Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Also I was bored yesterday and was looking through old CP articles and I found these images. I wish we had more, for like other characters too. But they're super interesting, in my opinion.

These were from an old count down site before CP launched. Don't know if there is more out there or not. But super cool!
    I remember reading a few of these, and I loved them. It would be cool to have some kind of a source-book made that included them and other pertinent data on the Catalyst Prime Universe characters.

Issue 13 of Accell came out today! And it was a really great issue! I really enjoy that shadow girl, she's a great villain. Also Professor Whispers from Incidentals shows up, no spoilers, but I think that's super cool! They both take place in LA, so that's cool to see a connection, and I really like the name and character so far, she seems like a good connecting bad guy.

What do you guys think?
    I just can't get over how youthfully energetic and kinetic the artstyle is! I'm glad this artist has manged to stay the main artist of Accell. Still need to pick up from where I left off, though, as I'm a bit behind on Accell.

That makes sense haha.

Also, I decided to ask Gail an important question on Twitter, that I forgot to ask at SDCC and she got back to me (Gail is awesome).

It makes sense that she can't answer it 100%, but it sounds very positive and I'm excited that the announcement is coming soon!
    While I can understand the general stigma against doing an event that crossed through different series, I would actually be okay with it, especially in this instance. I want all the books and their characters to come together, interact, and be part of the event, so part me of me thinks weaving the event throughout the books would help make this a reality (although it could also just be wishful thinking on my part).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Its too bad that Superb was pushed back though. I was looking forward to that issue as well.
    Same.

Astonishing Member

So, yesterday a new Incidentals came out! I am loving this arc a lot! It's so better then the last one, in my opinion. What did you guys think of it?
    I actually really enjoyed the first arc of Incidentals. The world and character building was fun, and I loved the intrigue provided by the mild in-fighting that eventually lead to the original 3 splitting off.

This arc's kinda been a bit of a mild retool. Most noticeably is the de-emphasis on Chen and his plot-line, and an emphasis on Seven, who's portrayed as being older than it was implied she was in the first arc (it may have been an outright retcon, 'cause the first issue's summary directly refers to Seven as a teenager, not an early 20-something, retooling her immaturity as being what making her seem as young as she originally was) and who's now just as snarky but almost completely more talkative than she was before (one of the most stark and noticeable changes). Another big change, emphasized by issue #10's opening act, is how they went from a covert ops team to a more traditional super team. complete with wetting their feet and a sense of branding and imaging. They've moved out into the open and even begun using Incidentals as their team name!

Other noticeable shifts include Alex's more overt irritability (dude would not let up on Seven, my goodness), Marko going from Chen's right-hand man to a more active team leader in Taylor's absence/defection, Tristan's continued active participation in the team, along with more emphasis on the fact that he is Cuban (to be fair, I'm not sure that was even apparent prior to #10). Oh and apparently Shannon's now part of the team.

The last one was surprising to me. There was this extra lady in issue #10 that never had a line, as far as I could tell, but was just kinda there. All through the issue, I was wondering "Who the heck is this lady?" Then come issue #11 and apparently Alex's ex-girlfriend Shannon was there the whole time (and had to be healed from the shrapnel injury by newcomer Sayde, who also joined off-screen but at least had lines; we still need to know what happened with her addict daughter). With the focus on Seven, Shannon's focus has been reduced, to the point where I'm left wondering when she decided to take up residence with the team (she's never gone on a hero outing yet, just stuck to their HQ and joined them at the mini-golf thing). Like, Shannon didn't really want anything to do with the team, contrasting Alex, and was only around as long as she was because she was looking out for Seven, which seems to be Tristan's role now.

Granville, the new story arc's villain, is sufficiently creepy, so points for that. And though it came at a small retcon and retool, Seven getting direct character development that fleshes her out beyond being the "creepy teen" is appreciated, and I look forward to where it will go. Likewise, with more direct focus on Marko's character, I wonder if they'll reveal what they've been implying for a while with him, that he's gay? Maybe that'll tie-in with the guy at the party, Benny, Marko seemed to have a history with. Also, issue #11 brought up Alex's abusive dad, a plot line not touched upon since the first issue of the series where Alex tracked him down and killed him. This arc is also just as character driven as expected from this book, albeit with different characters driving it, so that's good.

Still, I also want them to give some limelight to Sayde and Shannon, and explore why they decided to join the team, especially Shannon. I also want to know what happened to Taylor, Vanessa, and Nuke, the original 3 members who broke off at the end of issue #9. Haven't heard a peep about them so far since.

In the end, I can't say this arc is strictly better, because there's a lot from the first 9 issues that I loved that made me fall in love with Incidentals in the first place. With that in mind, the re-tool takes some getting used to. Also, this arc's just 2 issues in. It's not bad, far from it, and I'll end up enjoying the turns its making and bringing, no doubt. (Incidentals, KINO, and Superb are my "must read right now"s of current, and the new direction for Incidentals hasn't changed that; and technically, the new KINO and Superb stories are also new directions that pick up where the previous issues left off, with their own "still waiting to be explained" bits.)

Also in case anyone was wondering, despite how that Incidentals read up sounds, it's not ending! Asked the writer, to be sure! We also know now that after that season, the event starts!

Yay!
    That's good to know. Incidentals has been foreshadowing some big things, and I'm glad there's confirmation that said foreshadowing will indeed pan out.

Also looking forward to the new life Quincredible will have! I've heard about it back in the past, though I'm not sure what became of it. Since it'll be apart of the Catalyst Prime Universe, that should help it get and keep the traction it may not have been able to in its past life.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-26-2018 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Wanted to noted how Incidentals' new arc is as character driven as before

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    for new readers its a bitch, but once you figure it out, its good. Each Volume is a complete trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmjeterjr View Post
    yes ordering back issues caused me to end up with a couple double issues, due to the volume # and issue #
    Ah, I could see that. I don't know, I've seen this kinda "Season" format before, so maybe I'm just use to it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I prefer to trade wait, so I don’t really notice the issue numbering problem that other people have.

Personally I’m excited cause in a few weeks I’m going to a convention where I hope to get David Walker’s autograph��
    I'm going to Long Beach Comic-Con next month, Christopher Priest is going to be there, so I plan to get him to sign some CPU stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I remember reading a few of these, and I loved them. It would be cool to have some kind of a source-book made that included them and other pertinent data on the Catalyst Prime Universe characters.
    That would be cool, I guess they're in the Noble trade, which makes sense. I would love to see something with files for all the main heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While I can understand the general stigma against doing an event that crossed through different series, I would actually be okay with it, especially in this instance. I want all the books and their characters to come together, interact, and be part of the event, so part me of me thinks weaving the event throughout the books would help make this a reality (although it could also just be wishful thinking on my part).
    Personally, I wouldn't mind it being a cross-over that effects individual titles, as I get them all anyways. However, I do see how it doesn't seem that welcoming to those that can't or don't, so that's why I think it shouldn't be. This universe is young, and it should remain as welcoming as it can be, for now anyways.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

These weren't listed earlier, but here is info on two if the trades coming in November! I'm getting Summit, for easy reading, but I'll pass on Accell since I have single issues and Summit is my favorite. That cover for Summit is still amazing!

CATALYST PRIME SUMMIT TP VOL 02 PRICE OF POWER
    (W) Amy Chu (A) Chris Sotomayor, Federico Dallocchio (CA) Valentine De Landro
    After beginning to recover from her experiences in space, losing her girlfriend Kay, and realizing she has superpowers, Valentina "Val" Resnick-Baker has found herself in a better place surrounded by new friends and a new job. Unfortunately-because life can never be easy for Val-there's a new threat on the horizon. All Val may want is peace, but the world needs her to be a superhero.
    In Shops: Nov 21, 2018
    $14.99

CATALYST PRIME ACCELL TP VOL 03 TURF BATTLES
    (W) Joe Casey (A/CA) Robert Campanella, Sigmund Torre, Damion Scott
    Daniel Dos Santos just wants everything to go back to normal. His life is way too chaotic, and life would be much simpler if it would slow down. Too bad slowing down is the last thing he can do. Danny Dos Santos may be tired of being the superhero speedster Accell, but the superhero life isn't easily ignored. When the criminal underworld is poised for a dramatic shakeup and military experiments rampage through the streets, you can't just turn a blind eye, can you? Or is donning the suit just putting a target on his back for more prepared players?
    In Shops: Nov 14, 2018
    $14.99
    Pulls:

Kino #9 came out today! Was a fun wrap up for the season. Strong build up for what's to come. I'm glad I have Kino another chance.

Spoilers for discussion:
    I feel like this may lead to him being the bad guy for the first event still...idk, just a theory. But he is cray-cray sometimes haha.
    Spoilers end.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

I'll throw in my two cents in bit or so, when I get around to reading it. Looking forward to it, and to the paradigm shift!

Just a reminder guys. Noble #11 comes out this week! I'm so excited for it!

CATALYST PRIME NOBLE #11

(W) Brandon Thomas (A) Manuel Garcia (CA) Khary Randolph, Emilio Lopez
    David Powell has fully adopted his identity as the superhero Noble, becoming both an inspiration to many and a potential threat to others. However somebody is ready to challenges Noble's public image and question his cause.
    Pulls:

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Kino #9 came out today! Was a fun wrap up for the season. Strong build up for what's to come. I'm glad I have Kino another chance.

Spoilers for discussion:
    I feel like this may lead to him being the bad guy for the first event still...idk, just a theory. But he is cray-cray sometimes haha.
    Spoilers end.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Can't wait to see if that happens or not but it certainly looked like that could be the case.

Also I'm really looking forward to this week's Noble. I had the feeling that the last issue was the calm before the storm and it appears that I may have been correct.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Can't wait to see if that happens or not but it certainly looked like that could be the case.

Also I'm really looking forward to this week's Noble. I had the feeling that the last issue was the calm before the storm and it appears that I may have been correct.
    I'm excited to see where Kino goes, even if I'm wrong. But I think it would be an interesting turn of events and filled with drama.

And yeah, I agree. I think some stuff is about to go down for Noble. It's funny that you said calm before the storm...cause he stopped a storm last issue haha.
    Pulls:

Sorry for the double post, but Gail was interviewed by Syfy today about her and the CPU! The big take away tease is.... "We're being watched". Exciting!

Here's the link:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/gail-s...prime-universe

I'm so excited that Gail is so involved! And it sounds like big stuff is coming up, and two projects with Gail writing! Yes please!
    Pulls:

So, Noble was amazing! It set up an interesting new bad guy, looks like someone who can control people maybe? I love that Noble is dealing with some really important issues.

Also, surprise! Looks like Superb #12 came out yesterday too!

Superb #12
    Writer: David F. Walker
    Artist: Alitha Martinez
    Cover Artist: Anthony Piper
    After hearing that Jonah is still alive, Kayla scrambles to embark on a rescue mission. But their reunion is bittersweet when she realizes she might be in over her head going against Foresight.

It was a very interesting issue, had a lot of background and stuff that took place close to after The Event. I'm interested in seeing where it goes and where it leads.

What do you guys think? Hopefully you all get your copies of Superb like I did. Let me know haha.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 09-06-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Pulls:

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Won't be picking up my comics for another week or two.

Still need to order a bunch of trades as well.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Got Christopher Priest to sign my copy of Catalyst Prime: The Event and we chatted about it a bit. Cool dude. However, based on what he said, it doesn't seem he will have a long run on Ashonisher. Shame! But I trust Lion Forge and Gail.
    Pulls:

Astonishing Member

Got Christopher Priest to sign my copy of Catalyst Prime: The Event and we chatted about it a bit. Cool dude. However, based on what he said, it doesn't seem he will have a long run on Ashonisher. Shame! But I trust Lion Forge and Gail.
    Nice that you got that personal autograph!

Christopher Priest seem to float around a lot, so him not being a mainstay on one book isn't too surprising to me.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

It looks like most creators are signing on for 2 volumes. Which is fine. Allows for a nice storyline and then opening it up for new voices.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers