a review of SUMMIT Vol 1 by Pride. Lion Forge shared this on Facebook today.
    https://www.pride.com/geek/2018/6/08...-trauma-heroic
    Like I've said before, Any does a great job writing a realistic gay character. As a member of the LBGT, I'm proud to read a title like this.
    I totally forgot Val was gay. I think its because its not a main focus of the title. Its there, no doubt, but its not the driving force behind the comic. It was the same with Superb, I totally didn't realize that the main character had down syndrome while reading it.

I totally forgot Val was gay. I think its because its not a main focus of the title. Its there, no doubt, but its not the driving force behind the comic. It was the same with Superb, I totally didn't realize that the main character had down syndrome while reading it.
    Yeah, I think that's what makes Val so relatable to me. I'm gay, and yes, it's a part of me an important one, but it's not always my focus. A think a lot of gay characters end up having that as there focus, which is okay (some people in the real world are like that too), but it's nice to see characters like Val.

And you're right, the character from Superb is like that too. I think that's where Lion Forge shines!
    Pulls:

Issue 13 of Accell came out today! And it was a really great issue! I really enjoy that shadow girl, she's a great villain. Also Professor Whispers from Incidentals shows up, no spoilers, but I think that's super cool! They both take place in LA, so that's cool to see a connection, and I really like the name and character so far, she seems like a good connecting bad guy.

What do you guys think?
    Pulls:

I still need to get the second volume before I can get up to date.

I still need to get the second volume before I can get up to date.
    That makes sense haha.

Also, I decided to ask Gail an important question on Twitter, that I forgot to ask at SDCC and she got back to me (Gail is awesome).

It makes sense that she can't answer it 100%, but it sounds very positive and I'm excited that the announcement is coming soon!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-08-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    Pulls:

Rather they take place in all the titles, since I buy them all anyways.

Rather they take place in all the titles, since I buy them all anyways.
    Yeah, I get that, I get them all as well. Valiant does events with miniseries, and it really works. Sometimes they have tie-in stories in the main titles. But that layout let's the writers not feel stuck writing events and interrupting their stories, and it lets them release event trades too, for collectors. While I'm sure I will enjoy it no matter how they do it, I am glad they are taking those kind of things into consideration. Gail was a smart choice.
    Pulls:

So three thing:

One, Amy Chu posted a photo of her working the other day, I asked if it was a little preview of Summit, and she likes my reply. Not sure if it is, however, she does look like one of the other astronauts that "died". And it looks like she may be stuck on the moon? Who knows, but I'm excited!

I also asked Gail about the new series staring Quin, under the Roar banner, and when it comes out. She said she would look into it and that it's an great series with great supporting cast.

And lastly, I found this interview, shortly after I asked Gail, from SDCC here is the link and some hightlights:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...ief-architect/

In addition to Simone coming on board, Lion Forge announced that*Christopher Priest*is returning for the 10th issue of the*Astonisher*series, and *Rodney Barnes,(Falcon) is writing*Quincredible, now due in November.
    So it says Priest is on for the 10th issue, I hope more, guess we will find out and that Quin's series is due in November. Exciting stuff!

Q: Can you give any thoughts on the characters and titles and who you’re most excited about?*

A: Ah, I don’t want to play favorites too much, but there are some concepts that really smacked me so that I had to know what was coming next. I feel like Noble, Summit and Accell are special, kind of our trinity. I love the Astonisher, it just has that great oddball feel that you can’t get enough of, it reminds me of the great outsider superheroes I loved growing up. But all the books have something exciting, there’s no dead weight.
    Nothing new here, I just like that she thinks that Noble, Summit and Accell are the trinity of CP haha.

Q: I know you’ll be writing at least one title – what can you tell us about that?*

I can’t say too much about it yet, but I will say, she’s going to be AMAZING. People who have read Clean Room know I have a kick for the scary…imagine a superhero in that genre!
    And lastly this tidbit! Gail is writing a new female character! I can't wait, loved Clean Room.

But we’re still putting the paint on this, so I can’t say too much. But it’s exciting!
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-13-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    Pulls:

New Comic Wednesday!
    Summit #8
    It was an amazing issue with twists and surprises, as well as heading to give Summit her first big bad (hopefully). Amy writes amazing characters and story and this issue is no exception! Also the art changes to just Marika Cresta, who does an amazing job! Her style adds a lot to the series, I hope she stays on for a while. It's nice having an all female team. Over all a great issue! The cliff hanger makes me so excited for issue 9, then end of season 2!

Also, it looks like Superb got push, if my comic guy is right. Issue 12 will take 13s place next month and so on. Shame, but I can wait haha.
    Pulls:

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

New Comic Wednesday!
    Summit #8

It was an amazing issue with twists and surprises, as well as heading to give Summit her first big bad (hopefully). Amy writes amazing characters and story and this issue is no exception! Also the art changes to just Marika Cresta, who does an amazing job! Her style adds a lot to the series, I hope she stays on for a while. It's nice having an all female team. Over all a great issue! The cliff hanger makes me so excited for issue 9, then end of season 2!

Also, it looks like Superb got push, if my comic guy is right. Issue 12 will take 13s place next month and so on. Shame, but I can wait haha.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you on all of this. I loved this issue and I can't wait to see what happens with the cliffhanger. I was not expecting that at all. Kudos to Amy and Marika for making this one another great issue of Summit. I'm looking forward to seeing how this season pans out after this.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with you on all of this. I loved this issue and I can't wait to see what happens with the cliffhanger. I was not expecting that at all. Kudos to Amy and Marika for making this one another great issue of Summit. I'm looking forward to seeing how this season pans out after this.
    Agreed! I'm so excited to see how this season ends and where next season leads. Based on that image on Amy's Twitter, it looks like Val may go to space again, which is going to be a big deal, I'm sure. Amy is quickly becoming a favorite writer of mine. Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking this was a great issue!
    Pulls:

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Agreed! I'm so excited to see how this season ends and where next season leads. Based on that image on Amy's Twitter, it looks like Val may go to space again, which is going to be a big deal, I'm sure. Amy is quickly becoming a favorite writer of mine. Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking this was a great issue!
    I wonder if Val going back into space somehow ties into the cliffhanger at the end of this issue. Whatever it does mean I think its going to be an interesting ride. Also that cover was just stunning.

Its too bad that Superb was pushed back though. I was looking forward to that issue as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG