Default So what does everyone think of the new character Iden versio?

So how do you guys think Battlefront 2's new character Iden Versio will turn out in the game and Inferno novel?

Not sure, but I'm really wishing I had the video game system. The trailer did make me want to the read the book, after initially writing it off, and all that was because I wanted to learn more about the character.

iMan 42s

I know almost nothing about the character but watching interviews with the actress about her role is getting me hyped for the game. She just seems so enthused about her role that I find it hard not to be either. There was a tested video with them presenting Iden Versio's helmet to her and she just lost it since she was so happy, and I think that is a good indicator of how awesome Iden is going to end up being if the actress herself finds the character good enough that she herself is "fangirling".

I really like the costume as well and I think it will draw a ton of people to the Tie uniform. It's a great costume overall and I like that it represents function (Inferno squad act as ship to ship fighters) than trying to make a unique uniform like Scar Squad did and overdoing it. While I would prefer unique uniforms, I like how Iden's group has function as well as using the decals to make it their own.

I can't wait for the game/book to come out so I'm definitely hyped for Iden Versio.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I know almost nothing about the character but watching interviews with the actress about her role is getting me hyped for the game. She just seems so enthused about her role that I find it hard not to be either. There was a tested video with them presenting Iden Versio's helmet to her and she just lost it since she was so happy, and I think that is a good indicator of how awesome Iden is going to end up being if the actress herself finds the character good enough that she herself is "fangirling".

I really like the costume as well and I think it will draw a ton of people to the Tie uniform. It's a great costume overall and I like that it represents function (Inferno squad act as ship to ship fighters) than trying to make a unique uniform like Scar Squad did and overdoing it. While I would prefer unique uniforms, I like how Iden's group has function as well as using the decals to make it their own.

I can't wait for the game/book to come out so I'm definitely hyped for Iden Versio.
    Yeah I have to admit I'm a bit hyped to. I'm curious on how they'll do an Imperial perspective. I think the only other time that has been tried is with Star Wars Tei-Fighter video game wise. BTW you wouldn't happen to have a link to the video would you?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Yeah I have to admit I'm a bit hyped to. I'm curious on how they'll do an Imperial perspective. I think the only other time that has been tried is with Star Wars Tei-Fighter video game wise. BTW you wouldn't happen to have a link to the video would you?

Edit- They present the helmet around the 13 minute mark.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Thank you. That was really interesting. I couldn't help but watch the whole thing. Now all she needs is the rest of the suit.

Actually, a few other games have offered an imperial perspective; mainly, the original Battlefront II, where you played a Clonetrooper and later Stormtrooper in the 501st (Vader's personal squad). Although in that case, you're just a clone, while Idien appears to be someone who signed up for the Empire and believes in it's ideals instead of simply being grown and programmed to do so.

She seems to be a bit like Ciena Ree and Rae Sloane a bit from the novels, an Imperial loyalist who perhaps believes in it's somewhat ordered structure, but one that's not necessarily into all the Dark side/Sith stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Actually, a few other games have offered an imperial perspective; mainly, the original Battlefront II, where you played a Clonetrooper and later Stormtrooper in the 501st (Vader's personal squad). Although in that case, you're just a clone, while Idien appears to be someone who signed up for the Empire and believes in it's ideals instead of simply being grown and programmed to do so.

She seems to be a bit like Ciena Ree and Rae Sloane a bit from the novels, an Imperial loyalist who perhaps believes in it's somewhat ordered structure, but one that's not necessarily into all the Dark side/Sith stuff.
    Well I wasn't sure wether or not to count the clone one since it wasn't as in depth. It seemed more like looking through a recording rather than someone's eyes. Her believing in the Empire is more or less what I was getting at. Which novels are these? They sound very interesting.

"Lost Stars" features Ciena Ree. Basically it's a love story about people on opposite sides of the war. My only problem with it is that it's a bit "small universe", with the characters pretty much involved in a lot of the major OT events, and also the battle of Jakku (In fact, it elaborates on the crashed Star Destroyer we see at the beginning of TFA!).

Rae Sloane has appeared in the new Disney canon novels "New Dawn" and the "Aftermath" trilogy, as well in the Kanan comics. I think they imply that she was involved with the formation of the first order, but we'll see.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    "Lost Stars" features Ciena Ree. Basically it's a love story about people on opposite sides of the war. My only problem with it is that it's a bit "small universe", with the characters pretty much involved in a lot of the major OT events, and also the battle of Jakku (In fact, it elaborates on the crashed Star Destroyer we see at the beginning of TFA!).

Rae Sloane has appeared in the new Disney canon novels "New Dawn" and the "Aftermath" trilogy, as well in the Kanan comics. I think they imply that she was involved with the formation of the first order, but we'll see.
    Thanks I'll be sure to keep and eye out for those characters.

Having read the book, I like the character.

I'm still looking for that book. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I'm still looking for that book. Is it good?
    I'd say so. (Barnes and Noble has a special edition of the book with a pull-out poster for the same price as the regular hardcover.)

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I think the characters of Inferno Squadron will be received well, if only because its easier to get attached to characters in a video game. Not sure how the novel will be received. I wish it well.