Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman issue #27 preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Man the visual consistency between Jimenez on the variant and Godlewski inside is great. If he sticks around and we have Gleason to bridge the gap to Mahnke, I'm happy.

Happy anyway that Lois is included on the trip.

So Superman does have a necessity for sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    that's news to me

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    that's news to me
    have there been books where it's stated that he didn't? Though I guess things are sort of up in the air, now.

Incredible Member

have there been books where it's stated that he didn't? Though I guess things are sort of up in the air, now.
    Yeah. But those tended to say he had a psychological need for sleep. As-in, his muscles and body would never need rest but his brain does.

Usually changes depends on the writer and/or story they want to tell. Same goes for eating. I never put much stock into it. Here it's mainly used for comedic effect, and to hammer home the 'they've been through a lot' idea of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    As-in, his muscles and body would never need rest but his brain does.
    Agreed. If it makes some people feel better they can see it this way.

Godlewski's art is really, really clicking with me in this preview.

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    that's news to me
    Pretty sure New52 Superman told Ulysses that he needed to sleep occasionally. Personally, I am comfortable with that.

Astonishing Member

And to think I'm trying to save money.

Incredible Member

So, why is Lois' hair back to black all of a sudden?

(Also note, they're still living in Hamilton here? I thought we were meant to be picking up with them living in Metropolis now?)

I wonder where they got the RV ?

I'm still not fond of Godlowski's art, the linework is quite messy and his faces are minimalist in details. And whilst I recognise getting Superman's powers exactly right is far from the most important thing about writing the character, it's been stated by Superman and Supergirl on several occasions, Pre New 52 and Post Flashpoint, that they don't need to sleep under a yellow sun. That did irk me personally. The premise is still good though.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I never thought of Superman as the kinda gig that requires Kal-El to punch out at the end of the day. That's a very strange way to look at the concept of Superman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think it depends on which version. I think the pre-Crsis version didn't need to eat or sleep. The post-Crisis version did but he could go a lot longer without it than an average human, obviously. I think it also depends on how much of his battery reserves he uses up. If he's going around the world 24/7, that's probably going to eat up a lot more of his energies a lot faster than one or two things a day.
    Assassinate Putin!