Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wait, are you implying that WW is faster than a shot from a tank? Because I'm pretty sure that will be nicely ridiculed. She's not crossing 100 feet before Stark can take off, no way, no how. So she has to survive the hurt he can put out. Maybe she can, but she totally lacks feats for resisting penetrating weapons, and has on-screen evidence that she CAN'T resist them with abosulutely nothing to show that she can. She never once tanks even a WW1 handgun bullet, and is totally and completely pinned down WITH her shield against a couple of machine guns.
    To be fair, the MCU kinda doesn't seem to understand how fast non-bullet projectiles go, with Black Widow being able to dodge an RPG round from close range and Flacon being able to outfly missiles from close range as well despite being explicitly not even close to Captain America's physical level and Tony head had tons of fights where he showed nowhere near bullet timing reflexes. And also, to be fair, Diana head no idea of how powerful she actually is, and had spent her entire life training under the assumption that she doesn't want to be hit by projectile weapons.

That being said, Tony was able to at least keep pace with the Winter Soldier for a short exchange when he equipped his gauntlet and was able to out fight Cap himself one he decided to stop jobbing quite so hard and had his computer analyze and counter Cap's fighting style and it's a bit vague as to whether Diana was getting stronger as the movie went on or realizing what her actual limits were, so the bullet wound may still be relevant to end of movie Diana. Still nowhere near fast enough to consider engaging Diana in melee, and even if he does away, probably can't get out of range of her AOE attack, though he may be able to drop some debilitating AOE Sonic attack as she's closing in.

And to address the opening remakes, I really doubt that she'll be especially receptive to Tony's flirting, especially if she knows that there's a blonde veteran named Steve (played by a guy named Chris) from an early 20th century war who flew a suicide mission even though he had a heroic female action girl in love with him still kind of on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not as if we have a clear view of what is going on there.

And really, Doomsday supposedly knocks her out for almost a minute and he's just going to stand there sparkling like a Twilight vampire instead of pressing the attack?
    Considering a fight stopped becuase someone said "save Martha", in the same film...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    The Jotunnsmash was doing using Mjolnir. Holding off the Hulk is not that great a feat as MCU Hulk is nowhere near even class 60. So no, Thor is not leagues above WW.
    Ehh... He is not less than a Class 60, but even if he was, that still puts him well above WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    One reaction feat over, what, 5, 6 movies. I'm calling it an outlier.
    Agreed and I called this previously.
    Waiting on proof for someone to show his reaction speed being faster than a BT.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That being said, Tony was able to at least keep pace with the Winter Soldier for a short exchange when he equipped his gauntlet and was able to out fight Cap himself one he decided to stop jobbing quite so hard and had his computer analyze and counter Cap's fighting style
    This is not accurate.
    Tony was not able to keep pace with Bucky at all.
    Bucky trashed him like he was not even there.

And IM was getting beaten by Captain America the whole movie until a random use of the computer taking over his every action.. which felt more like nonsense than anything else. But at least it gave an explanation.
    One could argue that Cap was powered up for the movie, but he was consistently shown throughout /this/ movie as better than basically everyone except Vision and Scarlet Witch.

BANNED

Why are we going on and on and on about whether she can tank bullets or not when she has shown that she can deal with rapidfire bullets easily even if she can't tank them (which we don't know) with the shield or crossed-bracelets-forcefield/forceblast?

Does Stark still even have stuff that shoots bullets on his more advanced armours?

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    Ehh... He is not less than a Class 60, but even if he was, that still puts him well above WW.

Agreed and I called this previously.
    Waiting on proof for someone to show his reaction speed being faster than a BT.

This is not accurate.
    Tony was not able to keep pace with Bucky at all.
    Bucky trashed him like he was not even there.

And IM was getting beaten by Captain America the whole movie until a random use of the computer taking over his every action.. which felt more like nonsense than anything else. But at least it gave an explanation.
    One could argue that Cap was powered up for the movie, but he was consistently shown throughout /this/ movie as better than basically everyone except Vision and Scarlet Witch.
    Civil War was a great Captain America movie (with a terrible plot [edit: mitigated] by characters that we spent around a decade getting to know and care about) and a terrible movie for pretty much everyone else, with Iron Man taking the brunt of it and having his armor, which had previously whethered having multiple cars dropped and explosives going off on it without any problem, being damaged by AMERICA enhanced fists.

While no Steve or T'Challa, Tony kept up pretty well in terms of melee speed and even landed a hit, but he got oneshot when he took an actual hit himself. The big asterisk on this scene is that he had just hit Bucky with a Sonic and flash attack right before he engaged, so his reflexes may have been hampered, though it didn't seem enough to even stagger him. Also, if that's the extent of the Sonic attacks he had on hand, then Diana probably wouldn't notice the effort very much.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-19-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Incredible Member

Civil War was a great Captain America movie (with a terrible plot motivated by characters that we spent around a decade getting to know and care about) and a terrible movie for pretty much everyone else, with Iron Man taking the brunt of it and having his armor, which head previously whethered having multiple cars dropped and explosives going off on it without any problem being damaged by AMERICA enhanced fists.
    To be fair... Iron Man had much better showings in Civil War than he did in Iron Man III.
    His armor fell apart while walking, for example... -_-
    Haha

To be fair, Iron Man only really has great feats in Avengers and even then, it is only the one fight with Thor, which is either Thor holding back or a massive outlier for Iron Man.
    Most of his other feats (short of Iron Man III) are pretty consistent but not super powerful.

With Iron Man fighting Steve... Cap was causing Iron Man to flinch and maybe doing very small amounts of damage per hit but he really only took serious damage from the shield.

Incredible Member

Why are we going on and on and on about whether she can tank bullets or not when she has shown that she can deal with rapidfire bullets easily even if she can't tank them (which we don't know) with the shield or crossed-bracelets-forcefield/forceblast?

Does Stark still even have stuff that shoots bullets on his more advanced armours?
    She has bullettime feats but not feats that show she can block dozens of bullets fired with auto-targeting systems from a guy who is flying around from different angles.

And normally I would say there is no reason to think he would have worse armor... but after Iron Man 3, maybe that is true...

To be fair... Iron Man had much better showings in Civil War than he did in Iron Man III.
    Haha

To be fair, Iron Man only really has great feats in Avengers and even then, it is only the one fight with Thor, which is either Thor holding back or a massive outlier for Iron Man.
    Most of his other feats (short of Iron Man III) are pretty consistent but not super powerful.

With Iron Man fighting Steve... Cap was causing Iron Man to flinch and maybe doing very small amounts of damage per hit but he really only took serious damage from the shield.
    There's a reason he blew up all the IM3 armors, and even the standard one from that movie was able to tank a missile strike. And going by the type of his he was more or less shrugging off in that and other films and Cap's strength feats in that film (having a double handed catch overpowered by Bucky's robo-arm, that in turn was treated like a toy by Spider-Man), it's very unlikely that his shield would focus his strength enough to overwhelm Tony's durability.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Haha

His armor got amped up by Thor's lightning there, and he was still losing. Seems like a fine showing. But honestly, his best stuff for the armor is probably in the first movie. Largely everything involving the tank. (Getting knocked out of the air, dodging the shell, and then one shotting the tank.) Tony himself had some pretty silly feats in Iron Man 3, but his armors weren't exactly doing great there.

Also, I always thought those projectiles from the first movie were tranq darts. But I could be proven wrong there.

I don't think she would have needed the shield if she could tank the bullets. And the bullets were all coming from one side; those homing-target-missile-things from IM will be coming from every direction.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wait, are you implying that WW is faster than a shot from a tank? Because I'm pretty sure that will be nicely ridiculed. She's not crossing 100 feet before Stark can take off, no way, no how. So she has to survive the hurt he can put out. Maybe she can, but she totally lacks feats for resisting penetrating weapons, and has on-screen evidence that she CAN'T resist them with abosulutely nothing to show that she can. She never once tanks even a WW1 handgun bullet, and is totally and completely pinned down WITH her shield against a couple of machine guns.
    Thor hasn't shown resistance to piercing weapons, so should we assume he's weak to them too. Comic Diana and movie Diana are not the same character.

When has comic Diana been hurt by a piercing weapon that wasn't enhanced or magical?

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I don't think she would have needed the shield if she could tank the bullets. And the bullets were all coming from one side; those homing-target-missile-things from IM will be coming from every direction.
    If I remember correctly they weren't that fast and I don't believe they were fired or attacked simultaneously.

That's like saying her mother should have let her fall.

As someone mentioned before, she saw the effects of bullets, the slo-mo scene, Antiope and the rest of her Amazonian comrades fall to them. She was raised as if she was human, so yea a shield makes sense.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 07-19-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Incredible Member

While no Steve or T'Challa, Tony kept up pretty well in terms of melee speed and even landed a hit, but he got oneshot when he took an actual hit himself. The big asterisk on this scene is that he had just hit Bucky with a Sonic and flash attack right before he engaged, so his reflexes may have been hampered, though it didn't seem enough to even stagger him. Also, if that's the extent of the Sonic attacks he had on hand, then Diana probably wouldn't notice the effort very much.
    Ehh.. He also hit him with some weird energy attack and only landed a hit while Bucky was kind of shocked at what was happening. There was not much keeping up.
    Bucky treated him like trash when he attacked.

And I agree, unless his sonics are better than that, I doubt they are harming WW much.

There's a reason he blew up all the IM3 armors, and even the standard one from that movie was able to tank a missile strike. And going by the type of his he was more or less shrugging off in that and other films and Cap's strength feats in that film (having a double handed catch overpowered by Bucky's robo-arm, that in turn was treated like a toy by Spider-Man), it's very unlikely that his shield would focus his strength enough to overwhelm Tony's durability.
    Based on his showings, I am pretty sure hits with the shield seem to do enough damage to harm Iron Man just like they are in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    His armor got amped up by Thor's lightning there, and he was still losing. Seems like a fine showing. But honestly, his best stuff for the armor is probably in the first movie. Largely everything involving the tank. (Getting knocked out of the air, dodging the shell, and then one shotting the tank.) Tony himself had some pretty silly feats in Iron Man 3, but his armors weren't exactly doing great there.

Also, I always thought those projectiles from the first movie were tranq darts. But I could be proven wrong there.
    The IM suit in Avengers is well beyond anything that he ever shows otherwise (with the Hulk-Buster exception) and it really only functions on that level against Thor.
    It is definitely an outlier.
    To give a real, simple example, he was powered up to 475% when he blasted Thor. It did all of nothing at all except knocking him back.
    But if we say Thor was going all out against him, then the armor he was wearing against Thor is tougher than Hulk-Buster armor considering how easy the Hulk-Buster armor was getting ripped to shreds.
    Thor was definitely not going all out.

As for the darts.. I am not sure. It is very possible he has no bullets in his suit. It would make sense not to.
    I am definitely not arguing for IM winning here. I think he loses.
    I was just pointing out that she has no feats to stop dozens of bullets simultaneously.

Regarding the "dodging" of the projectile by Iron-Man, I've watched that scene over and over. First, the projectile is not moving at a speed that a normal trained human couldn't lean out of the way regardless of how fast such a projectile should be moving. Second, it is debatable whether it would have hit him had he not leaned away. At most, he prevents it from brushing him. But, again, the speed it is moving does not remotely require superhuman speed to lean away from it.

Whether he can take off before she crosses a hundred feet, I don't know. If he's laying down fire while taking off, she can't. But, as I said before, it then just becomes a waiting game until one of them can't stay awake which probably will be Stark.
    Power with Girl is better.