Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Didn't Wiseman swear up and down on Twitter that this wasn't the case?
    Really? Did he say the cause was solely toy sales, because it's ratings seemed to not be the problem.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Really? Did he say the cause was solely toy sales, because it's ratings seemed to not be the problem.
    Here's the tweet where he denied that YJ's cancelation was because of a female demographic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Greg_Weis...80050011607040

He places the blame solely of toy sales

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes tried but it fell short.
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes was fantastic. They kneecapped it to make Avengers Assemble, because they felt they needed a cartoon that reflected the movies more. Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Here's the tweet where he denied that YJ's cancelation was because of a female demographic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Greg_Weis...80050011607040

He places the blame solely of toy sales
    I can believe it was toy sales, but the huge misstep that was most of season two probably didn't help.

BANNED

DC has had Marvel beat for decades upon decades in animation AND video games. All Marvel had was X-Men:TAS and Spider-Man. DC was killing it with Batman, Superman and then the Justice League Series all the way up to Teen Titans and Young Justice. Nothing Marvel has had since the two shows I mentioned have even reached the quality of Young Justice. Earth's Mightiest Heroes tried but it fell short.
    Not IMO...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    ... I know they are setting Carol up to Marvel's 'Wonder Woman' That's great and all but, and this may be a bit bias here, given how she is my favorite character of all time, I do think that She-Hulk would be the ultimate choice. I love this quote by Peter David.

“She-Hulk has the potential to be our Wonder Woman. A powerful female with a strong moral center and a determination to do what’s right. She’s also a unique combination of brains and brawn. The ideal She-Hulk story is one that plays on both aspects of her make-up, the intelligence combined with her strength.

One day I hope it happens, yes, one day...

Can I just say, I LOVE that Marvel picture! May have to sue it as a new wallpaper!
    I have little doubt we'll be seeing Jen in live action, Valamist. In fact, my hunch is... sooner than ya might think. And it will be HUGELY impactful AND successful, the talk & toast of the town!

Agree on the pic, almost ALL Marvel's best ladies are there, save a few like Sue.

BANNED

DC has had Marvel beat for decades upon decades in animation AND video games. All Marvel had was X-Men:TAS and Spider-Man. DC was killing it with Batman, Superman and then the Justice League Series all the way up to Teen Titans and Young Justice. Nothing Marvel has had since the two shows I mentioned have even reached the quality of Young Justice. Earth's Mightiest Heroes tried but it fell short.
    Im not sure with animation but video games definitely are great ror Marvel. Lots of popular games from Marvel like marvel heroes, marvel superhero squad, avengers alliance, mvc games, etc.

And as for movies and tv series, Marvel takes it.

The first thing I think about here is "which ones?" Wonder Woman and Supergirl are up there as an iconic characters and they're not the only ones. But how many others are?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The first thing I think about here is "which ones?" Wonder Woman and Supergirl are up there as an iconic characters and they're not the only ones. But how many others are?
    Catwoman is definitely up there.

Batgirl is rather popular too.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Catwoman is definitely up there.

Batgirl is rather popular too.
    Ok, but how many people can name all of the different characters who have used one of those four names at some point? There's one character most people think of, but there's more than one that has used each of those names.

Marvel doesn't do that as often.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given how much push Disney puts into their "Disney Princess" line, someone should call out Disney and Marvel for not making a Marvel girls line for little girls.
    No, see. This is why Disney acquired Marvel in the first place: to have a boys line to complement their girls line that was already doing fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ok, but how many people can name all of the different characters who have used one of those four names at some point? There's one character most people think of, but there's more than one that has used each of those names.
    I think most people recognize Barbara Gordon and Selina Kyle as Batgirl and Catwoman respectively given their prevalence in media and comics in general.

Same with Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) and Wonder Woman (Diana of Themyscira).
    Marvel doesn't do that as often.
    Well, until now .

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

In retrospect, I think that many of Marvel's most published women have been too closely associated with teams (e.g. Storm, Invisible Woman, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Wasp, etc.) and haven't been built up in a way that they've headlined their own titles to a level of success on par with the success their team-related titles have built up. With DC's women, like Wonder Woman, Barbara Gordon, Supergirl, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn, I'd say they've been at the center of their own titles which have gained considerable success on par with the titles in which they team-up with other characters. I think it's that sort of individual distinction which can help characters be seen less as "Oh look, there's that character that was part of a popular team I'm familiar with!" and more as "Oh look, there's that popular character I'm familiar with!" and that perhaps being so closely associated with a team can make it harder to boost their own individual popularity, because teams inevitably divide that popularity between its members.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-20-2019 at 07:07 PM.