Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Just like with the X-Men arc, my one complaint is that I wish this arc was 3-parts instead of two. The pacing just seems to go way too fast and I wish we could've gotten more development with the characters in the situation. That said, everything that was executed in the issue was excellent, from how they dealt with it to the resolution, and the interactions still being great, very enjoyed it.
    I wonder if they're going with an old school style of story-telling with this series?
    A lot of old comics wrapped up their plots super quickly.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I wonder if they're going with an old school style of story-telling with this series?
    A lot of old comics wrapped up their plots super quickly.
    It's funny how the Mole Man arc, which felt the most dragged out, got 4 issues to it, while X-Men and VenoMJ get rushed with only 2. Will be interesting to see how the New Green Goblin arc turns out, considering that one's 3 issues (a prelude and two parts). Would've loved to see more one-offs ala the Sandman issue, or the back-up in issue 1, that really show the family just being a family, but we'll see how Legacy's time-jump works out.

I think it was a stronger finish than the X-Men one was, and balanced telling its own story with advancing the Normie Osborn one. Not sure if MJ should keep the Venom suit after all the dangers it showed using it creates (and it did seem a little too convenient that neither she or Peter recognized it as Venom until too late), so we'll have to see how that progresses. While the inconsistent continuity with the original miniseries can be annoying (X-Men dead in mini, alive in ongoing; Sandman reformed and dead in mini, live and evil in ongoing; sci-fi tech in mini; regular modern day "comic book" tech in ongoing, etc.), I think building off of Venom's use as seen in the mini (Spider-Man killed Brock in the fight) was used well here.

It's funny how the Mole Man arc, which felt the most dragged out, got 4 issues to it, while X-Men and VenoMJ get rushed with only 2.
    If I recall correctly, Mole Man was going to be three, but they stretched it into four (and then stretched it again to five by saying that the unrelated Sandman story was the final part when released).

As far as the X-Men and Venom stories, it's my understanding that RYV needed to tie into Venom-verse, so that may have forced Conway and Stegman to fit certain beats within a specific timeframe.

Will be interesting to see how the New Green Goblin arc turns out, considering that one's 3 issues (a prelude and two parts).
    Since they've been setting this up since the first issue and advancing that story in some fashion in every issue except the two-part-X-Men (not counting the one page at the end setting up Liz giving MJ Venom), I hope it won't feel as rushed as the two-parters.

Would've loved to see more one-offs ala the Sandman issue, or the back-up in issue 1, that really show the family just being a family, but we'll see how Legacy's time-jump works out.
    More downtime with the family would be nice (and seeing more of Annie with Sephanie Kim at school would be very interesting as well). I did cut my teeth on decompressed comics like Ultimate Spider-Man, so I do tend to like the multi-part stories more when they use the extra space to tell more involved stories and dig more into the characterization, so I'm not sure I want more one shots, but variety is always good.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 07-19-2017 at 06:40 PM.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chapok View Post
    The issue itself refers to it as spider tracers Peter adapted with Regent's tech.

If anything, MJ is the OP. I'm glad Peter plays his smarts greatly here, since other writers have tendence to make him looks stupid, even when he's trying to be smart.
    Yeah, I'm definitely all for Peter being characterized like that, and I'm not opposed to him being OP, I was just wondering if they will be ignored later or if there will be a reason for Peter to not use them against EVERY supervillain.

I also agree that MJ is being written pretty OP, but I don't mind. It is nice to see both MJ and Peter being shown as very powerful heroes, unlike other writers who treat Spider-Man as a joke (cough Bendis, Zdarsky cough).

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As far as we know this was Conway's last issue as writer/co-writer. From this point forward Ryan is the sole writer
    Oohh.. that doesn't sound promising for RYV. I mean, I have no clue how Stegman will write Spidey, but Conway is one of Spidey's all time great writers and probably the best currently at Marvel.

Another great issue.
    And it's nice to see Mary Jane overcome and defeat the Venom symbiote after the way Venom scared her way back in Amazing Spider-Man #299-300.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Another great issue.
    And it's nice to see Mary Jane overcome and defeat the Venom symbiote after the way Venom scared her way back in Amazing Spider-Man #299-300.
    RYV MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mephistoverse MJ

BANNED

I've heard rumors that Gerry Conway will be leaving the book. Can anyone confirm if that is true or not?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I've heard rumors that Gerry Conway will be leaving the book. Can anyone confirm if that is true or not?
    From Gerry himself:

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...40726165856256

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    Darn. The series won't be the same without him.

Mighty Member

Here is a link to a video an interview of Stegman

He does support the Spider-Marriage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNwWj8K_77s

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Here is a link to a video an interview of Stegman

He does support the Spider-Marriage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNwWj8K_77s
    That's good to know, but I'm not sure if his writing abilities will be up to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    I'll be sorry to see him go. I hope Stegman does fine.

BANNED

Sad to see him go after such a short time. This is a big test for Stegman. Good luck to him.

I guess the whole time skip idea was his then.

It's tough to lose Conway, but I'm willing to give Stegman a shot on the book, if only because I love it so much .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's tough to lose Conway, but I'm willing to give Stegman a shot on the book, if only because I love it so much .
    I'll definitely still read it, but I'm worried that the book's quality might decline without Conway.