Kill or Be Killed #13
    Kill the Minotaur #5
    Lazarus X+66 #4

On Break:

Deadly Class
    LOW
    Southern Bastards
    East of West

Interested to see how God Complex turns out. I've always liked their designs.

Also, man, I had no idea they were making a comic of that ****. Like, was there any PR for that?

Birthright #27
    Black Magick #9
    Black Science #32
    Copperhead #15
    Curse Words #9
    Elsewhere #3
    Extremity #7
    Kill or Be Killed #13
    Kill the Minotaur #5
    Lazarus X+66 #4
    Manifest Destiny #32
    Paper Girls #6
    Saga #48
    Scales & Scoundrels #2
    Shirtless Bear-Fighter #5
    Spread #22
    Violent Love #9
    The Walking Dead #172
    Wayward #24
    The Wicked + The Divine #32
    Youngblood #6

None of the new titles jumped out at me this month.

It's also nice to see something about Isola even if it's just the Image+ cover.

BANNED

I'm surely going to pull God Complex. The world they've built with the Action Figures sounds damn cool. I'm still waiting on "Frontier" though...

Copperhead #15
    Lazarus: X+66 #4
    Postal #24
    Regression #5
    Spawn #279
    Spread #22
    The Walking Dead #172
    Youngblood #6

I'm also going to check out God Complex #1 and War Frame #1.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Interesting that they have all these new #1s coming out and yet most of them don't seem to be the ones that have been promised at past Image Expos. Not that this is new but it seemed particularly pronounced in this case. Not that I'm complaining too much. Unless it's a new series by a pair of trusted hands like Greg Rucka or Brian K Vaughan (the latter of whom also has his books at $3) I wait for the trade on all new Image series so here's hoping some of these have me interested enough t check them out when they get their (usually $10) trades a few months down the line.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

God Complex does sound pretty sweet. Anything based on Greek mythology, I'll eat up. I've waited for an Image book in that genre forever and now I'll have two (Kill the Minotaur being the first).

Hack/Slash Resurrection
    Bloodstain Vol. 3

I'll probably check out the Family Trade and God Complex.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Amazing Member

Underwinter: A Field of Feathers #1
    Black Magick #9
    Descender #25
    The Dying and the Dead #8
    Grrl Scouts: Magic Socks #6
    Invincible #141
    Kill or be Killed #13
    Lazarus: X+66 #4
    Mage: The Hero Denied #3
    Motor Crush #7
    Paper Girls #16
    Postal #24
    Royal City #6
    Saga #48
    The Walking Dead #172
    Copra, Hillbilly, Saga, Walking Dead, Depth H, Lazarus, The Shadow: the death of Margo Lane, Afterlife with Archie, Sex Criminals, Southern Bastards, Wonder Woman, 4 Kids walk into a bank, East of West, Usagi Yojimbo, Bloodshot Reborn, Paper Girls, Universe!, Descender, Goddanmed. Stumptown.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    God Complex does sound pretty sweet. Anything based on Greek mythology, I'll eat up. I've waited for an Image book in that genre forever and now I'll have two (Kill the Minotaur being the first).
    Did you ever read Age of Bronze?

Let's see. I'll probably be checking out:

God Complex #1
    Angelix #2

My current pulls:

Kill the Minotaur #5
    Lazarus X+66 #4
    Manifest Destiny #32
    Saga #48

Crosswind #5
    I Hate Fairyland Special Edition (FCBD I Hate Image Extended Edition)
    Kill or be Killed #13
    Redlands #3

None of the #1 solicits catching my fancy. Gonna have to see the previews first on Image Plus.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

All-New Member

Descender #25
    Extremity #7
    Kill or Be Killed #13
    Royal City #6
    Savage Dragon #228
    Slots #1 - Looks interesting enough and the subject matter is right up my alley.

May pick up Paper Girls as well. I have the first Saga TPB and may pick up the next few to see what the buzz is about before I consider jumping onto the monthly train.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    ATOMAHAWK #0 - I would've tried this based on the name alone. But I like Cates and I like the idea of a cyberpunk axe for some reason.
    GOD COMPLEX #1 - Dig the cover and design of the guy. Premise sounds promising.
    DESCENDER #25
    ELSEWHERE #3 - Gets an arc, because I dig the premise and art. Please be good! Also, that variant reminds me of Copperhead xD
    EXTREMITY #7
    KILL OR BE KILLED #13
    KILL THE MINOTAUR #5 - Haven't read the second issue yet, but I really liked the first, so it gets an arc unless the second really sucks or something.

REDNECK, VOL. 1: DEEP IN THE HEART TP - Sounds interesting, and Cates doing an ongoing is nice. I remember wanting to read this monthly, but my place sold out.
    UNDERWINTER, VOL. 1: SYMPHONY TP - Sound interesting and I THINK I've liked some of Fawkes' previous work.

Maybe:
    THE FAMILY TRADE #1 - Sounds kinda generic, but has potential and I like the cover art, so... mebs
    WARFRAME #1 - Never played the game, but it's apparently good. Hawkins is apparently a really good writer though, so who knows.
    BLACK SCIENCE PREMIERE, VOL. 2: TRANSCENDENTALISM HC - Still haven't picked up the first OHC, but I''m hoping it's good and I can pick up this one too. But why does it have two covers? Are they just alternates, or is one an exclusive or something?
    GASOLINA #2 - Depends on how the first issue goes
    OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #31 - Might drop it. Since it revealed what's up behind everything, it just kinda lost something. Also, characters started to act dumb.
    THE REALM #2 - Depends on how the first issue goes.
    RETCON #2 - ^

PAPER GIRLS, BOOK ONE HC - First few issues when I read this monthly did nothing for me, but I hear it's good. Might give it a go.

Random thoughts:

Always wanted to try Hack/Slash, but without Seeley... also it defs sounds like a follow-up, so... yeah. Not sure. Also, just the fact taht the visual I see seems to always be "girl in fishnets and with a bloody weapon"

I like Panosian's art, but the premise of Slots just doesn't interest me. Hope it's good though, and that he gets more writing work if it is.

That Sacred Creatures cover... huh.

Having dropped off Southern Cross... the crap is even going on in that series? Also, is that old lady on the cover the same protagonist from the first issue?!

Hope the new Youngblood works out. I forgot to grab issue 3 ages ago and KEEP forgetting, so it's dropped. It was already a rough read, but when I'm outright forgetting to pick it up... yeah.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 07-28-2017 at 04:36 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force