Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Being a nameless and featless mook does not make that man in armor any lighter.
    Of course not! It also doesn't give him a magic sword that slices through wooden spears and leather armor like tissue paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Robb Stark - I'm giving Jon Snow the win here, due to experience, but both their base skill and training come from the exact same place. Jon wins

Ned Stark - Fought Jaime Lannister to a standstill for a while. seems to not have lost much of his strenght and speed over the years. Ned wins
    Jamie wasn't going all out yet, and based on his previous showings there is nothing to suggest he is even remotely on Jamies level, or Jons. Especially if you take the books into consideration, in which case he is kinda shitty with feats.

Jon would beat Brienne. Hound was wrecked from the infection while Jamie was well below "50%". He had been starved and trapped in a cage for months. He was out of shape as well as bound so it is quite clear that Brienne had a huge handicap. If she fought Jamie in her prime, she would have been slaughtered.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Jamie wasn't going all out yet, and based on his previous showings there is nothing to suggest he is even remotely on Jamies level, or Jons. Especially if you take the books into consideration, in which case he is kinda shitty with feats.

i DEFINETLY agree with you about the book versions, but in the show it's much more ambigious.

What proof do we have he wasnt going all out? as Jaime discussed with his father afterwards, the reason Ned was not dead is because someone interfered, so he was fighting to kill Ned, now you could make an arguement that he wanted to see what he could do (at the very start of the fight anyway) but as the fight went on you could see Jamie was impressed by Ned Stark.

Then we have a Ned at a young age fight (and not die instantly) against the greatest knight who has ever lived. i dare say Ned has better feats then Jon.

the 50% was a rough estimate on Jaime, im not going to say he was at 10% capacity or something low like that, he could still swing his sword multiple times and atleast fight and stand and move, he lost his speed and strenght, not his technique.

Jon would beat Brienne. Hound was wrecked from the infection while Jamie was well below "50%". He had been starved and trapped in a cage for months. He was out of shape as well as bound so it is quite clear that Brienne had a huge handicap. If she fought Jamie in her prime, she would have been slaughtered.

The hound was not wrecked, he was weakened as Arya noticed. but the word wrecked seems abit too much imo, besides i agree The Hound at full strenght beats Brienne.

Still a very good feat for Brienne.

She also managed to fight and beat the Knight of Flowers, who was a expert in melee fights according people who are in the know. "i have seen sir loras bested once or twice, but never in that fashion"

i DEFINETLY agree with you about the book versions, but in the show it's much more ambigious.
    Fair enough. They had to make Boromir look a little badass before being crippled.

but as the fight went on you could see Jamie was impressed by Ned Stark.
    The smirk he had made me feel like he was toying with him, and Ned looked like he was beginning to run out of breath while Jamie was just getting started(though that could be the actors' respective ages showing.

Then we have a Ned at a young age fight (and not die instantly) against the greatest knight who has ever lived.
    He also had a lot of back up. And it was easier for him in the show because it was only a dual wielding Dayne and his buddy against a group. In the book it was Dayne(who is little more than a piece of shit imo), and TWO of his buddies.

the 50% was a rough estimate on Jaime, im not going to say he was at 10% capacity or something low like that, he could still swing his sword multiple times and atleast fight and stand and move, he lost his speed and strenght, not his technique.

Which is why he would be at 10%. He is a human, and much of his swordsmanship rests on his own physical abilities. He would be weak as a stick compared to the average person, let alone someone like Brienne, who was also decked out in heavy armour. He had been starved, and stuck in a cage for a long time. He would be weak, slow, and have bad stamina. If he was in his prime, Brienne wouldn't have stood much of a chance.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Brienne gets undersold a lot because of the Hound's infection. The Hound at full would probably edge out Brienne in a fist fight, but he was utterly dismantled in the sword fight. The only reason the Hound made a fight out of it was that Brienne stayed the killing blow in a show of mercg, and the Hound used that chance to disarm her. I'd give Brienne decent odds of beating the Hound at full strength with their respective weapons.

Jon would also make a fight of it with her, but would get steamrolled eventually.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 08-03-2017 at 03:19 PM.

indeed! the best ever , with Sir Arthur Dayne (excluding his far superior weapon)
    A little OT but what makes Dawn superior to, say, a run-of-the-mill Valyrian sword?

There's no way show Jon would beat show Brienne.

Apart from the battle with the Hound, which was even, and where she won against one of the best fighters from the series (yes, he was affected by his injury - but not to the degree that say Jaime was hampered by his imprisonment), she has effortlessly beaten her opponents where we have seen the fights on screen. Beating show Ser Loras is in itself a big feat - Ser Loras is in the series supposed to be one of the best swordsmen in the realm. He isn't in the books, I accept, where he's principally acclaimed as being fantastic in the joust, and where his brother is acknowledged as the better hand-to-hand combatant, but he is in the show. In contrast, Jon has had consistently great difficulty with his opponents (who have often to be fair been very good).

In addition, unlike book Brienne, she is a seasoned killer. She is stronger than Jon, bigger than Jon, has heavier armour than Jon, and carries a sword which is equally good. Brienne would win.

Book Brienne versus show Jon might be an interesting fight That Brienne I would say was demonstrably a weaker fighter than in the show. Her fight against Jaime was much closer. She struggles against a few Bloody Mummers, who aren't as well trained/equipped as she is, and needs assistance. She in effect loses against Rorge and Biter - granted, she gets blind-sided by the latter, but Rorge at least while evidently a tough fighter has not had a knight's training. She is also not an experienced killer. That said, I would say her physical advantages would win out against Jon.

There is no question that either book or show Brienne would currently beat book Jon, in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    A little OT but what makes Dawn superior to, say, a run-of-the-mill Valyrian sword?
    far as i know it has the same attributes as a Valyrian sword roughly, though it may be sharper, and it's blade is white.

in the hbo series, Dayne did not have a white sword so they may have just given him a valerian steel sword , or maybe nothing even..

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I don't think that Jamie was toying with Need in their fight, but smiling because he was actually enjoying himself. He seemed furious and disappointed when their fight got interrupted, IIRC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't think that Jamie was toying with Need in their fight, but smiling because he was actually enjoying himself. He seemed furious and disappointed when their fight got interrupted, IIRC.
    I agree.
    He seemed way more angry at the fact that the duel was interrupted than anything else.
    He wants to find someone worth fighting.
    He alludes to it when he talks with Ned before that and even seems to respect the answer that Ned gives about not wanting a man to know what he can do when they fight for real.

Not saying Ned could beat Jaime, but Ned was past his prime here and was still doing solidly against him and did not even have his main weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    And this was as an old fart decades past his prime. He must have been an absolute beast at his peak.
    By all accounts, he was. Pretty much the best warrior of his time, according to just about everyone who saw him fight.

far as i know it has the same attributes as a Valyrian sword roughly, though it may be sharper, and it's blade is white.

in the hbo series, Dayne did not have a white sword so they may have just given him a valerian steel sword , or maybe nothing even..
    It had the symbol on the pommel, so maybe they just didn't bother with the blade color, but it's clearly supposed to be Dawn.

after seeing the last episode, Arya stabs Jon in the face. He had trouble with the dagger guy..... Arya is a suped up elegant version of him.